Jerry, please trade for a legit DT

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Well I dont think any NT alone is going to save this defense, the LB play has been equally as bad. Personally I would have LOVED to see them make a run at DJ Reader who only costs Detroit $5m against the cap this year. Even just bringing back Hankins who had a nice game for Seattle this past week would have been an improvement over what we have now. Hankins isnt a sexy pick or even much of a difference maker, but right now we just need average. I would have rather they signed average over the offseason for a couple million bucks than look for it at the trade deadline for draft picks.
Beat me to it

The problem probably won't be resolved by adding a star DT, but rather stacking quality DTs on the roster.

Hankins was a quality DT. Trading a late pick for him was arguably the best trade they've made in years.

But they should have retained him and added more quality guys like Reader. Instead, they look for bargains.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
The Cowboys have several holes on both sides of the ball. No legit RB and a weak WR room on offense and absolutely no physicality on the interior defensive line. There’s others, but these are the major holes.

As for the offense, we haven’t seen enough of the running game to see if they can run effectively. That means being able to run the ball when it’s required like late in the game to run out the clock or at the beginning of the game to show the defense they can run. As for the WR’s, I think they’ll be ok. Tolbert’s showing some life and the TE’s will help out a lot. I loved seeing Luepke on that 40 yard pass and run.

Defensively, there’s no hope as the interior line is currently manned. The only fix is for the “I’m the GM and aint firing myself” Jerry to make a trade before the deadline to acquire a better than average DT. Will he do that? Never know with Jerry. He’s such a narcissist and keeps saying we like our guys because he doesn’t want to admit he was wrong I suppose. Maybe Michael Irvin will kick him in the *** and wake him up.

Of course this all depends on the rest of the players to start showing they give a damn. Only a handful are doing that now.
I just spotted JJ and his sons entering the sports dept in Walmart.......................

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Beat me to it

The problem probably won't be resolved by adding a star DT, but rather stacking quality DTs on the roster.

Hankins was a quality DT. Trading a late pick for him was arguably the best trade they've made in years.

But they should have retained him and added more quality guys like Reader. Instead, they look for bargains.
Yeah and unless they rip off a win steak and go into the deadline week 5-2 or maybe 4-3 (I'm not sure exactly when the deadline is) I'm not sure its worth giving up the future assets to go get multiple DTs if that is whats needed.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Cowboys have several holes on both sides of the ball. No legit RB and a weak WR room on offense and absolutely no physicality on the interior defensive line. There’s others, but these are the major holes.

As for the offense, we haven’t seen enough of the running game to see if they can run effectively. That means being able to run the ball when it’s required like late in the game to run out the clock or at the beginning of the game to show the defense they can run. As for the WR’s, I think they’ll be ok. Tolbert’s showing some life and the TE’s will help out a lot. I loved seeing Luepke on that 40 yard pass and run.

Defensively, there’s no hope as the interior line is currently manned. The only fix is for the “I’m the GM and aint firing myself” Jerry to make a trade before the deadline to acquire a better than average DT. Will he do that? Never know with Jerry. He’s such a narcissist and keeps saying we like our guys because he doesn’t want to admit he was wrong I suppose. Maybe Michael Irvin will kick him in the *** and wake him up.

Of course this all depends on the rest of the players to start showing they give a damn. Only a handful are doing that now.
Lol we are definitely at the

"Dear Slim, you still ain’t called or wrote, I hope you have a chance. I ain’t mad, I just think it’s messed up you don’t answer fans"

stage of the pen pal relationship.

Coming next week:

"Dear Mr. I’m-Too-Good-to-Call-or-Write-My-Fans!"

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Yeah and unless they rip off a win steak and go into the deadline week 5-2 or maybe 4-3 (I'm not sure exactly when the deadline is) I'm not sure its worth giving up the future assets to go get multiple DTs if that is whats needed.
It's definitely not.

I'm a firm believer that the team has to earn help to get help, unless it's an unlikely move that could also benefit the future.

With that said, the Jones family traded a 1st for Amari Cooper when we had a losing record, so I'm not sure they have the same philosophy.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Just call it like you lay it out.
Okay, then this thread is a waste of your time. they’re not trading for anyone, you know they’re not trading for anyone, and there’s no one to trade for. Your efforts in this thread mirror the futility Dallas has put forth at the DT position,

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
This.......not many fans realize it but for some odd reason, the value of DTs have shot through the roof. The position went from mid-range average salary to damn near the top defensively. I think they now make more than DEs. In other words, it's now hard to get your hands on a decent one via trade.

2024 franchise tag values

Quarterback: $38.301 million
Wide Receiver: $21.816 million
Tight End: $12.693 million
Running Back: $11.951 million
Offensive Line: $20.985 million
Defensive End: $21.324 million
Defensive Tackle: $22.102 million
Linebacker: $24.007 million
Cornerback: $19.802 million
Safety: $17.123 million
Kicker/Punter: $5.984 million
It’s what happened 10 years ago to the RB position. “Maybe what happened to Emmitt had a lot to do with the Great Wall of Dallas.” “Maybe the breakout of Adrian Peterson had a lot to do with the fact that we brought in Aiden Hutchinson at the same time.” “Why isn’t Lesean McCoy making All-Pro teams in Buffalo? He looks the same.”

Suddenly RB prices are going down, and offensive lineman are going in the first round at a historic rate.

Now they’re doing the same with DT’s: what do most of the SB winning defenses have in common? Chris Jones, Aaron Donald, Vita Vea, Fletcher Cox, Ndamukong Suh, Haloti Ngata, Casey Hampton, Warren Sapp, Vince Wilfork….

That’s nearly all the great DTs this millenium. In January, they make a huge difference. Dont be surprised to see Dexter Lawrence eventually help NYG get going once they dump their QB.

Jalen Carter time is nigh!

RonWashington

Reaction score
You guys are wasting your time ....... he has moved on from this thread since you were mean to him and disagreed.

He told me to tell you guys you can jump of Rockport's bandwagon if you want to criticize how he posted today.

And to find another team because you are haters.

:D

“ here we go “

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Most teams aren't ready to start selling off players just yet but maybe just before our bye week stephen can reach out and make a cheap deal as they have done in the past. Maybe the scouts can suggest a kid on some practice squad somewhere. What teams are good at drafting DT? But also if players....yes DLaw i'm looking at you specifically keep blowing outside contain then it won't matter who else is playing along the DL.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It’s what happened 10 years ago to the RB position. “Maybe what happened to Emmitt had a lot to do with the Great Wall of Dallas.” “Maybe the breakout of Adrian Peterson had a lot to do with the fact that we brought in Aiden Hutchinson at the same time.” “Why isn’t Lesean McCoy making All-Pro teams in Buffalo? He looks the same.”

Suddenly RB prices are going down, and offensive lineman are going in the first round at a historic rate.

Now they’re doing the same with DT’s: what do most of the SB winning defenses have in common? Chris Jones, Aaron Donald, Vita Vea, Fletcher Cox, Ndamukong Suh, Haloti Ngata, Casey Hampton, Warren Sapp, Vince Wilfork….

That’s nearly all the great DTs this millenium. In January, they make a huge difference. Dont be surprised to see Dexter Lawrence eventually help NYG get going once they dump their QB.

Jalen Carter time is nigh!
You are exactly right
Perhaps it's no coincidence we burned a 1st round pick on the position for the first time in 20+ years. The problem is making the right call, but maybe the wrong player. Also, Howie may be 2 steps ahead of the league spending 1st round picks back to back on the position.