Jerry, please trade for a legit DT

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Most NFL players say stopping the run comes down to attitude and desire.

I just think there is a soft mentality on this team...or maybe more like a non-pressure atmosphere, where employees (players) feel they can coast with no ramifications. This is a culture thing.

Good run defenses are 11 guys buying in. Corners tackling well... safeties tackling well. If a RB busts thru the DLine, for 5 yds, the LB or safety holds it there, and don't let a 5 yd run turn into a 25 yard run.

We could go trade for the biggest baddest DT, and if our defense as a whole doesn't change it won't matter.

kskboys

Reaction score
The Cowboys have several holes on both sides of the ball. No legit RB and a weak WR room on offense and absolutely no physicality on the interior defensive line. There’s others, but these are the major holes.

As for the offense, we haven’t seen enough of the running game to see if they can run effectively. That means being able to run the ball when it’s required like late in the game to run out the clock or at the beginning of the game to show the defense they can run. As for the WR’s, I think they’ll be ok. Tolbert’s showing some life and the TE’s will help out a lot. I loved seeing Luepke on that 40 yard pass and run.

Defensively, there’s no hope as the interior line is currently manned. The only fix is for the “I’m the GM and aint firing myself” Jerry to make a trade before the deadline to acquire a better than average DT. Will he do that? Never know with Jerry. He’s such a narcissist and keeps saying we like our guys because he doesn’t want to admit he was wrong I suppose. Maybe Michael Irvin will kick him in the *** and wake him up.

Of course this all depends on the rest of the players to start showing they give a damn. Only a handful are doing that now.
Then go root for a different team!!!!!!

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Until Jerry realizes there are issues, nothing will happen. Deep inside, he may even know this but will never admit his mistakes. There is no hope; there is no way this gets better. The only way it could have was to walk away from the QB contract and build around what we have here. The hopeful ones will be dragged back into optimism if we beat up on the Giants, and then when things go South you will be searching for answers. Last year was our year....

Jarntt

Reaction score
The crazy thing is that even an average DT would change this team because average is so far above what our big boys have delivered this year. We wouldn’t even have to add a good player to make a difference. Similar to what Hankins did when he came here and was healthy. A good DT would make a huge difference. A great DT would just be too much for my brain to even process.

darn, I just remembered the Jones Boyz run this team. Actually got a little excited for a second. Let me scour the transaction report for guys who got cut from a practice squad as that’s more this teams style…

blueblood70

Reaction score
At this point... any player is better than what Dallas is putting on the table.
That would be a ridiculous reply no not anyone would be better than what Dallas has we have some people on the practice squads but you saying that it's saying that the players we have are the same they're not better that's what Jerry did he thought he could make Mike Zimmer scheme fit whatever he brought in here and you're saying that he could just go out and get anyone would be better and that's just ridiculous say it out loud no not just anyone we don't need just anyone we need a nose tackle which there aren't many of them that are considered premium that's why they're hard to find if you want a generational talent at nose tackle it's as hard to find as it took us to find the good safety room or to build our corner room or to find our pass rush it took a while..

One player's not fixing what's going on this defense you do realize that right it's a schematic issue where the players are not in the right place at the right time there is step off and I think this is a Mike Zimmer's got to figure this out with the players we have because unless you get Vince Woolfork with Aaron Donald next to him, not just anybody is fixing this , we have just anybody already.

This will be about watching the film and putting it in the hands of our players on where they're going wrong in this new defense this is a new defense with a bunch of new players and there's some rookies playing because bland is hurt and everyone's out of position everyone's trying to do everyone else's job you can tell even a guy like Michael Parsons lines up in one place and then he moves at the snap and he bites on some of these plays and he knows better and he did it anyway this is about fixing what we have here and it's gonna take Mike Zimmer getting in the ears of these guys and in the film room hopefully whatever they're doing in practice is gonna eventually click and the lights gonna come on and they're gonna get this right there's a lot of season left...

kskboys

Reaction score
And here's some more irony for ya. Good ol' Rocky was bashing people for saying this preseason. Gotta admit, tho, when something hits Rocky upside the head, he finally notices. Sometimes.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Didn't you have a thread about a month ago or so hyping up Mazi having a "phenominal camp"
YOU are talking about your evaluation of the player. You seem to disagree about team evaluation itself. Don't be a cry baby and take your intended wrath upon a poster here, that posted evaluations of their own program. Elements of change don't apparently mean crap to yourself. Oh, and I didn't stutter or your ears over lap.

CCBoy

Reaction score
And here's some more irony for ya. Good ol' Rocky was bashing people for saying this preseason. Gotta admit, tho, when something hits Rocky upside the head, he finally notices. Sometimes.
Not at all...and he was a soldier. He's seen it all, but a fan. He wasn't a bias and in a sequenced in season for a feeling.

Havic

Reaction score
YOU are talking about your evaluation of the player. You seem to disagree about team evaluation itself. Don't be a cry baby and take your intended wrath upon a poster here, that posted evaluations of their own program. Elements of change don't apparently mean crap to yourself. Oh, and I didn't stutter or your ears over lap.

What you fail to understand is Rocky was making these threads while defending his overall position on many takes here. Including pro dak, pro zeke, pro mazi just to name a few.

If you disagreed with him, even while presenting facts, you were told to go cheer for a different team or stop being a hater. The irony of this house of cards he built and thrusted upon the rest of us only to have it come crumbling down at week 3.

Admitting we need a DT and that he was wrong was a huge first step, forgive us for basking in the glory of his defeat

CCBoy

Reaction score
What you fail to understand is Rocky was making these threads while defending his overall position on many takes here. Including pro dak, pro zeke, pro mazi just to name a few.

If you disagreed with him, even while presenting facts, you were told to go cheer for a different team or stop being a hater. The irony of this house of cards he built and thrusted upon the rest of us only to have it come crumbling down at week 3.

Admitting we need a DT and that he was wrong was a huge first step, forgive us for basking in the glory of his defeat
No, you personalize your own case with the team. He doesn't wear a guilt by you norpe is accountable for your own disdain against the team. That is called a bias as you state your view.

As to content to dislike, hey, that surely is talkable and expressing being disappoint. This conversation isn't Helene.

Hope Cowboys win strongly!:starspin:

Havic

Reaction score
No, you personalize your own case with the team. He doesn't wear a guilt by you norpe is accountable for your own disdain against the team. That is called a bias as you state your view.

As to content to dislike, hey, that surely is talkable and expressing being disappoint. This conversation isn't Helene.

Hope Cowboys win strongly!:starspin:

I presented numerous facts and almost all have revealed themself so early in the season. Rocky stood on a hill to die on and expects the rest of us to folllow suit otherwise we’re haters. Most of us stopped drinking what Jerry’s serving, but he comes back for seconds and gets upset when no one else wants to drink that propaganda anymore.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I presented numerous facts and almost all have revealed themself so early in the season. Rocky stood on a hill to die on and expects the rest of us to folllow suit otherwise we’re haters. Most of us stopped drinking what Jerry’s serving, but he comes back for seconds and gets upset when no one else wants to drink that propaganda anymore.
Sweet pea picking. I'm not a ring tapper, myself. If all you wish to do with me is toss out non-accountable insult, don't bother with me as I directed info to your football talk Don't bother to both insult myself as well as Rocky. Take that kind of directed crap and shove it where I assure the sun knows no life. Talk football and not a poster, or don't waste my time. Hell, just see a recruiter or respond to a hurricane in Florida. Hell, just move to New York...he was discussing on football first. You repeat a singular bias. You died and made you god of discussable football facts.

You claim ownership of football facts. State any changeable points on the carpet, and let's just see. Own up now.

Last edited:

gtb1943

Reaction score
Sweet pea picking. I'm not a ring tapper, myself. If all you wish to do with me is toss out non-accountable insult, don't bother with me as I directed info to your football talk Don't bother to both insult myself as well as Rocky. Take that kind of directed crap and shove it where I assure the sun knows no life. Talk football and not a poster, or don't waste my time. Hell, just see a recruiter or respond to a hurricane in Florida. Hell, just move to New York...
cheer leading for the front office getting kind of old?