Jerry, please trade for a legit DT

rambo2

Reaction score
You are exactly right
Perhaps it's no coincidence we burned a 1st round pick on the position for the first time in 20+ years. The problem is making the right call, but maybe the wrong player. Also, Howie may be 2 steps ahead of the league spending 1st round picks back to back on the position.
I think that Howie has lost 7 of his last 10.

CWR

Reaction score
The Cowboys have several holes on both sides of the ball. No legit RB and a weak WR room on offense and absolutely no physicality on the interior defensive line. There’s others, but these are the major holes.

As for the offense, we haven’t seen enough of the running game to see if they can run effectively. That means being able to run the ball when it’s required like late in the game to run out the clock or at the beginning of the game to show the defense they can run. As for the WR’s, I think they’ll be ok. Tolbert’s showing some life and the TE’s will help out a lot. I loved seeing Luepke on that 40 yard pass and run.

Defensively, there’s no hope as the interior line is currently manned. The only fix is for the “I’m the GM and aint firing myself” Jerry to make a trade before the deadline to acquire a better than average DT. Will he do that? Never know with Jerry. He’s such a narcissist and keeps saying we like our guys because he doesn’t want to admit he was wrong I suppose. Maybe Michael Irvin will kick him in the *** and wake him up.

Of course this all depends on the rest of the players to start showing they give a damn. Only a handful are doing that now.
No one is trading away a legit DT 3 games into the season. Not that it matters anyway, but the request is unrealistic for multiple reasons.

Best we can do is get a younger guy off someone's practice squad and hope he shines. That or trade for a mediocre DT, who will undoubtedly cost too much in return.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Cowboys have several holes on both sides of the ball. No legit RB and a weak WR room on offense and absolutely no physicality on the interior defensive line. There’s others, but these are the major holes.

As for the offense, we haven’t seen enough of the running game to see if they can run effectively. That means being able to run the ball when it’s required like late in the game to run out the clock or at the beginning of the game to show the defense they can run. As for the WR’s, I think they’ll be ok. Tolbert’s showing some life and the TE’s will help out a lot. I loved seeing Luepke on that 40 yard pass and run.

Defensively, there’s no hope as the interior line is currently manned. The only fix is for the “I’m the GM and aint firing myself” Jerry to make a trade before the deadline to acquire a better than average DT. Will he do that? Never know with Jerry. He’s such a narcissist and keeps saying we like our guys because he doesn’t want to admit he was wrong I suppose. Maybe Michael Irvin will kick him in the *** and wake him up.

Of course this all depends on the rest of the players to start showing they give a damn. Only a handful are doing that now.
How about Cameron Heyward? I would trade Dak to Pitt for him.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This team is built to pressure the Qb.....vrs stop the run

Best thing this season is for Dak to start moving team 1st Qtr....not 4th Qtr

Takes other team out of 65% run ratio

We need a starting pitcher, not a late inning reliever
Bi-polar Dak as I call him.

chagus

Reaction score
but again i don't think there's a single team right now ready to deal a player.. It's just a too soon post my man sorry but there is no team right now that's giving up a premium player... Tell me who this player is and how he's gonna change the nature of our defense? And how much is this player actually worth?.
At this point... any player is better than what Dallas is putting on the table.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score

The Baltimore game the Ravens runs were all on the edge mostly, I read here , meaning the DEs, LBs and DBs are responsible and not DTs . Also one man is not going to fix the DL crisis, the best thing we can hope is offense will get out of funk and start scoring so that we are not playing behind.

gtb1943

Reaction score
we either have to give up a player or a pick

and it would need to be a high pick to get a real quality player

BUT on the other hand if we got a high quality vet with years left then that is worth a pick. BUT who has one that is willing to trade on without demanding an arm and a leg

gtb1943

Reaction score
The Baltimore game the Ravens runs were all on the edge mostly, I read here , meaning the DEs, LBs and DBs are responsible and not DTs . Also one man is not going to fix the DL crisis, the best thing we can hope is offense will get out of funk and start scoring so that we are not playing behind.
our DTs are atrocious; Henry was just the last back to show it right up the middle; between the tackles
watching the game while there was a problem with our ends the worst of it was right up the middle

shabazz

Reaction score

Hey genius......who are we to trade away?

Blackrain

Reaction score
I'd like to see dalvin cook get a shot to play in the Giants game just saying like to see what he has left

Buzzbait

Reaction score
There isn’t really a good DT in the trade market. Even if there was, it would be too expensive(money and draft picks) to obtain. It probably won’t effect the run defense much right now. There are too many holes to plug. Save the resources and go get one next draft and/or free agency.
I agree Big T, too many holes to plug and with paying out the BIG bucks to a certain few who are not exactly earning their keep, you have to rely on the draft for affordable help. There's no quick easy fix, we just need to take our medicine and wait for the draft and hope for a better draft position AND a better choice of talent! No more Tacos and Mazis. They darned well better get us a good RB while they're at it!

exciter

Reaction score
who? there are two requisites for this to happen. a legit DT and a team willing to trade. so lets put names out there and then the teams and why they would be willing to make a trade and then what they may want in a trade.

good teams, good defenses, are in playoff hunt and want to get to post season. so why would they trade? so that reduces the number. so average teams in the middle. are they good defensively? if not, then that eliminates even more. so average to bad teams with good defenses. some average teams still hope to turn it around and make a run, so they may not want to make a trade....so that leaves bad teams that have good defenses or good defensive players and that's about what? 1 or 2 teams at best. so who? this ain't fantasy football Rock...and I do respect you.
Davon Godchaux… currently with Patriots!

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Not happening, you got Dak at 60m/yr tho. It’s what you and your fellow cultists wanted so stop complaining and enjoy the next 5 dumpster fire years.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No clue. I don’t pretend to be a GM who’s supposed to know what might be available out there.
Your original post suggested otherwise. I was hoping you knew of someone available that's worth a damn. Honestly, I don't think that person exists at this point in the season.