Jerry: Prescott corrects mistakes better than any QB I've ever been around

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Are we talking about the same player?
The one who had a major regression last year leading the NFL in interceptions ?
Dak is not the first player to have a bad year nor will be the last. The desire to call his down year (which was still good enough to rank in the top half of the league) the standard is intellectually dishonest. As is harping on the interceptions when it has been factually demonstrated time and again that a minimum of 5 of those could not have been thrown any better and the receivers just botched the catch and two others were the result of his being hit on the arm while throwing and another was tipped at the line. Not saying those don't count just as much as plain old bad read/poor throw interceptions on the stat sheet.. but they need to be evaluated differently. I could reasonably argue that 8, which is over half, of Dak's INTs last year had next to nothing to do with him. Even if you want to ding him for "holding the ball too long" on the ones where his arm was hit I would remind you that the one against Houston was a three step drop where the defender who hit his arm came unblocked and was on him in under 2 seconds. The continued emphasis on the raw INT stat without context reeks of agenda.

I'm not saying Dak won't throw any INTs in 2023.. but I am fairly confident he won't throw 15. Especially if he gets a legitimate #2 to pair with CD. Even if that legit #2 is a healthy Michael Gallup. Maybe they bring back T.Y. Hilton.. or Jerry makes his "big move" on a free agent or trade. Or maybe a play making WR falls to them in the draft. You never know. What I do know is that Dak has never thrown a lot of INTs so I am prepared to threat 2022 as an outlier until proven otherwise.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I agree with his assessment of your contribution to this board.
However, that aside, any comment on my post?

you think Mahomes wouldn't have won a Super Bowl with this Cowboys roster?
Does he get Andy Reid calling plays or do we hang the Kellen Moore albatross around his neck?

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Jerry’s resentment of Aikman and vice versa has hurt this franchise. Jerry can’t let himself take a QB in the first round because that player may have too much influence in the organization. Jerry picks guys to hire that don’t threaten him. Dude is a cancer.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Per Jerry: "Dak corrects mistakes better than any qb he's been around" Are they giving him Wite-Out liquid correction tape enemas?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry’s resentment of Aikman and vice versa has hurt this franchise. Jerry can’t let himself take a QB in the first round because that player may have too much influence in the organization. Jerry picks guys to hire that don’t threaten him. Dude is a cancer.
Had not thought of Jerry Jones’ aversion to drafting quarterback in the first round from that perspective. It would fit a narcissistic tendency though. They do prefer not sharing the spotlight.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Attention ALL Posters

It would be in your best interest to simply ignore AC and a few others as clearly they are bulletproof here so no need to get yourselves benched....they are not worth the time.
No, to ignore as the laughter they produce is priceless!!!!
And let's not forget their agony when Dakko Love keeps making them look mentally challenged.
Let's see what new excuses they will produce in 23 for their man crush.
There are no more than 10 of them now as they are a dying breed.
VIVA to Dakko and VIVA to his PR employees here who are trying their best but you simply cannot sell garbage.
Hmmm, what's that smell again????:muttley:

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I was walking around in Jerusalem tonight wearing my Dak jersey. Cowboys are a lock to win the SB now. Go get your early bets in!