Jerry: Prescott corrects mistakes better than any QB I've ever been around

zeke21

Reaction score
Only one QB wins the SB a year. So by your logic the rest of the QB’s suck. See how ignorant you sound?
And here comes Rockport to save the DakDay... do you ever get sick of defending Dak? Your band of merry men gets smaller with each passing year, each failure.. and yet you will hold out until the end I suspect.

No one is coming in here saying that Burrow sucks because he didn't win the SB.. or that Hurts is a joke because he lost in the SB.. or that Rodgers isn't HOF cause he 'only won once'.. so stop creating nonsense.

What is now clear to everyone, bar a few fanatics and you, is that Dak is not going to be good enough to win a SB.. heck he isn't even good enough to get us to the Championship game. Now you will say it is his 'lack of weapons' or 'poor coaching' or 'the sun was in his eyes' and those excuses are fine.. it is your reality. Those of us who actually watch the game and understand the game.. well it is a different story.

Dak has never been an elite pocket passer.. even in his 'best' year (the rookie 2016 season) he was not used as a pocket passer. He was mobile, he got out of a lot of jams by running.. he relied on an RB that put together the 2nd best ALL TIME rookie rushing record.. and was surrounded by a strong support cast. We have then spent 6 further seasons trying to turn him into a pocket passer.. and he has consistently got worse and worse. His footwork has ALWAYS been sloppy (heck you can read his recruiting report on it) and it hasn't improved much. He has been throwing behind receivers his whole career.. this is well documented and has not improved.

Whilst it is true that his interceptions numbers were very low before this season.. he has consistently shown he can turn the ball over through fumbles and he has been in the top 3 for "interceptable balls" stats for 3 of his 7 seasons. That says that he puts the ball up there to be intercepted A LOT.. our WRs have often had to play defender to save Dak from the interceptions.. one of the reasons why he got intercepted more this season.. he no longer had the elite WRs that were capable of defending those under thrown and bad passes.

From 2016 and on.. there have been many of us that have been waiting for Daks interception numbers to 'blow up' and we weren't surprised when they did. The more surprising part is that they have been low for the rest of his career considering how many badly delivered balls he puts up each and every game.

Dak has burned through 3 OCs, 4 QB coaches, 2 HCs, a stack of talent and still hasn't got out of the first round of the playoffs. This is a team that is LOADED for a SB run.. this is a team that cooper rush was able to go 5-1 with. This is a team that should have a heck of a lot more success than it has had. Dak is not the only problem.. but he sure isn't the solution.

At some point you, and your fellow Dak lovers, will need to face reality. Dak is not going to win a SB because he is not capable of winning a SB. He is getting paid too much for us to surround him with enough talent to overcome his weaknesses and win a SB. So no matter how you slice it.. we are not winning a SB while Dak remains our QB. I would not feel comfortable saying the follow current QBs can't/ won't ever win a SB: Burrows, Watson, Hurts, Allen, Herbert, Lawrence, Jackson, Rodgers (already has one), Stafford (already has one), Wilson (already has one) ... that is not to say all of those guys will win one.. but I could see them being able to. Dak just doesn't have it.

Dak is a 12-16th ranked QB.. that is his level. There is no disputing that now. It is his level. There are not many guys in that bracket that will win a SB.. and there are ZERO guys in that bracket that will win a SB whilst getting paid 25% of the cap. It is just mathematics.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And here comes Rockport to save the DakDay... do you ever get sick of defending Dak? Your band of merry men gets smaller with each passing year, each failure.. and yet you will hold out until the end I suspect.

No one is coming in here saying that Burrow sucks because he didn't win the SB.. or that Hurts is a joke because he lost in the SB.. or that Rodgers isn't HOF cause he 'only won once'.. so stop creating nonsense.

What is now clear to everyone, bar a few fanatics and you, is that Dak is not going to be good enough to win a SB.. heck he isn't even good enough to get us to the Championship game. Now you will say it is his 'lack of weapons' or 'poor coaching' or 'the sun was in his eyes' and those excuses are fine.. it is your reality. Those of us who actually watch the game and understand the game.. well it is a different story.

Dak has never been an elite pocket passer.. even in his 'best' year (the rookie 2016 season) he was not used as a pocket passer. He was mobile, he got out of a lot of jams by running.. he relied on an RB that put together the 2nd best ALL TIME rookie rushing record.. and was surrounded by a strong support cast. We have then spent 6 further seasons trying to turn him into a pocket passer.. and he has consistently got worse and worse. His footwork has ALWAYS been sloppy (heck you can read his recruiting report on it) and it hasn't improved much. He has been throwing behind receivers his whole career.. this is well documented and has not improved.

Whilst it is true that his interceptions numbers were very low before this season.. he has consistently shown he can turn the ball over through fumbles and he has been in the top 3 for "interceptable balls" stats for 3 of his 7 seasons. That says that he puts the ball up there to be intercepted A LOT.. our WRs have often had to play defender to save Dak from the interceptions.. one of the reasons why he got intercepted more this season.. he no longer had the elite WRs that were capable of defending those under thrown and bad passes.

From 2016 and on.. there have been many of us that have been waiting for Daks interception numbers to 'blow up' and we weren't surprised when they did. The more surprising part is that they have been low for the rest of his career considering how many badly delivered balls he puts up each and every game.

Dak has burned through 3 OCs, 4 QB coaches, 2 HCs, a stack of talent and still hasn't got out of the first round of the playoffs. This is a team that is LOADED for a SB run.. this is a team that cooper rush was able to go 5-1 with. This is a team that should have a heck of a lot more success than it has had. Dak is not the only problem.. but he sure isn't the solution.

At some point you, and your fellow Dak lovers, will need to face reality. Dak is not going to win a SB because he is not capable of winning a SB. He is getting paid too much for us to surround him with enough talent to overcome his weaknesses and win a SB. So no matter how you slice it.. we are not winning a SB while Dak remains our QB. I would not feel comfortable saying the follow current QBs can't/ won't ever win a SB: Burrows, Watson, Hurts, Allen, Herbert, Lawrence, Jackson, Rodgers (already has one), Stafford (already has one), Wilson (already has one) ... that is not to say all of those guys will win one.. but I could see them being able to. Dak just doesn't have it.

Dak is a 12-16th ranked QB.. that is his level. There is no disputing that now. It is his level. There are not many guys in that bracket that will win a SB.. and there are ZERO guys in that bracket that will win a SB whilst getting paid 25% of the cap. It is just mathematics.
You Dak haters wouldn’t know a football if it hit you in the face.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

In case you haven't noticed, Dak isn't even good enough to consistently win the NFCE, much less make it to the NFCCG

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jerry doesnt realize it but he just said dak makes a lot of mistakes, but thats ok because he is great at correcting them!!
He also said dak isnt as effective as he should be, and has things he needs to work on, also ok because he is good at that too!! lol

I doubt jerry realizes it has been 7 years of this and here we are still trying to eliminate mistakes and be more effective.:thumbup:
Jerry just loves Dak and like some here, will defend him no matter what. And the pay raise and extension coming soon!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This statement made me laugh when I read thread title, and this is one reason I like coming here, and still follow the cowboys.
Jerry and STephen aka jones boys, are so dumb, and say such weird and preposterous things like this, so funny!

I guess they dont see how dumb it is and think most fans will believe this crap they think up.
They are a comedy duo, and could take it on the road and talk shows, and live shows and make some more $.
Imagine the jones boys doing 1 hour show with all of their statements, some good comedy there!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I have not read all of this thread nor do I intend to.

However, if there is any, and I am stretching this to say any, Cowboys fan who believes this, then they are a complete imbecile.

And I am guessing that since Jones has been getting away with insulting the collect fan intelligence, that everyone is good with the idea that it wasn't the player, just his OC and QB coach?

Great.

Now wait until the Training Camp Press Conference, sheeple.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I think it would serve you well to put AC on ignore. I don't myself....but ....it's becoming distracting for all at this point.

I again apologize for...citizens....giving you this grief for you service. I don't think for one second AC has served. If he has...he needs some clinical care. If he hasn't...he needs an ax whupin.
I would love to see you and your buds try. You would learn quickly.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Um..it's not funny at all. If you are gonna lecture people about respect and civility...then you have to show some yourself. Even when they don't. Otherwise...you are just a hypocrite.

You are doing the very same thing you tell other people to not do. Come on...

Even if you THINK they don't deserve it...you still give it. Maybe only then...will things change. Be the leader. Not the aggressive escalator.

I wouldn't normally do this tactic. But when I see someone lecture others while doing the same thing themselves, I speak out.

Sorry if I couldn't precisely define the "initial personal attacker". I saw you...call names, then lecture about respect. So...if other people are doing that...they also need called out too.
So speaks a troll who does nothing but insult.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
Regression? As in 6-7 of his interceptions were on his receivers? Plus, being limited to only 1 true weapon at WR all season, an injured Oline where musical chairs was used with backup material, an Oline coach who sucked for the past 3 years and is no longer here, a RB duo who couldn't muster even 70 yards combined several times against the best front 7 opposing Defenses, hence why their RBs coach is no longer here, and an inexperienced O-Coordinator who failed terribly at creating better plays/schemes/playcalling and also is no longer here?
In your defense of Dak, you actually helped the argument of those who are Dak detractors ... It's apparent that Dak needs everything around him to be perfect in order to succeed, which is fine if you're a $15 - $20 Million QB; Unfortunately, he's paid $40 Million!! There isn't much room under the cap to add the weapons that he needs..