Jerry Rice: Garoppolo Better Than Dak

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dalton has been paid well over $100 million as a franchise QB. Going back home was obviously a consideration for him joining the Cowboys. $2 million at home or say $6-7 million somewhere he really doesn't want to be wouldn't be a difficult a decision for him.
You must think I’m crazy to think Dalton turned down a starting job somewhere so he could back up Dak and come home. :lmao2:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So you disagree that a team with a strong running game makes life easier for their receivers? So you do not think the receivers would have more space and more time to run their routes for more plays during a game as opposed to receivers playing for a team with a below average running game? Guess what was Randall Cobb's best year at Green Bay? Guess what was Green Bays' best year of rushing during his tenure there? Yep 2014. Weird.
What is your point? Zeke made Amari Cooper play well?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
YAC yards typically come from timing, throwing recievers open, picking the correct target and hitting them in stride.

Not really. George Kittle is a YAC Monster. It has nothing to being thrown open. Also, SF uses screens and the short passing game quite a bit.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You must think I’m crazy to think Dalton turned down a starting job somewhere so he could back up Dak and come home. :lmao2:

Crazy is as crazy does...right Forest?
Dalton came to Big D to compete and take over the starting QB job once Dak starts stinking it up again.
Now convince all of us he couldn't get a better pay-check somewhere else?
Promises we're made and he is in the perfect position to be our Jim Plunkett!
Pray Dak doesn't fold like a cheap tent against good defenses.....PRAY HARD as I have a feeling Dak will need all the support he can muster!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Zach martin is about it. and the guard doesnt impact the game like a qb does.
Quinn shouldn't be mentioned. He had a great year, but he was too much a liability in the run game. He had a more positive effect of the defense than an adverse one, but he still had an adverse effect.

Elliott just didnt impact games like he did in the past

jay94

Reaction score
Rice is an idiot, but may be the best player to ever play.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
No that would be Sean Payton who holds most of Eastern Illinois records. But as far as where a QB started after joining the NFL to where he got it's Tony Romo who was undrafted and became the starting QB for the Cowboys.
How did Sean fare in his professional career?

Hadenough

Reaction score
I watched every minute of every game last season (I'm sure you did too) and we whooped on the Giants, Commanders, Dolphins and Lions...all of which ended up with top 5 draft picks...Dak didn't show up against quality opponents last season.
Dak padded the heck out of his stats playing those teams. He probably had 900 yds passing against the Commanders.

Swagger

Reaction score
Dak had some bad games, I'm not arguing that. However, the ones that don't like Dak seem to point to 2019 because it's a year even the entire team quit on the coach. Dak played well against quality opponents last year too but you guys don't like talking about that. Like the first philly game or against Minnesota where Dak was surgical and played well against the Rams too.

Jimmy G isn't a better QB then Dak and anybody that says so shows me their lack or football knowledge or their intense hatred of Dak
The throw that Jimmy G missed at the end of the Superbowl is just the sort of throw Dak would also miss.
I didn't mention a starting job. He could have been offered a similar role to Tannehill elsewhere and who knows that may turn out to be the case here. Mariota = Prescott

Last edited:

Swagger

Reaction score
What is your point? Zeke made Amari Cooper play well?
My point is that for receivers like Cobb and Cooper having Elliott and generally the Cowboys' running game made it easier for them to ball out. You flat out gave the credit to Prescott but in reality we have had one of the strongest running games in the league that marks a lot of respect which in tern opens up games for receivers. In Green Bay opposing teams only had to worry about a fat Lacy or gadget man Starks and at the Raiders teams faced a Marshawn Lynch on his way to the old people's home meaning the receivers will have likely faced a lot of more coverage than at the Cowboys.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak padded the heck out of his stats playing those teams. He probably had 900 yds passing against the Commanders.
You gotta feel for the rest of our talented players like Zeke, Martin, Coop, etc.
These guys are missing the glory their talents deserve as they have to carry the BUM we have at QB named Lemon Prescott.
The good news is that this is the final year we will waste as Dak is roadkill come the spring!

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is so much better than Jimmy it's not even funny.

Jimmy was near the bottom of the league in air yards, and at the top in YAC. Dak was the exact opposite. Jimmy's numbers are entirely the product of that scheme.
Not to mention drops. As much as I didn't like the failure of the offense, I welcome the result.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Crazy is as crazy does...right Forest?
Dalton came to Big D to compete and take over the starting QB job once Dak starts stinking it up again.
Now convince all of us he couldn't get a better pay-check somewhere else?
Promises we're made and he is in the perfect position to be our Jim Plunkett!
Pray Dak doesn't fold like a cheap tent against good defenses.....PRAY HARD as I have a feeling Dak will need all the support he can muster!
Ok if you believe that.........

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Quinn shouldn't be mentioned. He had a great year, but he was too much a liability in the run game. He had a more positive effect of the defense than an adverse one, but he still had an adverse effect.

Elliott just didnt impact games like he did in the past
This is correct. It ain't even worth crushing his list because just by the list you can tell he knows nothing about the game.