Jerry Rice: Garoppolo Better Than Dak

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's Rice's opinion that may or may not be influenced, consciously or subconsciously, by the fact Garoppolo plays for the 49ers. Not really a big story, he's entitled to his opinion, and, realistically, it's possible for him to think Garoppolo is better, but still think Dak is very good.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Same could be said about that #2 and 6 offense so your argument is what?? Turn overs matter but its not like the D was as bad as you want to make them. If the D sucked the O sucked just as bad.

Well if you take out what the offense did against Dolphins, Commanders and Giants....yeah you could argue it was bad too. Now what is your point? The offense stunk numerous weeks as well. The defense was bad. You are just saying its not bad because it doesn't fit your argument but it was not a playoff defense. You can't win in the playoffs if you can't get stops or turnovers. You just can't.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Same could be said about that #2 and 6 offense so your argument is what?? Turn overs matter but its not like the D was as bad as you want to make them. If the D sucked the O sucked just as bad.
But analytically those numbers stay true. Not close with the defense. Sorry fam

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Not so good but that doesn't change what he did at Eastern Illinois.
Well, if he was the worst of the 3 after leaving, he wouldn’t be the best to come out of that school, regardless of the statistical records at the school itself.

GMO415

Reaction score
hellgoinon.png

Brax

Reaction score
Well if you take out what the offense did against Dolphins, Commanders and Giants....yeah you could argue it was bad too. Now what is your point? The offense stunk numerous weeks as well. The defense was bad. You are just saying its not bad because it doesn't fit your argument but it was not a playoff defense. You can't win in the playoffs if you can't get stops or turnovers. You just can't.
The team was 8-8 you can analytic anything you all want but if the O disappears in the first half it doesn't matter. Funny how stats and rankings mean nothing when it doesn't fit your take. For me both sides were nothing to write home about and if the D did suck as bad as you say the O was right there with them.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The team was 8-8 you can analytic anything you all want but if the O disappears in the first half it doesn't matter. Funny how stats and rankings mean nothing when it doesn't fit your take. For me both sides were nothing to write home about and if the D did suck as bad as you say the O was right there with them.
Bottom line was 8-8. Best to worst units

Offense 6th best in scoring offense
Defense 11th best in scoring defense
Special teams were awful

Swagger

Reaction score
What were they in turnovers?

That's your opinion. You and the .02 percent of you in the country that believes Mariotta and Prescott are of the same caliber..........you are all over the place.

Where is the proof of this? And you keep talking about James Starks and Lacy but when Lacy entered this league he was very good fat or not. You must be thinking about Seahawks Eddy Lacy....
If you are unable to understand what is an obvious and valid point then let's just leave it there as it's like banging my head against a brick wall. To be fair I think you are trolling me any way.

Regarding the Mariotta comment it was slightly tongue in cheek but if Prescott has another shoulder "injury" then who knows.

I remember watching Prescott attempt a hail mary in a game - the ball didn't even reach the end zone which says it all.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I JUST SAID the offense was bad at times too so what is YOUR POINT? The defense was better than the offense? I don't know what you are getting at? The offense sucked and we got rid of Garrett. Defense sucked and we got rid of Maranelli. What is your point?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you are unable to understand what is an obvious and valid point then let's just leave it there as it's like banging my head against a brick wall. To be fair I think you are trolling me any way.

Regarding the Mariotta comment it was slightly tongue in cheek but if Prescott has another shoulder "injury" then who knows.

I remember watching Prescott attempt a hail mary in a game - the ball didn't even reach the end zone which says it all.
You accuse me of trolling you but you said Mariota=Prescott and now because Prescott can't throw a Hail Mary....what does that mean exactly? I get it. You look at my signature and avatar and think he's a Dak fan so let me try and rile him up by being "tongue and cheek". Its not gonna work. I'm so over it all. If you want talk football that's fine. But this is just arguing in circles just to rile me up it seems.

Brax

Reaction score
I JUST SAID the offense was bad at times too so what is YOUR POINT? The defense was better than the offense? I don't know what you are getting at? The offense sucked and we got rid of Garrett. Defense sucked and we got rid of Maranelli. What is your point?
Point was in reply to your original question/comment. (202)
"Cowboys did not have a top 10 defense wth?"
They did, so it looks like poster was correct Dak wasn't much of a factor......

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Well, if he was the worst of the 3 after leaving, he wouldn’t be the best to come out of that school, regardless of the statistical records at the school itself.

Once again you're TRYING to change what I've said. What I have said is while at Eastern Illinois Payton was the best QB. He didn't have a good pro career. Garappolo was a 2nd round draft pick and would have much much much much higher expectations than an undrafted player and because of that I choose the player that GREATLY SURPASSED the expectations of an undrafted player. Not only that but that undrafted player holds many of the Cowboys passing records. Just wait and see how much I laugh at you when garappolo doesn't end up with many of the 49ers passing records and he was a 2nd round pick. Like I said before for people like you instead of listing team win/loss records by the team name or city they should list them under the QB name because you think it's all and only about the QB for all the wins and losses.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Once again you're TRYING to change what I've said. What I have said is while at Eastern Illinois Payton was the best QB. He didn't have a good pro career. Garappolo was a 2nd round draft pick and would have much much much much higher expectations than an undrafted player and because of that I choose the player that GREATLY SURPASSED the expectations of an undrafted player. Not only that but that undrafted player holds many of the Cowboys passing records. Just wait and see how much I laugh at you when garappolo doesn't end up with many of the 49ers passing records and he was a 2nd round pick. Like I said before for people like you instead of listing team win/loss records by the team name or city they should list them under the QB name because you think it's all and only about the QB for all the wins and losses.
I think you got it backwards. I made a comment and you tried to change what I said. :laugh:

And I don’t care who you choose. I only care who I choose and I choose Jimmy G.!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Point was in reply to your original question/comment. (202)
"Cowboys did not have a top 10 defense wth?"
They did, so it looks like poster was correct Dak wasn't much of a factor......
They did not have a top 10 defense just because they allowed on average less points than 9 other teams.....what in the hell? Did you guys even watch the Cowboys defense last year? Did you not see Mitch Tribusky and Sam Darnold go off on them?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I think you got it backwards. I made a comment and you tried to change what I said. :laugh:

And I don’t care who you choose. I only care who I choose and I choose Jimmy G.!

Actually I'll quote you "he is the best QB to come out of Eastern Illinois". No Garapollo was not the best QB at Eastern Illinois, Payton was. And like you said I don't care who you think was the best QB at Eastern Illinois, the numbers say it was Payton.

DFWJC

Reaction score
JG's WR group, at least early in the season, is once again extremely sparse.

• Debo Samual has a Jones fracture
  • Jalen Hurd is out for the season with an ACL
  • Brandon Aiyk (rookie) has a hammy
  • Richie James broke his wrist
  • Travis Benjamin (signed this offseason) opted out this year
  • JJ Nelson (signed off scrap heap) out 2-4 weeks
Currently, our #4 or #5 WRs would start for them

They DO have a great TE though....which is why JG mainly had shorter targets but lots of YAC

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Actually I'll quote you "he is the best QB to come out of Eastern Illinois". No Garapollo was not the best QB at Eastern Illinois, Payton was. And like you said I don't care who you think was the best QB at Eastern Illinois, the numbers say it was Payton.
You’re very intolerant of any opinion that is different than yours, aren’t you, stat boy? I bet you spend 30 hours a week analyzing a fantasy football team.

Jimmy G > Payton