Twitter: Jerry said no one forced Mike McCarthy to make Kellen Moore his offensive coordinator

75boyz

Reaction score
I'm only stating that a HC job and main responsibility is not as play caller. Some HC do but his responsibility is not as you say walk around coach. In terms of calling plays, I don't think that is as big of an issue than trying to piece meal an OL together than can actually play together for more than 1 week. When you got guys falling like flies on your OL you will have break downs and there is not a lot of plays in the playbook that requires little to no blocking. I would also add Moore is not developing game plans by himself, McCarthy is a big part of putting together a strategy and game plan together as is the case on all teams. Football is never a 1 man show there are lot of parts involved. You want to say to this point they have not done a good job, I will not disagree but it gets old having 1 or 2 people scapegoated

Can not disagree with a lot of your team infrastructire breakdowns and the differing responsibilities associated with those breakdowns.
Where I may differ with is the term scapegoat.
McCarthy is not some stoolie who is absolved of all responsibility for having his team prepared, motivated and focused. This includes accountability for the performance of all coaches and players.
This type of accountability is a foreign word within the organization starting with its owner/GM thus creating a toxic trickle down effect where it's always a guessing game as to whose responsibility is it for what.
Even his championship season at GB is said to have included a great deal of season ending injuries to IR so while as you say, this is extreme and I agree, it is not new to him.
I believe his win totals at GB centered around Rodgers ability not his coaching. His defenses sucked. Especially in the playoffs.
"Except" for the one trophy year.
I believe he was a poor choice and largely responsible for most of this as I told you my opinion on responsibility/accountability as a HC already.
No worries.
Difference of opinion.

Cheers

Adreme

Reaction score
lol no one is going to believe this, true or not.
It is just too odd to be true, and it was too sudden after MM was hired.

Why is it odd? They had one of the best offenses in the NFL last year and were returning most of the starters. There would be zero reason to shake things up just for the sake of a shake up. The offense was not the problem in Dallas. The fact that Dallas has still not won a single game since 2018 where the offense did not score 30 is a problem.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
That's probably true he wasn't forced. Keep in mind McCarthy got criticized in Green Bay for lack of creativity. Moore racked up a lot of yards so probably saw it as an opportunity to keep a piece that was working while making some tweaks.

75boyz

Reaction score
Why is it odd? They had one of the best offenses in the NFL last year and were returning most of the starters. There would be zero reason to shake things up just for the sake of a shake up. The offense was not the problem in Dallas. The fact that Dallas has still not won a single game since 2018 where the offense did not score 30 is a problem.

While what you say may be true, then why hire a 2 decades plus offensive head coach who said publicly he would never give up play calling and whose GB teams were identified as having ridiculously bad playoff defenses?

Why not just promote Moore to Head Coach after last year?

If Moore runs the offense, Nolan the defense and Fassel the special teams, what does McCarthy do and why was he hired?

That's why it's odd.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
and most who arent conspiracy theorist knew this , MM has confirmed this, KM was asked to come back by MM as KM was looking elsewhere, he wasn't under contract..

only fans who try at every opportunity to make this a Jerry thing, it was not..

I think it was s mistake keeping him as it bread crumbs the old staff and well i would have liked a total purge, no excuses no conspiracy's..
It probably is McCarthy who is holding on to Moore.

But Moore was retained to make it an easier transition for Prescott.

Prescott is gone.

Dalton has years more experience than Moore. Dalton needs Big Mike to step in and call the plays. He can still utilize Moore for gameplanning and sideline adjustments..

But this franchise is ripping apart over all the pressure. McCarthy can calm the issues and look players in the eye and call the offense.

Doubts about who who is leading needs to be clarified.

Next year..that's another topic.

Moore goes back to play calling for Dak if McCarthy thinks it a good idea.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
and most who arent conspiracy theorist knew this , MM has confirmed this, KM was asked to come back by MM as KM was looking elsewhere, he wasn't under contract..

only fans who try at every opportunity to make this a Jerry thing, it was not..

I think it was s mistake keeping him as it bread crumbs the old staff and well i would have liked a total purge, no excuses no conspiracy's..
It probably is McCarthy who is holding on to Moore.

But Moore was retained to make it an easier transition for Prescott.

Prescott is gone.

Dalton has years more experience than Moore. Dalton needs Big Mike to step in and call the plays. He can still utilize Moore for gameplanning and sideline adjustments..

But this franchise is ripping apart over all the pressure. McCarthy can calm the issues and look players in the eye and call the offense.

Doubts about who does what need to be stiffled.

Players need direct contact with their HC. And therefore accountability.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
If Kellen Moore is the next HC, it's just more of Jerry's desire becoming reality. This hasn't been about being the best team in the NFL in a very long time. This show sells and Jerry is the main attraction. The guy can't even speak properly, yet people build their hopes on his decision making as GM every off season. If you didn't learn by now it's not because you're not bright enough, it's because you choose to indulge, we all have.

As long as Jerry even decides what brand of toliet paper is used in the stadium, your most optimistic prediction for the following season should never be more than 8-8.

Proof

Reaction score
Total B.S.

dude let the whole staff go, brought in all his people, and kept Kellen. I don’t see why it’s such a stretch to think he wanted Kellen. Especially since he was so vocal in his praise

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I think it was clear that McCarthy didn't want to do much to the offense this year, and that became especially true because of COVID.

We've seen the defense struggle with Nolan's scheme. McCarthy didn't want the offense to take a step back, even if it would be better in the long run. Hopefully, we'll see him slowly morph the offense into his scheme.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
they didnt have one of the best offenses, lol.
your going by stats, and rankings, and all that is meaningless.
The best offenses were in the championship games and the super bowl.
This year they scored points, in comebacks, which is vastly different from blowing a team out.
they put up a lot of passing yds, but few rushing yds, and that is why they are losing.
Stats dont mean much.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
One has nothing to do with the other. Are you trying to insinuate that McCarthy did not want Lamb? Lamb is one of the best players in the 2020 draft without a doubt. Lamb was the right choice.

If McCarthy did not want Lamb then that speaks volumes about McCarthy in a bad way.
Are you dumb? He’s alluding to Jerry making Lamb wear the number “88”.

75boyz

Reaction score
Jerry Jones refuses to put everything together and step out of the way.When we had talented teams he would get us inferior coaches so he can take the credit.

Now we have less talent and he thinks hiring a new coach is gonna solve everything.

Take dlaw and jaylon.... put them on the chiefs Steelers pats or ravens... they’d be all pros again. Those teams aren a joke.. they aren’t a circus. When you walk into those locker rooms they’re are expectations... here it’s not about winning to players it’s about getting paid.

Were closer to the bengals than we are to any of those teams I listed above..... and it’s been that way to an extent for 25 years now.

Was scrolling and just read this. Spot on. Culture and Coaching.
Excellent post.