Twitter: Jerry said no one forced Mike McCarthy to make Kellen Moore his offensive coordinator

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Jerry continuing to prove why nobody believes a word he says. If anyone believes MM said anything other than "thanks for the job" when he walked in the room....

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Are you dumb? He’s alluding to Jerry making Lamb wear the number “88”.

Apparently, you did not read further in the thread. The person provided a link to what he was referring to. In the link, it says Jerry 'wants' Lamb to wear number 88 in honor of his good friend with the same name "Lamb' who wore #88 at Arkansas. The story does not mention Jerry 'forcing' Lamb to wear number 88. For all we know, Jerry may have just asked Lamb to wear #88 in honor of his Arkansas collegiate friend and Lamb agreed. If I were in Lamb's shoes, I would wholeheartedly agree with Jerry's request and be honored that Jerry asked me to do that. How could any player deny a request like that. It is a cool story and reflects the love and honor Jerry has for his friends. I also heard Dez asked or wanted Lamb to wear #88.

I had never heard this story before and am glad the person posted it. I am sure others have not heard it either. I am glad the poster showed it here.

Bottom line: no evidence that Jerry 'forced' Lamb to wear #88, only evidence that Jerry wanted and most likely just asked Lamb to wear #88 and Lamb obliged.

And that may really have nothing to do with the topic of the thread which is did Jerry force OC Kellen Moore on McCarthy.

Parcells wanted to draft Spears first and then Ware with the two first round picks the Cowboys had. Jerry said no, we need to draft Ware first because he wont be there later. Jerry was most likely right and Parcells most likely wrong in that instance. Don't know if Jerry 'forced' the decision or persuaded the team. Good decision nonetheless. Parcells said Jerry was nice to work with and he had no problems with Jerry and Jerry did not micromanage anything.

I have seen no evidence of Jerry 'forcing' Kellen Moore on McCarthy. Based on the first 6 weeks of this defense though, I would not mind if Jerry 'forced' Nolan out the door.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, but everyone knew Jerry wanted to retain Moore. I’d imagine the fact McCarthy accepted Moore help seal the deal with Jerry.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OIP.0-ES6jSQf94u9ozTCDCZGQHaFL