Jerry says he hasn't given up on Earl Thomas deal

Loso86

Reaction score
Is this a serious post? He's shown up Steven because his job is Director of Player Personnel. He's shown up his new HC because his job is to evaluate the teams needs and establish himself as the last word on who sees the field. And honestly, this really should not have to be explained. How can you not understand this or see this?
My point is has anybody come out and said no we are not going to sign ET...no hes shown up nobody un this instance. Now if HC and stephen come out and say no we dont want him were going in a different direction THEN Jerry says its my decision so we may or may not sign him THEN hes down them up

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
My point is has anybody come out and said no we are not going to sign ET...no hes shown up nobody un this instance. Now if HC and stephen come out and say no we dont want him were going in a different direction THEN Jerry says its my decision so we may or may not sign him THEN hes down them up

That my be your point, that's not, nor was it ever mine.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Current situation at the Star...
image11.jpeg

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry needs to check his ego at the door and let the football people he has hired to make these football decisions(mainly McCarthy).
Joe that sounds like a great book title explaining the last qtr of a century! Subtitled “Why Jerry Jones needs to stay on his yacht”.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Former first round pick in 2014 now on his 4th team. There are reasons for that.

watched a video talking about Dix stinking it up. Doesn't sound adequate as a starter. This is always the fun of free agency. Many don't pan out.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Like many others that post here, Jerry has a dream that ET is something he no longer is. It explains why they all refuse to give up on the idea of ET becoming a Cowboy. It's a nice fantasy.

Jipper

Reaction score
Like many others that post here, Jerry has a dream that ET is something he no longer is. It explains why they all refuse to give up on the idea of ET becoming a Cowboy. It's a nice fantasy.

yeah....same is true with a lot of big FA names....what i am still wondering is what exactly ET is now and how he compares to what we have ...i honestly dont know that any of us can answer that...

One would think that Jerry would be getting the right info from both scouts and coaches to be able to make the comparison himself and im guessing what they are saying is that what we currerently have has a better combination of value and lack of hassles than signing him would have...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
yeah....same is true with a lot of big FA names....what i am still wondering is what exactly ET is now and how he compares to what we have ...i honestly dont know that any of us can answer that...

One would think that Jerry would be getting the right info from both scouts and coaches to be able to make the comparison himself and im guessing what they are saying is that what we currerently have has a better combination of value and lack of hassles than signing him would have...
That certainly may be the case here. But it's no great puzzle to decypher who ET is now. Just ask the Ravens, they will spill the beans. His release says all we need to know. He is no longer a viable teammate.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only difference is when he meddled with Garrett he folded like a cheap suit. With McCarthy there is some pushback.

Is that what you think? Based on all the pushback you’re fantasizing about? Or are you thinking about when we broke the bank for Thomas under Garrett when he was publicly lobbying for us to go and get him?

Neither of us has any real idea how those discussions went, under Garrett or now under McCarty. What I think we do know is that this is Jerry’s team, and he has final say. You can pretend the new HC is pushing back hard all you want. At the end of the day, if Jerry wants it, it doesn’t matter and the HC will “fold like a cheap suit”.

The issue in Dallas since 1995 hasn’t generally been coaching. I don’t know what it will take for some of you to finally recognize that simple fact.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Is that what you think? Based on all the pushback you’re fantasizing about? Or are you thinking about when we broke the bank for Thomas under Garrett when he was publicly lobbying for us to go and get him?

Neither of us has any real idea how those discussions went, under Garrett or now under McCarty. What I think we do know is that this is Jerry’s team, and he has final say. You can pretend the new HC is pushing back hard all you want. At the end of the day, if Jerry wants it, it doesn’t matter and the HC will “fold like a cheap suit”.

The issue in Dallas since 1995 hasn’t generally been coaching. I don’t know what it will take for some of you to finally recognize that simple fact.
Watching the team Garrett failed with make the playoffs and perform consistently due to coaching.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
come on, if you are being honest with yourself then you would agree that Mike has said enough that if Jerry were to sign Earl now, it would be totally a Jerry Jones move. Even if Mike said he is good with it, that is probably because Jerry condition him to agree. Not saying Mike couldn't change his mind and want to try Earl out, but it would be because Jerry had to work him into it.