Jerry says it's gonna be a challenge to keep Dez and Demarco

cej757

Reaction score
Jerry Jones: "It's going to be a challenge" to bring back Dez & DeMarco. From dollar & cents standpoint, it probably doesn't look reasonable

1:55 PM - 15 Jan 2015

I think Jerry is getting it in the fans mind now to not expect Murray back next season. It kind of reminds me of last year when he threw out the possibility of not keeping Ware. I hate that we have to lose the guy but it is what it is I guess.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Is what it is as long as his replacement doesn't take us backwards. I doubt the next starter is on the roster.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I am sure that the little napoleon, Dan Snyder, already has a check made payable to Demarco Murray. If Murray becomes a free agent I have no doubt Snyder will try to sign him. He went after Ware and Hatcher both last year.
Jerry Jones: "It's going to be a challenge" to bring back Dez & DeMarco. From dollar & cents standpoint, it probably doesn't look reasonable

I think Jerry is getting it in the fans mind now to not expect Murray back next season. It kind of reminds me of last year when he threw out the possibility of not keeping Ware. I hate that we have to lose the guy but it is what it is I guess.

Carolina Cowboy

Reaction score
This will be a huge suckfest. I know all of the RB age issues and what the point of diminishing returns involves. What can't be replaced and what will be sooooo disappointing if DeMo is leaving will entail is the change in chemistry and the willingness of he and the team down the stretch to do anything to help the team win. That inner behavior isn't coached, or taught (just MHO). It's either in you from your parents, or not. It will also be a shame if the "big" 3 unit from 2014 doesn't get another shot. Yeah, I would hate it.

Danger

Reaction score
Thank the NFL. They get what they want. A different team doing well every year and once-perennial winners like the Cowboys scrambling along with the rest of them. I HATE the SALARY cap and parity.

NFL would be the NBA without parity. Same teams going to the playoffs. No surprises. Boring...

BlueStar22

Reaction score
We probably only have 2 or 3 good years with Romo, to me that's win now mode. DeMarco probably has 2 productive years in him. I'm for signing him. I have no faith in what we have here. Do we all think Randle or any one in the draft can carry the load next year like DeMarco did or would we go back to committee? That's what I don't want. I think when we step back and truly look at what #28 did this year, it's hard to see us with him NEXT YEAR. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the division rivals in New York or DC took a run at him.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am sure that the little napoleon, Dan Snyder, already has a check made payable to Demarco Murray. If Murray becomes a free agent I have no doubt Snyder will try to sign him. He went after Ware and Hatcher both last year.

They have Alfred Morris under contract next year and he has 4,000 yard rushing in 3 years himself. This would literally make zero sense for them with all the holes they have. Ware and Hatcher play a position that was a need for them last year. The Commanders have made many bad decisions player wise, I grant you that, but really? You think all he does is sit around and wait for Cowboys to hit free agency with zero regard to cap or team needs?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
They have Alfred Morris under contract next year and he has 4,000 yard rushing in 3 years himself. This would literally make zero sense for them with all the holes they have. Ware and Hatcher play a position that was a need for them last year. The Commanders have made many bad decisions player wise, I grant you that, but really? You think all he does is sit around and wait for Cowboys to hit free agency with zero regard to cap or team needs?

Answer to that is YES. Including coaches too.

brymatt94

Reaction score
The way I see it, with this line someone like Randle will get maybe 1100-1200 yards a year with Dunbar having about 300. With someone like Demarco, well he hit 1800 and that won't happen again but he can get about 1500. That's the difference to me.

rcaldw

Reaction score
What is woefully underestimated by fans, and I fear by ownership, is that Demarco Murray has a gift for getting tough yards. He has his drawbacks, as everyone does, but don't take for granted some of those runs that looked like they were totally bottled up and he somehow knifed his way through.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

Dallas offered a contract to Murray. They can keep them both but its not going to be for the money Murray might want. Gotta hate what the NFL has turned into with the rules and the want for a air it out league. In what logical frame of mind is it ok for a player that gets 497 touches in a yr to take 1/3 of the yearly salary of a guy getting 94. But thats todays nfl.