Jerry says it's gonna be a challenge to keep Dez and Demarco

S4 DGMS

Reaction score
I have my reasons for believing he will be our pick at 27, and they are good reasons. Has to do with how free agency is going to play out,...players the Cowboys will be signing from other teams.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they let Murray go. They draft a back and they let that back and the others on the team fight it out to see who is the starter.

Something to keep in mind here.

If they are saying they don't have the money for Murray and Dez (which is basically what they are saying)...that probably rules out Adrian Peterson as well as he will not decide to come play for cheap.

Look for the draft, the current RBs on the roster or maybe a cheaper FA.

Personally...I think we can get a decent one in the draft.

S4 DGMS

Reaction score
Not only is Gordon a highly explosive back in the Jamal Charles mode, he is also a rugged runner who is very hard to bring down. Guy is built......benches around 525 pounds or so. Decent size with room to grow. Excellent acceleration. One cut and its BYE BYE BALBONI>>>>>>>>>>> gone!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This quote tells me the Cowboys already know he's not coming back and they don't plan to make a real push to keep him.

Which would tell me we've made progress in the front office because in the past we'd move mountains to over spend on a RB who will never live up to the contract.

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
I have my reasons for believing he will be our pick at 27, and they are good reasons. Has to do with how free agency is going to play out,...players the Cowboys will be signing from other teams.

Drafting a running back in the first round would be almost as bad as re-signing Murray.

S4 DGMS

Reaction score
Drafting a running back in the first round would be almost as bad as re-signing Murray.

Look for us the be somewhat active in Free agency this offseason. You do this when you are CLOSE,...which we are. This will leave our 1st round pick open to fill th glaring hole created when Murrey leaves. Oh sure,...were gonna draft some defense as well,...but were not going into next season with Randal as our number 1 back. Joe is a VERY solid number 2, we have something there with him. He can even start a game or two here and there due to injury if he has to. I would actually look for his work load to increase next season,....not a ton... But some.

Like I posted earlier,... Gordon will add a whole nuther element to our offense. He will make our passing game that much more effective and in turn our passing game will make him that much more effective. He will be the number 4 hitter in the lineup that every great team NEEDS. A threat to leg out a homerun every time he touches the ball.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Not only is Gordon a highly explosive back in the Jamal Charles mode, he is also a rugged runner who is very hard to bring down. Guy is built......benches around 525 pounds or so. Decent size with room to grow. Excellent acceleration. One cut and its BYE BYE BALBONI>>>>>>>>>>> gone!

Really like Murray, but long for a Dorsett type burst through the line coupled with ability to block when needed.

Gordon if he fits that may be Jason Landrys pick..,

JJ thinks JG is his TL so that may be where we are heading whether it's Hordon or a similar back

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they let Murray go. They draft a back and they let that back and the others on the team fight it out to see who is the starter.

Something to keep in mind here.

If they are saying they don't have the money for Murray and Dez (which is basically what they are saying)...that probably rules out Adrian Peterson as well as he will not decide to come play for cheap.

Look for the draft, the current RBs on the roster or maybe a cheaper FA.

Personally...I think we can get a decent one in the draft.

Good point about AP. I also say, draft a RB, Randle, Williams, battle it out. Unless that draft pick is a high one, then they would count on him winning it.
I think any FA worth any thing, would demand high $$$. But on the other hand, they may go lower, knowing they will get carries. And use that to get a better contract later.

This also could be a Jerryism...ploy to get him to settle for less. Or the offer they made him earlier.

spook930

Reaction score
With them singing Williams I can't see us going RB high in the draft.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree with Jerry it will be a challenge and much of it will come down to Murray willing to take less, I do think the Cowboys will make a better offer than their last one beyond that I think the ball will be in Murray court of what he wants to do.

DFWJC

Reaction score
After all the years of being behind the cap, Dallas has finally begun to get it.

Lately, they've had better drafting and better cap management. We'll see if it continues.