Jerry says it's gonna be a challenge to keep Dez and Demarco

cej757

Reaction score
Don't be surprised if the Cowboys sign someone like CJ Spiller. He's the type of back that Garrett would like, plus you could get him a lot cheaper than Demarco's price tag.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
There is more than enough money and cap space to sign Dez and Murray to reasonable deals. The only problem is finding out was is reasonable to Dez and Murray. Dez can be tagged for one more year at least.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Most likely going to save money and go running back by committee next year. Which is fine with me.

popp1234

Reaction score
They have Alfred Morris under contract next year and he has 4,000 yard rushing in 3 years himself. This would literally make zero sense for them with all the holes they have. Ware and Hatcher play a position that was a need for them last year. The Commanders have made many bad decisions player wise, I grant you that, but really? You think all he does is sit around and wait for Cowboys to hit free agency with zero regard to cap or team needs?

That's precisely why Danny would do it.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Murray is gone and we won't even SNIFF Suh.​

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The main thing that scares me about keeping Murray is the amount of touches he had this year. History shows the next year running backs don't do well after that workload. I think that was all well thought out and known by Garrett. I feel the plan likely was to max him out and move on. Business decision.

Fredd

Reaction score
traditionally, in the past, if JJ had said something like this, myself and MANY others in here would crucify him for talking too much....but, since things went well this year, we don't say anything....IMO, this is one of those shots across the bow comments to warn the fans....I can live with comments like these and those he made regarding Carr...JJ is garnering fan support for when the hard decisions are made

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
JJ signs Williams to a 2 year deal then says this about Murray, you can read the tea leaves.

superonyx

Reaction score
The NFL needs to have a different salary cap rule for players you drafted. I understand how it is with veterans but when you drafted and developed a young player you should get salary cap relief when that player develops into a star. The system now sucks.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
The NFL needs to have a different salary cap rule for players you drafted. I understand how it is with veterans but when you drafted and developed a young player you should get salary cap relief when that player develops into a star. The system now sucks.

yup...if you drafted and developed, you should always have some form of restricted rights

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think demarco Murray will be gone and I do think his replacement is on this team. We need defense in draft, if we go after anybody on offense it would be a move up to grab Romos future replacement

S4 DGMS

Reaction score
Everyone will be feeling pretty giddy when MG3 is high stepping into an opponents endzone for us next season. As much as I like Demarco,....MG3 does things that Murrey can only dream about. Will add a whole nuther layer of explosiveness to our offense.

UW had the worst passing offense Ive seen them roll out in about 20 years last season. Primitive doesnt even begin to describe it. MG3 was running against 8 and 9 man fronts every game all season long with no passing game whatsoever to keep the defense honest. Now..... imagine what its going to be like running behind our offensive line in our scheme with the type of passing game we can roll out. EXPECT BIG THINGS!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
https://lh4.***BROKEN***/-Msgfehe8T5k/VLXVQvNgkKI/AAAAAAABxnI/Ip2uG0qwWsk/s173-p/murray-blasts-dl-12292013.gif https://lh4.***BROKEN***/-mKToFVP-1KY/VLXVLiWQGkI/AAAAAAABxnA/DqMBoJeyY74/w172-h173-p/original.gif

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if the Cowboys sign someone like CJ Spiller. He's the type of back that Garrett would like, plus you could get him a lot cheaper than Demarco's price tag.

Exactly what has Garrett said/done that suggest the Spiller is the type of back he would like vs a different type of back?