Jerry Says "No Urgency To Add A WR To The Roster"

Reaction score
No depth at WR, swing tackles are inexperienced, LB depth is thin, kickers are terrible. What could go wrong

given that list of obvious areas they've chosen to leave "as-is" makes me think they're just mailing it in this year. They know that a playoff appearance is the best they can hope for and the crappy division they're in assures they'll be in playoff contention throughout the year. Why scramble around and burn cap money just to eek out a couple more regular season wins then one and done in the playoffs?

Last edited:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
We'll wait until the season is a few weeks old.
a91987418a7a982ca6dee189b78643dc

Well, sometimes you just have to see and find out what you have and if we see that something makes sense, we have the ability to do some things. You see, talent acquisition never stops. It is 365 days a year.

Trajan

Reaction score
Jerruh is awesome ! He dumped Coop, had no real plan moving forward, now his ego won’t let him try to sign a vet, would be an admittance he was wrong (which he normally is).

going to be a really long season.

Carson

Reaction score
You understand an extra win or two could make/break the season for us?
Sorry I explained that wrong.

I simply meant, losing James Washington is not going to be the reason this team makes or misses the playoffs.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Jerruh is awesome ! He dumped Coop, had no real plan moving forward, now his ego won’t let him try to sign a vet, would be an admittance he was wrong (which he normally is).

going to be a really long season.
How about we let them get through a week of camp before we start jumping off cliffs. Let’s see what we got before freaking out. Moore needs to utilize all the talent Scheme changes , mismatches with moving guys around in formation. Exploiting weakness by forcing matchup problems. These are ways to overcome losing some china doll. And don’t think player personnel / Mclay isn’t on it as we speak.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No depth at WR, swing tackles are inexperienced, LB depth is thin, kickers are terrible. What could go wrong
What could go wrong is those perceptions are accepted as reality. All these concerns can work themselves out without bringing in outside help. So I guess for the moment, I agree with Jerry to hold off on spending money to bring in more players. That time may come but we aren't there yet.

Trajan

Reaction score
How about we let them get through a week of camp before we start jumping off cliffs. Let’s see what we got before freaking out. Moore needs to utilize all the talent Scheme changes , mismatches with moving guys around in formation. Exploiting weakness by forcing matchup problems. These are ways to overcome losing some china doll. And don’t think player personnel / Mclay isn’t on it as we speak.

Not freaking out. Its par for the course with this owner, and pretty much expected. Sure, maybe we have the next Irvin on the team, hiding somewhere, but I doubt it. The problem is the owner has no strategic vision, just follows his gut, and now we have an almost completely unproven WR corp.