Jerry Says "No Urgency To Add A WR To The Roster"

bigE79

Reaction score
Jerruh is awesome ! He dumped Coop, had no real plan moving forward, now his ego won’t let him try to sign a vet, would be an admittance he was wrong (which he normally is).

going to be a really long season.
Remember 2018?,look for a repeat.

Mannix

Reaction score
------How about we let them get through a week of camp before we start jumping off cliffs. Let’s see what we got before freaking out. Moore needs to utilize all the talent Scheme changes , mismatches with moving guys around in formation. Exploiting weakness by forcing matchup problems.

If you were trying to quell my fears, I am afraid it had the opposite effect.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
"How to Destroy A Great WR Corps In Just One Offseason", by Jerry Jones, is now an Amazon best-seller; reserve your copy now!

stuckindc

Reaction score
Not freaking out. Its par for the course with this owner, and pretty much expected. Sure, maybe we have the next Irvin on the team, hiding somewhere, but I doubt it. The problem is the owner has no strategic vision, just follows his gut, and now we have an almost completely unproven WR corp.
I know. I was being a bit melo dramatic. We have a long way to go. Lots of things can happen. Good and bad. But I feel ya on the par for the corse. Keep an eye on Tolbert. If he can be effective , we’ll be good till Gallup gets back. Pollard !!! We got the horses. Just need to use them the right way

stuckindc

Reaction score
------How about we let them get through a week of camp before we start jumping off cliffs. Let’s see what we got before freaking out. Moore needs to utilize all the talent Scheme changes , mismatches with moving guys around in formation. Exploiting weakness by forcing matchup problems.

If you were trying to quell my fears, I am afraid it had the opposite effect.
Long way to go my friend

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
1. Today is August 2nd. Season start over a month away.
2. Cowboys have 11, count 'em, 11 wide receivers on the roster. Sure, most are rookies or otherwise inexperienced, but how do you get experience if you don't get to play? Cole Beasley, and other vets, are available. It's not like there is nobody out there the Cowboys can get.
3. On most teams there are only two top receivers, the rest are average to a bit above average, with Lamb and Gallup (who apparently will miss maybe 2 of 17 games) are top receivers. Brown is a solid vet, Vasher has already shown good hands, etc. It's not like Dallas is devoid of quality receivers.

Why do we go through this every year, people panic as soon as one bad thing happens?

Too many Chicken Littles around...

I don't see any reason to panic, but I also don't see any problem with adding a Fuller, Hilton or Beasley before other teams have a need and do it. There are plenty of balls to go round in the preseason, so there's nothing prohibiting the players we've got from beating out the veteran who is brought in. I'm always a big believer in contingency plans and right now, we don't have a good one for if these young receivers aren't up to the task.

Sydla

Reaction score
1. Today is August 2nd. Season start over a month away.
2. Cowboys have 11, count 'em, 11 wide receivers on the roster. Sure, most are rookies or otherwise inexperienced, but how do you get experience if you don't get to play? Cole Beasley, and other vets, are available. It's not like there is nobody out there the Cowboys can get.
3. On most teams there are only two top receivers, the rest are average to a bit above average, with Lamb and Gallup (who apparently will miss maybe 2 of 17 games) are top receivers. Brown is a solid vet, Vasher has already shown good hands, etc. It's not like Dallas is devoid of quality receivers.

Why do we go through this every year, people panic as soon as one bad thing happens?

Too many Chicken Littles around...

LOL, is #2 a version of “progress stopper”?

I think people are right to question what the Cowboys are doing at WR right now. It would be ridiculous to start the season with Lamb, Tolbert and a bunch of JAGs.

Claiming everything is OK because we have 11 WRs on the roster is hilarious. Because at least 9 of them are total JAGs.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Rumor has it they are looking to trade for a WR. Likely Cedric Wilson. Miami needs draft picks and has WRs, Dallas needs WR.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
There goes that!

lol and the great jerry j speaks! we like our guys!! we hand picked these guys, and we like them!
I mean just look at what "their guys" did in the wc playoff game last year!!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
No depth at WR, swing tackles are inexperienced, LB depth is thin, kickers are terrible. What could go wrong

Lots of veteran WRs on the back end of their careers but with tread left become cap casualties toward the end of camp when some shiny young thing catches a coach's eye. They can often be had for a stick of gum. One of the better bargains to be had.

817Gill

Reaction score
Or maybe the team wants to use the training camp to see what it's young players can do. Because Vets
1) don't want to be in training camp
2) are more then capable enough of stepping in after camp and doing just fine.
Logic!

9of11

Reaction score
Another wide receiver by committee approach…it went bad last time…I don’t have faith it will be good this time…

plymkr

Reaction score
I really think they start 2-3. But will finish strong when Gallup returns and the schedule becomes more manageable
I can see that and I can the this melting down if we start slow. But with Gallup coming back and rookies getting their feet wet and used to the speed of the game can all come together for a late season playoff push.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
There goes that!

Sod.
Next time I see Jerry at Jerry's Supermarket Inc. I will tell him the reality.
Lost/spurned our No. 1 WR.
Healing time for gallup
Untested younger WRs
Or maybe the team wants to use the training camp to see what it's young players can do. Because Vets
1) don't want to be in training camp
2) are more then capable enough of stepping in after camp and doing just fine.

I want to see the rooks all the time, highlights and lowlights!
I want to see heart and 100% motors of passion. (I should trademark tha.)
Then, me yahoos, we can get past the 1st round of tha playoffs!

I am all atwitter at awaiting Sept.