Jerry Says "No Urgency To Add A WR To The Roster"

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I mean if they were high draft picks, it may be different.

But Houston is an UDFA, Vasher is an UDFA who missed last season. So it’s a steep steep learning curve. Going from UDFA to starting week 1 is a massive jump.

With Lamb, it makes it serviceable. We are an injury away from 2018 level of depth

Anyone that would lose their #1 would be screwed. The fact is that some dont know these guys, which makes them worried. They have all looked good. I like young players. Tolbert looking great also. Dak will get them the ball. Line just has to block.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
1. Today is August 2nd. Season start over a month away.
2. Cowboys have 11, count 'em, 11 wide receivers on the roster. Sure, most are rookies or otherwise inexperienced, but how do you get experience if you don't get to play? Cole Beasley, and other vets, are available. It's not like there is nobody out there the Cowboys can get.
3. On most teams there are only two top receivers, the rest are average to a bit above average, with Lamb and Gallup (who apparently will miss maybe 2 of 17 games) are top receivers. Brown is a solid vet, Vasher has already shown good hands, etc. It's not like Dallas is devoid of quality receivers.

Why do we go through this every year, people panic as soon as one bad thing happens?

Too many Chicken Littles around...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Whoa, that Jerry guy is a cool dude -- he doesn't worry about crap 'til he steps in it . . .:grin: :rolleyes: :omg: :cool:

Last edited:

Carson

Reaction score
Depleted offensive line with a struggling run game and no wr depth early on is gonna be tough to overcome.
I really think they start 2-3. But will finish strong when Gallup returns and the schedule becomes more manageable

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Code for “I don’t want to dip into Little Enos’ allowance.

kumizi

Reaction score
Or maybe the team wants to use the training camp to see what it's young players can do. Because Vets
1) don't want to be in training camp
2) are more then capable enough of stepping in after camp and doing just fine.
I wish I was as optimistic as you. Looks to me like they don’t want to spend the money.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jerry will wait until the team digs themselves a hole the first half of the season like they did in 2018.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Jerry should have just said "It is what it is." No one out there who will save us right now. Just going to have to play through Gallup and Washington out to begin the year. Hopefully rest of the offense stays healthy.

cowboyec

Reaction score
its a deep group...numbers wise...so there shouldn't be.
why keep noah brown or tj vasher or fehoko around if not for reasons like this.
if they don't step up then you make a roster move.

JayFord

Reaction score
Not saying hes wrong because hes not

but sometimes its ok to look at your team vs whos available and say we need another WR

cowboyec

Reaction score
theres 10 healthy receivers....6 or 7 spots on the 53...and we haven't started pre-season yet.
he's not wrong.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Man..... This is gonna be a long bad year. :(

LOL.........why because some cry baby starts crying and you believe him? Here is the actual current reality of our young receivers.

Dennis Houston, another UDFA, seems to have formed an early connection with Prescott. Two receivers, both questionable to make the final 53-man, looked solid while everyone panics about WR depth.

Jalen Tolbert hauled in a deep ball from Dak, and Dalton Schultz capped off a “mojo moment” with a touchdown catch while two seconds expired off the clock. So, it was a solid outing all around from a position group that is now in question.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Relax. He's got this.
He has been there before.

This whole clown show at the WR position right now just reeks of 2018. Once they realized their arrogance about their own team wore off, the trade for Cooper was necessary.

This time, we again think we are clever and overrate, in a severe way, the likes of Brown, Fehoko, Vasher and even the USFL dwarf.

And it will literally take getting kicked in the teeth to motivate them.