Twitter: Jerry says Quinn turned down a HC offer to remain here

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Fact........giving Q an extension won't stop offers again this time next year. Certainly could be some attractive opening ( Seattle, Panthers, Cards, Chargers are my early fav of 2022 coaches have to win big).

Also, just curious how many years were added to Quinn extension. He was just hired and coordinators typically get a 3-year contract ( HC, 5-years, positional coaches 2-years ). Jerry didn't say how many years were added but the math makes this interesting relative to MM contract. In other words, unless there's some we don't know, MM signed a 5 year deal meaning he has 2 years left. If he extended Quinn's current 3-year deal, is MM now signed for less years? Can't say for certain but it sure seems that way.......

Note the tweet is Quinn original contract signed in Jan 2021

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pure speculative . But from other reports it’s believed Quinn wanted the Denver job and when it fell thru opted to remain in Dallas another year.
Yep, Booger is making a claim that is unprovable because neither Quinn not that team would talk.

If this were any other owner, I would think he's trying to save Quinn some loss of face after being on so many lists and getting no offers but since it is Booger, it's all about him trying to make it look like coaches are fortunate to work for lesser jobs under him.

I think you are correct, next to the SEA job, DEN was what he wanted. I still think he's set on the SEA job and Carroll is definitely on the hot seat as the only West team not in the playoffs.

I think Quinn is going to be unhappy during the FA signings and the draft when he sees the Cowboys revert back to their old ways of selecting offense. I wonder if he thinks about what this job would have been like had they scored either of those CB's and not fallen back on Parsons? I wonder if he thinks that they were willing to risk losing him by playing games?

Regardless of the truth, we are lucky to have a DC as good as Quinn when you look at the recent history.

links18

Reaction score
Well, I guess we know who Jerry wants the next Head Coach will be, when McCarthy inevitably gets the axe.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Oh no don't try it,you don't know who he turned down, You don't know if he turned down Denver, As Jerry said they had to convince him. So that says he was interested in a job and turned it down. They extended him, which means the gave him more money.

man. I’m done arguing with you- this is embarrassing for you. We do KNOW who he turned down.....he literally came back to Dallas with 3 open jobs that he interviewed for still open. That’s saying “I’m not interested in coaching there” otherwise you don’t withdraw tour name from an open Job that you want.

he literally did the same thing with jax- said “no no thank you” and didn’t even interview. He did interview for those other 3 ( Miami Minnesota New York) and then withdrew his name before those jobs were filled.

this is simple stuff man. Sorry you don’t get it. All good.

lqmac1

Reaction score
I think it was Denver. I believe that he informed them yesterday morning that he was staying and that’s why they were quick to name Hackett so they wouldn’t lose out on him, as well.

Dre11

Reaction score
man. I’m done arguing with you- this is embarrassing for you. We do KNOW who he turned down.....he literally came back to Dallas with 3 open jobs that he interviewed for still open. That’s saying “I’m not interested in coaching there” otherwise you don’t withdraw tour name from an open Job that you want.

he literally did the same thing with jax- said “no no thank you” and didn’t even interview. He did interview for those other 3 ( Miami Minnesota New York) and then withdrew his name before those jobs were filled.

this is simple stuff man. Sorry you don’t get it. All good.

Lol...you don't know who he turned down are you this freaking dumb, he could of turned down any of the jobs he interviewed. At first you tried to claim he came back because he didn't get the job he wanted. Which you have no idea, for all you know, he was interested in all the jobs he interviewed for. And turned them all down,

My point this whole time is you dont know , and you claiming you do. YOU WOULD BE THE ONLY ONE.......LOL it's all speculation,

Last edited:

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Lol...you don't know who he turned down are you this freaking dumb, he could of turned down any of the jobs he interviewed. At first you tried to claim he came back because he didn't get the job he wanted. Which you have no idea, for all you know, he was interested in all the jobs he interviewed for. And turned them all down,

My point this whole time is you dont know , and you claiming you do. YOU WOULD BE THE ONLY ONE.......LOL

Dude. Last reply for you......think logically ( I know a stretch). He pulled his name from consideration from 3 jobs he interviewed for? that’s actually facts. Those jobs are still open. If he interviewed there then there was interest from both sides. If you want a job you don’t pull your name from consideration while the job is open.

this is so dumb. How don’t you see this ? Did he interview for Miami New York and Minnesota? Yes. Were they open yesterday when he announced he’s coming back to Dallas? Yes. “Yes I want the job so bad that I am returning to my current job”.

What kind of moron withdraws from 3 open jobs he’s considered for if he wants them so bad? So effectively him pulling his name out of the running - he turned those opportunities down

lqmac1

Reaction score
Funny how all you hear on this site is how coaches wouldn’t want to come here because of Jerry, yet that’s never occurred in the history of his ownership. He got Parcells to come out of retirement which is the epitome of a coach to decline working for Jerry, but he didn’t.

Instead, we continuously get coordinators to turn down head coaching gigs to remain in Dallas and working for Jerry.

At what point are y’all going to give up this made up notion that has never existed?

Dre11

Reaction score
Dude. Last reply for you......think logically ( I know a stretch). He pulled his name from consideration from 3 jobs he interviewed for? that’s actually facts. Those jobs are still open. If he interviewed there then there was interest from both sides. If you want a job you don’t pull your name from consideration while the job is open.

this is so dumb. How don’t you see this ? Did he interview for Miami New York and Minnesota? Yes. Were they open yesterday when he announced he’s coming back to Dallas? Yes. “Yes I want the job so bad that I am returning to my current job”.

What kind of moron withdraws from 3 open jobs he’s considered for if he wants them so bad? So effectively him pulling his name out of the running - he turned those opportunities down

Are you this f'ing stupid, Jerry just told you they convinced him to come back, Jerry extending him and giving him more money is more likely the reason he's back, you're assuming Denver and Chicago was his top choices. Which nobody knows because he never said a thing about it.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Are you this f'ing stupid, Jerry just told you they convinced him to come back, Jerry extending him and giving him more money is more likely the reason he's back, you're assuming Denver and Chicago was his top choices. Which nobody knows because he never said a thing about it.

By him returning what does that signal to the other teams that were still open and interested in him? I’ll let you answer. 3 remaining jobs that he interviewed for and he said I’m going back to Dallas. What’s the message to the other teams? What’s that telling them ?

kevm3

Reaction score
If the defense performs well again, they don't get to a superbowl, I'm highly sure Quinn will be our next HC