Jerry says today "We will welcome back Pacman Jones"

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
At least that's what 103.3 is reporting Jerry said today -- that if Adam does all the things the commissioner wants and is reinstated, he'll be more than welcome at Valley Ranch.

Even from Jerry, this surprises me. Why do we want or need this guy? You couldn't ask for more from our two rookie corners, and Newman is coming back. Even Alan Ball played well in his one opportunity. Beyond the obvious embarrassment and bad publicity he creates, why do we even need him on the field?

BTW, Mosley says there's not one coach who agrees with Jerry on this.

CoCo

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2416414 said:
At least that's what 103.3 is reporting Jerry said today -- that if Adam does all the things the commissioner wants and is reinstated, he'll be more than welcome at Valley Ranch.

Even from Jerry, this surprises me. Why do we want or need this guy? You couldn't ask for more from our two rookie corners, and Newman is coming back. Even Alan Ball played well in his one opportunity. Beyond the obvious embarrassment and bad publicity he creates, why do we even need him on the field?

I can't say I'm surprised by Jerry's answer.

And I'm skeptical of Mosley's representation.

But I do expect this to set off another firestorm on this board... (sigh)

links18

Reaction score

Because Jerry connects emotionally with certain players--particularly those who he feels are his own personal "projects." PacMan is that player.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
CoCo;2416419 said:

And that's not my intention... I don't really care much about Pacman, and I don't think he'll make any difference on the field.

I guess I'm just surprised... Even though knowing Jerry, I shouldn't be.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
CoCo;2416419 said:

which is exactly what it is designed to do

everything is going as planned! *Mosley with his Mr. Burns hands*

:eek:hboy:

dallas_112678

Reaction score

Even from Jerry, this surprises me. Why do we want or need this guy? You couldn't ask for more from our two rookie corners, and Newman is coming back. Even Alan Ball played well in his one opportunity. Beyond the obvious embarrassment and bad publicity, why do we even need him on the field?

Im not surprised Jerry did this. First of all Pacman was one of the only one's who seemed like he was giving his all when he was playing. Also our 2 rookies have great potential, but they are still rookies. They lack the experience. Pac actually has the experience and he will be back to the way he played in Tennessee before the rooks get to their potential. Also i think Pac was our best corner in making plays this year even when Newman was in. Also i think Jerry somewhat feels bad for the guy, i mean if football is taken away from him then hell things would only get way worse. That last sentence wasnt meant to make an excuse for Pac's stupid behavior, im just saying.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Jerry Doesnt like to admit mistakes and he has to learn the hard way.

Even then he wont admit mistakes.

Oh well, I am terrified what will happen to this organization in the offseason.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
It's news that Jerry can't help himself? Or that he's turned the team into a mercenary outfit?

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I really hoped the whole Pac-Man thing would work out , and felt like he could be a game changer . Now...I'm just ready to move on and quit hearing his name . It was worth a try , but no more good is going to come out of it !

thewireman

Reaction score
They also said Jerry had a catered cart near the practice field for the sponsors to eat and watch practice. Is this standard for any team or is it a Jerry Jones thing

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
thewireman;2416437 said:
They also said Jerry had a catered cart near the practice field for the sponsors to eat and watch practice. Is this standard for any team or is it a Jerry Jones thing

is anything under Jerry's watch standard?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score

I'll believe it when I see it.

Personally I dont think we need to worry about it because I seriously doubt Goodell lets him back this yr, and if not - good riddance

Jones was a bust on and off the field for us.

thewireman

Reaction score
xWraithx;2416442 said:
is anything under Jerry's watch standard?

Not at all

They were making fun of it on the radio saying could you see any other organization having catered food on the field while the team is practicing for a season breaking game

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2416445 said:
I'll believe it when I see it.

Personally I dont think we need to worry about it because I seriously doubt Goodell lets him back this yr, and if not - good riddance

Jones was a bust on and off the field for us.

Wrong.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
theebs;2416427 said:
Jerry Doesnt like to admit mistakes and he has to learn the hard way.

Even then he wont admit mistakes.

Oh well, I am terrified what will happen to this organization in the offseason.
Jerry running amok. My worst nightmare.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
dallas_112678;2416425 said:
Im not surprised Jerry did this. First of all Pacman was one of the only one's who seemed like he was giving his all when he was playing

His all wasnt very good though, he got beat pretty regularly. And as a punt returner he was lousy. Crayton has been better than he was.

Also our 2 rookies have great potential, but they are still rookies. They lack the experience.

they might be rookies, but both have betetr cover skills at this point that Jones has. Both have been better at CB IMO.

Pac actually has the experience and he will be back to the way he played in Tennessee before the rooks get to their potential.

No he wont. He wasnt good before the suspension, he certainly isnt going to stroll in after another 4 wek+ layoff and be good either.

Also i think Pac was our best corner in making plays this year even when Newman was in.

Jones was better than henry, butt hats about it. Newman is eons a better cover CB than Jones is. Jenkins and Scandrick have also been better.

I think all of us were hoping for the best when we got this guy, but he was a bust. We need to move on.

jimmy40

Reaction score

Did he say how many babysitters Pacman will have this time around? 8? 10? 24? One for each hour of the day? Please don't reinstate this guy Goodell.

Mansta54

Reaction score
I'd luv to have AJ back on the team and on the corner. He's a player and has attitude. I like that!!!!