Jerry says today "We will welcome back Pacman Jones"

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Mansta54;2416538 said:
Yes, I think it is. He was playing decent ball and with confidence. What's wrong with that?

Shoulda brought mah waders...........Gettin' deep. Real deep.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Seven;2416548 said:
Shoulda brought mah waders...........Gettin' deep. Real deep.

Yeah, maybe you should have. I'm sure you have them...

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
That's the problem when people say bringing in PacMan is a "no risk gamble". It's only no risk when the person doing the gambling goes into it with realistic expectations and can cut his losses when it blows up instead of continuing to sink resources into it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
InmanRoshi;2416551 said:
That's the problem when people say bringing in PacMan is a "no risk gamble". It's only no risk when the person doing the gambling goes into it with realistic expectations and can cut his losses when it blows up instead of continuing to sink resources into it.

Yeah but haven't the 'resources' already been put in?

At this point, there's even less risk than there was before.

The Cowboys have even gotten the picks back from the Titans at this point.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
stasheroo;2416557 said:
Yeah but haven't the 'resources' already been put in?

At this point, there's even less risk than there was before.

The Cowboys have even gotten the picks back from the Titans at this point.

There are other resources that have intangible qualities such a practice snaps. How much extra practice time and reps are going to be spent getting PacMan up to speed when he comes back. Who do those practice reps come at the expense of?

And speaking of intangibles, there are intangible liabilities to factor in as well, like how much of a media circus is this going to create. The Cowboys will (hopefully) be fighting for their playoff lives if/when PacMan comes off suspension ... is a 3 ring media circus really something need? I know some people like to believe that stuff has no effect on the team, but the Rams performance after a week of PacMan headlines would say otherwise.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
InmanRoshi;2416561 said:
There are other resources that have intangible qualities such a practice snaps. How much extra practice time and reps are going to be spent getting PacMan up to speed when he comes back. Who do those practice reps come at the expense of?

And speaking of intangibles, there are intangible liabilities to factor in as well, like how much of a media circus is this going to create. The Cowboys will (hopefully) be fighting for their playoff lives if/when PacMan comes off suspension ... is a 3 ring media circus really something need? I know some people like to believe that stuff has no effect on the team, but the Rams performance after a week of PacMan headlines would say otherwise.

I certainly can't dispute your points, despite the fact that there's no way of determining whether they're entirely accurate or not.

They might not matter at all, or they could have a big effect.

We simply have no way of knowing.

30yrheel

Reaction score
Mansta54;2416527 said:
This isn't true at all. He was playing the best of all our CB's...

well, newman was hurt, henry is washed up, and the rookies, who actually played well. i guess pac wasn't bad if we compare him to the others. but wasn't he brought in more for his game breaking punt and int. return ability?
which, he didn't do.

i don't want him back.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Jerry said that "WE Would CONSIDER, he said Consider, bringing him back, he did not give a definite answer.

Consider and yes we will welcome him back, has different meanings, one is means I have to think about it, the other is yes he is still a part of this team.

Who started this thread. Man, this reminds me of talking to a girlfriend years ago, A man can say to a woman, I think I may stop by, and she'll hear yes I'm coming.

I know that is off track, but this thread reminded me of a conversation in the Barbershop today about women.

To all the ladies that post in here, I mean no offense, I really love how women think, my wife constantly asks me what I'm laughing about whenever we have certain conversations, or have certain situations.

I enjoy being married and the things she says and do keeps me laughing, add that to the things the kids do and say, you can not get this at the movies.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
JFE is on Galloway's show and she said a source at VR told her that Pacman will not be reinstated.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Mickey basically said the same thing when he was suspended. People just automatically assumed it was a 4 week suspension. It's an indefinite suspension that will be reviewed after four weeks.

In other words, Goodell probably ordered PacMan to go to rehab for a month as a starting point and then they'll decide what the next course of action is after that.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2416608 said:
JFE is on Galloway's show and she said a source at VR told her that Pacman will not be reinstated.

Yeah, I heard that, too. Said this is just Jerry sounding benevolent because he knows Pac won't be back anyway.

I hope so, because I agree with IR. People say to just bring him back, what does it hurt... Well, it does hurt. It takes reps from these young corners who need them. It also brings more distraction and media circus that this team doesn't need.

Hopefully JFE is right.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I'm with Jerry. Bring Pacman back ASAP. I have a feeling Pacman will be back after the Wash game.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2416625 said:
if it positively gets Henry off the field, I'm all for it

Amen to that.

I cannot understand why Cowboy fans would root for Pac to fail. Last I checked, he was still on the roster, therefor, I will root for him to turn into one of the top corners in the league to shut up the stupid media that always looking for a nugget to dog the Cowboys. I hope Pac comes back and takes a few INT's to the house.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Hostile;2416515 said:
Told you so when he got suspended. I don't like Pacman, but I can truthfully tell you his teammates do and feel he got a raw deal.
are these the same guys that are bickering and point fingers at each other out on the field?

jimmy40

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2416624 said:
Mickey basically said the same thing when he was suspended. People just automatically assumed it was a 4 week suspension. It's an indefinite suspension that will be reviewed after four weeks.

In other words, Goodell probably ordered PacMan to go to rehab for a month as a starting point and then they'll decide what the next course of action is after that.
You'd think Pacman would have to prove he can stay out of trouble for a while before he gets reinstated.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Mansta54;2416538 said:
Yes, I think it is. He was playing decent ball and with confidence. What's wrong with that?

what were you watching? the guy got beat like a drum basically every week he was out there...his best play of the season was a forced fumble on a run play...

maybe he was just never in football shape or something, but he never once looked like a top flight CB while he was here, and the one thing I thought was a given he sucked at too (punt returns)...Newman, jenkins and Scandrick are all way better than Jones right now

fortunately we get something back for the waste of time