Jerry sending message to Zeke at PC

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's be honest.
I fully realize that Stephen tried to assure Zeke and everyone else that he'd be taken care of in due time, although no time frame was mentioned. I'm surely not a fan of our FO brass saying things that are prone to being misinterpreted. I'm also not a fan of players and their agents assuming things that were never specified by Stephen and Jerry saying what they did. I think they were merely attempting to quell the appetites of players like Zeke who can't await his turn to get rich at the expense of those who are already due for contractual negotiations.

Nevertheless, I'm willing to try to be more patient with this mess, since there's really nothing I can do to change it. Let's see what the weeks that lie ahead have to offer in hopes of a possible solution. For fans to be bitter and bicker at this point is obviously an exercise in futility anyhow. It's up to the FO and Zeke's representation to resolve things if they can. Obviously, as fans, we're helpless to affect change, other than to express our disappointment. Unfortunately, that doesn't appear to be enough.
Pretty damn reasonable there, Amigo.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
The Zeke holdout may be the perfect scenario. Everybody wants top dollar right now but do they really deserve it? I like Zekes play on the field, but dude is selfish and dumb. And don't get me wrong I love Dak, but a holdout will allow the Cowboys to really evaluate Dak minus a grade A+ run game. Then we'll see what kind of QB Dak is when it all falls on his shoulders. With a new OC and QB coach we'll see if he takes the next step or not. If he succeeds pay the man the big $$$, if not pay him less or don't at all and start thinking about the future. It may end up being a less than desirable season but it prevents this thing called overpaying overrated, selfish, or dumb players and ending up spending years in cap hell!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I fully realize that Stephen tried to assure Zeke and everyone else that he'd be taken care of in due time, although no time frame was mentioned. I'm surely not a fan of our FO brass saying things that are prone to being misinterpreted. I'm also not a fan of players and their agents assuming things that were never specified by Stephen and Jerry saying what they did. I think they were merely attempting to quell the appetites of players like Zeke who can't await his turn to get rich at the expense of those who are already due for contractual negotiations.

Nevertheless, I'm willing to try to be more patient with this mess, since there's really nothing I can do to change it. Let's see what the weeks that lie ahead have to offer in hopes of a possible solution. For fans to be bitter and bicker at this point is obviously an exercise in futility anyhow. It's up to the FO and Zeke's representation to resolve things if they can. Obviously, as fans, we're helpless to affect change, other than to express our extreme disappointment. Unfortunately, that doesn't appear to be nearly enough.
I am not disappointed, I am entertained. It's all the ancillary crap that swirls around this team and the father/son shooting themselves in the foot that provides the extra entertainment that fans of other teams do not get. A lot of fans don't even know what the owner looks like. Hell, Clint Murchison could have robbed me at gunpoint and I wouldn't have known.

This is merely this year's serving of "Other Fans Have Such Boring Off Seasons". If it's not drafting a cripple, it's extortion with strippers or signing a strip club barker or a woman beater or drafting stoners or large men bar fights or RB's lost at outdoor concerts or drunk players killing other players but we are never without something that has little to do with football unless the perp is a player qualifies.

However, this off season we've spent an inordinate amount of time on the part of the NFL I like the least, the money in any form. The only thing I know for sure is that neither am I qualified nor is anyone else here to decide how much someone else should make. Anymore than any NFL player should decide what time I should go to bed. Good night.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Doesn't sound too good for Zeke. I honestly think it will be easier to find a comparable RB than QB or WR.
Ya,that is a genuine fact, we know what we've got in the Q.B. position, he's gonna compete & try to win, but taking that next step up& into the ring of Q.B's who can actually take command of the situation when he's got a couple of key pieces carted off the field& still be effective? , I know his coaching support staff has proven pretty useless in adjustments to his benefit thus far, this season is gonna be real insightful on whether or not that 30 million a year contract offer was even warranted . (picture in your mind's eye, the #9 of 2014 having the 2018 #19 to of had available to throw to?)

aria

Reaction score
Some of y'all didn't want a war daddy on defense either. There was a whole "don't pay him $20M per year" contingent on here. Guess the FO didn't listen.

And you don't know what will happen with the Rams/Jets since the return hasn't even begun to pay off yet so how can you diagnose that they "screwed up" before the deals are done or even started? The only thing you have to go on is that they paid them a lot of money which speaks directly to my point that fans don't want to see players get paid for a myriad of reasons. And Zeke IS better than those guys.
Incorrect. You’re starting to sound like another poster I put in ignore because everything to him boiled down to jealousy. These guys already make several million and have made more in a year than I will in a lifetime, you think I personally care that they get paid a few more? Lol, not even close. I want whats best for the team and although that may mean losing one of our best players because he won’t budge on a few million dollars than so be it. Just because he’s a top RB doesn’t mean the salary he wants is justifiable. The idea is to put several quality players on the field, not tie up all your money on a handful and be left digging through the scrap heap for replacements in other positions. I assume you haven’t already forgot the cap hell we just recently got out of and how many people complained about Jerry signing too big of contracts, right? Now he’s learned his lesson and people are still complaining.

First off “Zeke is better than those guys” is very debatable and his off the field behavior should absolutely be taken into account if he wants the most money. I understand Gurleys injury history makes him different from Zeke but both teams (Pitt and LA) lost their starting RB’s and both didn’t skip a beat, they were replaced with a rookie and guy sitting on his couch at home. The replacements may not have been as good but the little drop off, if any, sure showed how Bell and Gurleys price tag wasn’t justified and how expendable that position is.

I didn’t mind signing Lawrence at all and because at least he played under the franchise tag (which I did want to tag him first to see how he did that final year) willingly. Zeke won’t even play with two years left on his original contract let alone a franchise tag.

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think if they are back to a pass heavy offense with out the threat of a running game, then they are going to struggle.

Comes down to do you want to see what Dak and his WR corps can do vs 8 man coverage? With a predicable Jason offense? We’ve seen that result for years and it doesn’t end well.
We won't have an 8th man coverage if Prescott start hitting his wide receivers. That's the point can you change the offense you change the defense

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's just because you want Zeke out, not because you give a bleep about Jerry.
I don't give a bleep about either one of them. You're absolutely right. I don't care if Zeke's is on the team or not. I prefer him here actually but not at the cost. So

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dude now that sounds like some perverted Jerry speak.
I'm pretty sure Zeke wouldnt just sit there and let some old dude smack off on him. sicko.
Yes I am. I train with a 2 time Super Bowl running back. Elliot is a knucklehead he deserves a smack maybe he'll wake up. I don't always stick up for Jerry depends on the situation so

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not mad Cas, frustrated that my fellow posters get sucked into such a scam by that carny.
I don't believe it's a scam, my cowboy brother. I don't think Jerry plans. When he talks. That's why I don't think it's a plot I don't give him that much credit. The running back is under contract with plenty of money paid upfront. I don't think either party, handle this correctly from the beginning my only issue is I don't believe any of it was planned it just rolled along and happened the way it did. I get your frustration.

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am amazed at the posters that do not see the transparency of this. Why do you think the only player that would have a reason to give a team friendly deal was just done? So Booger could use that as ammo against the 3 players he can't get to budge, primarily his holdout player.

He used that to try and turn the fans in his favor and against those greedy players. The whole thing is a set up, a very transparent one including the press conference.

Let me ask you one question. Which players are supposed to give that team friendly deal? How about Lawrence? Oops too late, guess some other player will have to do that because Booger & Son can't negotiate any better. He gets his but they're not supposed to get theirs? Is that how that works? He uses his surgery as leverage but that's OK?

But some are cheering him on just like his fellow owners since he's heading up their side of the CBA and the first round has been fired, those damned greedy players. They should all be giving team friendly deals.
My last comment on this. Do you really think Jerry tries to use the fan base as negotiating tools. That's what it sounds like you're saying. Clarify if I'm wrong.

superonyx

Reaction score
Yes I am. I train with a 2 time Super Bowl running back. Elliot is a knucklehead he deserves a smack maybe he'll wake up. I don't always stick up for Jerry depends on the situation so
It went right over your head.

what are you training for?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It went right over your head.

what are you training for?
I have three daughters. I workout train for them. I do everything for my family. Plus I enjoy it. If it went over my head and maybe it needs a little more clarification thank you. The response you replied to initially. Was something I was talking personally to another poster about. Sometimes a smack in the side of the head wakes people up. Ever watch NCIS. It's not an insult it's a wake-up call. And if anybody ever needed one it's Elliott

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Why pay him, they have to be some kind of compromise

Zekes base salary is so low in 2019, he can afford to miss the entire season if he has to.

He can male it up in the new deal, just like LBell did with the Jets deal.

These guys are not stupid.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Zekes base salary is so low in 2019, he can afford to miss the entire season if he has to.

He can male it up in the new deal, just like LBell did with the Jets deal.

These guys are not stupid.
It's a Gamble. I actually like that Prescott doesn't want to get paid this season he's going to wait till he proves himself. Elliott only had six touchdowns in six fumbles last season. And Le'Veon Bell is on a different team now same thing could happen to Elliott. When I like him to be a cowboy absolutely. Do I strap a team because of one player absolutely not

superonyx

Reaction score
I have three daughters. I workout train for them. I do everything for my family. Plus I enjoy it. If it went over my head and maybe it needs a little more clarification thank you. The response you replied to initially. Was something I was talking personally to another poster about. Sometimes a smack in the side of the head wakes people up. Ever watch NCIS. It's not an insult it's a wake-up call. And if anybody ever needed one it's Elliott
Smack can be replaced with jack in slang terms. Go back and swap the 2 and you may see the joke.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Several subtle shots at Zeke (and maybe Dak) at the Jaylon PC. He kept effusively praising Jaylon for looking out for the "team" with this contract.

I think there's no doubt that this was sending a message about how the team wants to do business.

They've effectively threatened. If you hold out for all that you can get? You're not going to get it here. The team is not going to destroy their cap to keep any one player. So take a reasonable offer, get yourself life-changing security while you can and remain part of a talented, high profile team with a chance to win a championship, or be driven solely by greed and take your chances elsewhere.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I am not disappointed, I am entertained. It's all the ancillary crap that swirls around this team and the father/son shooting themselves in the foot that provides the extra entertainment that fans of other teams do not get. A lot of fans don't even know what the owner looks like. Hell, Clint Murchison could have robbed me at gunpoint and I wouldn't have known.

This is merely this year's serving of "Other Fans Have Such Boring Off Seasons". If it's not drafting a cripple, it's extortion with strippers or signing a strip club barker or a woman beater or drafting stoners or large men bar fights or RB's lost at outdoor concerts or drunk players killing other players but we are never without something that has little to do with football unless the perp is a player qualifies.

However, this off season we've spent an inordinate amount of time on the part of the NFL I like the least, the money in any form. The only thing I know for sure is that neither am I qualified nor is anyone else here to decide how much someone else should make. Anymore than any NFL player should decide what time I should go to bed. Good night.

Jerry's antics were a lot more interesting when his team was competing for and actually winning championships. After 20+ years of not sniffing a title and rarely competing for one, seeing grandpa hamming it up after a couple of Johnny Walker's isn't nearly as entertaining as it was in the 90s.