Video: Jerry sends SAS 'happy birthday' message following Jets game

Zordon

Reaction score
Ugh, why is Jerry sending birthday wishes to the most anti-Cowboys person in American media immediately following an embarrassing loss to the Jets?

While the fans are suffering, our owner/GM is yucking it up with the person who calls Cowboys fans "vile disgusting creatures" minutes after that shameful performance.

You see things like this and it makes you wonder what's really the priority here. :(

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Ugh, why is Jerry sending birthday wishes to the most anti-Cowboys person in American media immediately following an embarrassing loss to the Jets?

While the fans are suffering, our owner/GM is yucking it up with the person who calls Cowboys fans "vile disgusting creatures".

You see things like this and it makes you wonder what's really the priority here. :(

That’s our owner everybody! Everyone give him an applause :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Why is Jerry reciprocating love to someone who calls his loyal paying customers "vile disgusting creatures"? Do you see how disrespectful that is?
Oh yeah - I was watching First Take live yesterday during my lunch break when I saw that and it made me scratch my head.

Not that I'm one to ever defend Jerry, but SAS always keeps his team relevant in the headlines and in the media. Seriously. Max and SAS discuss the Cowboys every day. That, my friend, is more important to Jerry Jones than winning.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

While the fans are suffering, our owner/GM is yucking it up with the person who calls Cowboys fans "vile disgusting creatures" minutes after that shameful performance.

Because the Cowboys are a business and a show. They do not care about football.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
From what I understand, SAS loves Jerry and Stephen and has frequently considered them "buddies."

It's us he can't stand.

I actually can't stand this fan base either. He can't stand us because after a few losses we act like we do on this board and after a few wins we act like we do. Nobody can just root for the Cowboys. It's fire everyone and "I hope we lose because of some stupid idea a 40 year old living in their moms basement comes up with". Worst fan base in sports.

birdwells1

Reaction score
What other GM would do this after a loss? Any other GM would be afraid for their jobs with the optics of it all.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry probably makes $3-5million/day. No matter how much he claims he wants to win, he still looks at running the Cowboys as a fun hobby.

Zordon

Reaction score
It's showbiz.

Jerry and SAS are two peas in a pod when it comes to wanting attention.
That's cool, I've accepted that a long time ago. But doing this immediately following the worst loss of the season? Look where he's at, he hadn't even left the stadium yet.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I don't but many here believe he is the best owner in sports and that he cares deeply about winning and would do anything in his power to win a Super Bowl.
Jerry told you point blank last season when he corrected Stephen, he wouldn't even trade in his HOF status for another championship.

Winning is not a priority in Dallas, no matter how many fruity Jerry quotes from 1993 they mount on the wall at the Star. This franchise is soft and has been since Parcells left.