Jerry should not forget the Giants last Possession

ESisback

Reaction score
Derek Henry's performance yesterday technically placed Houston 32nd in Rush Defense. Dallas' rushing defense was pathetic all season. There has to be some changes coming.

Unfortunately, there are no Javon Kinlaw's in this draft. There are a few prospects in the middle rounds, but unsure how good they will be.

Defensive Tackle needs to be the Top Priority for Dallas this offseason.

Grab S, CB, DT, and LB in the first four rounds. Spend the final six picks on OL, DL, DB, RB, LB. Jettison Nolan, promote Edwards. Grab 2 FA that can contribut e on D. Get back the injured players

Praxit

Reaction score
..I didnt see it, but will imagine what i've seen before. Perhaps, it was fate picture for Nolan. "The last straw that broke the camels back".

FVSTONE

Reaction score
So half the starters suck and that leads you to come to the conclusion that it was coaching? Yet it was the defense that allowed us to nearly win the division?
Dam Roy, I thought your decision to stuff Trigger was a bad move and your post ranks right up there too............ha-haaaaaa! The defense allowed us to nearly win the division, do you know how fricking stupid that sounds!!!!!!! We played 3 teams that were just a little lousier than us. Then we went up against the Giants who showed us what more heart and guts will get ya. This whole organization has been heartless and gutless for the past two decades and is considered one of the bottom feeders in this league. Hell this team lead by the defense is considered the stuff ranchers try to avoid when they're walking in horse stalls.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dam Roy, I thought your decision to stuff Trigger was a bad move and your post ranks right up there too............ha-haaaaaa! The defense allowed us to nearly win the division, do you know how fricking stupid that sounds!!!!!!! We played 3 teams that were just a little lousier than us. Then we went up against the Giants who showed us what more heart and guts will get ya. This whole organization has been heartless and gutless for the past two decades and is considered one of the bottom feeders in this league. Hell this team lead by the defense is considered the stuff ranchers try to avoid when they're walking in horse stalls.

This team sucks no doubt. Yet a get a kick out of the fans that blame Nolan for the defense when its obvious they completely suck. And then if we want to nit pick, it was the defense and the turnovers that was the big difference in the 3 game win streak. Just sayin.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Everyone in the stadium, and watching at home, knew Jason Garrett, and the Giants were going to run the ball.

They did exactly that!

They ran the ball right down our throats for a first down in only 2 plays to end the game!

Blow this defense up! Get rid of half the starters and NOLAN!

Please don’t mention the turnovers this putrid defense was mostly gifted over the last 4 weeks.
Nearly all turnovers are gifted to the other team. How many of Zeke's fumbles this year were forced? The one that got punched out vs Atl is the only one I remember being forced. The other were "gifted" to the other teams.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
It tells me you don't have a life.....

nah, he has a great point...it’s incredible how much energy goes in to analysis and angst and ideas on players, etc...but most here seem to miss the point that there is 25 years of factual evidence (not opinion) that nothing matters - be it players, coaches, schemes, draft picks, draft position, free agency signings - as long as Jerry is GM and owner. Nothing. Zero. Nada. I’m a fan since 1966 and now I watch the circus this team has become and the only thing that can matter now is how badly Jerry gets embarrassed and frustrated because football wise, this team will never sniff another championship with Jerry. It is proven fact. You guys care about football, Jerry cares about sales. I’ve seen many days when this franchise was the best football team on the planet with great coaching, innovation, great players, players with heart. Now ? Einstein is right and so is Crash.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Derek Henry's performance yesterday technically placed Houston 32nd in Rush Defense. Dallas' rushing defense was pathetic all season. There has to be some changes coming.

Unfortunately, there are no Javon Kinlaw's in this draft. There are a few prospects in the middle rounds, but unsure how good they will be.

Defensive Tackle needs to be the Top Priority for Dallas this offseason.
Kinlaw wouldnt save the run d. Pollard ran all over san fran on his watch

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Everyone in the stadium, and watching at home, knew Jason Garrett, and the Giants were going to run the ball.

They did exactly that!

They ran the ball right down our throats for a first down in only 2 plays to end the game!

Blow this defense up! Get rid of half the starters and NOLAN!

Please don’t mention the turnovers this putrid defense was mostly gifted over the last 4 weeks.

Is that your take on why this game was lost? The last series?

ghst187

Reaction score
This has been a problem for the last 4 years and the dummy GM and his crack team of "football experts" have yet to address it. But hey why bother when you can continue to hype this crap show.

Well I give them some credit for trying they went out and got, what we all thought were, two starting DTs in Poe and McCoy. Neither worked out and that left a gaping hole every team ran right through.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

They did exactly that!

We're bad right up the middle, at DT and LB. Not gonna stop the run like that.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nah, he has a great point...it’s incredible how much energy goes in to analysis and angst and ideas on players, etc...but most here seem to miss the point that there is 25 years of factual evidence (not opinion) that nothing matters - be it players, coaches, schemes, draft picks, draft position, free agency signings - as long as Jerry is GM and owner. Nothing. Zero. Nada. I’m a fan since 1966 and now I watch the circus this team has become and the only thing that can matter now is how badly Jerry gets embarrassed and frustrated because football wise, this team will never sniff another championship with Jerry. It is proven fact. You guys care about football, Jerry cares about sales. I’ve seen many days when this franchise was the best football team on the planet with great coaching, innovation, great players, players with heart. Now ? Einstein is right and so is Crash.
Meh!! I have more important things to worry about.

lwehlers

Reaction score
i do not know if nolan was all of the problem. he really did not have anything to work with this year. hopefully the scouting department and the jones are willing to get him the players to run his system right. maybe then we will see if it is nolans fault why this ended being the worst defense in cowboys history and the league.

khiladi

Reaction score
The two times Nolan blitzed in the second half, they had free lanes to Jones. I mean that’s Garrett’s basic offense for you, where he can’t pick up the blitz to save his life. That was the story with Schwartz with the Commanders when they played us back when Garrett used to call plays. Guys used to be running free to Romo on these zone blitzed.

I mean Jones basically had all day to throw on these long routes the whole second half.