Jerry should not forget the Giants last Possession

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I can get on board with this signing but are you willing to over pay to get him

Yes, I am willing to. If he can push the pocket and stop the run, which I think he can, by all means. We were awful at run stopping. Him and Gallimore side by side would be exactly what our dline means. This would free us up to draft Parsons at 8 and S in the next round which I think is the quickest way to fix the defence. Furthermore, I think Leonard Williams is a better player than the DT prospects coming up in the draft. It's about time we really get serious about our DT, and Leonard Williams is the player for that. If I am Nolan or whoever takes over at DC, that's who I'm pounding the table for if he doesn't stay with the Jets.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Can we afford him? Cheap Stephen won't look at anyone over vet minimum.

His asking price won't be what Stephen likes, but I don't think Jerry likes giving up as many yards on the ground as we did. So, something has to give. I hope, for our sake, that Jerry will splash with Leonard. Can you imagine our dline with Gregory, Gallimore, Williams, and DLaw? Yikes! That's a powerful dline! Then draft Parsons and a S in the first 2 rounds, and I think we'll be a MUCH improved defence next season. Oh, and keep Dak.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yes, I am willing to. If he can push the pocket and stop the run, which I think he can, by all means. We were awful at run stopping. Him and Gallimore side by side would be exactly what our dline means. This would free us up to draft Parsons at 8 and S in the next round which I think is the quickest way to fix the defence. Furthermore, I think Leonard Williams is a better player than the DT prospects coming up in the draft. It's about time we really get serious about our DT, and Leonard Williams is the player for that. If I am Nolan or whoever takes over at DC, that's who I'm pounding the table for if he doesn't stay with the Jets.
Williams would instantly help the defense, no question.

I like some of the DT in the 2nd round and later, great value there this year. We also have to remember Hill looked good in his limited time before injury this season but I see Hill and Gallimore as more 3 tech then playing at the 1.

I'm not high on Parsons. I much prefer Surratt or Bolton plus I think Dallas needs to draft 2 LBs this year. Parsons is an athlete but isn't an all around LB that is worthy of top 10 pick.... in my broken opinion.

Depending on who is at 10 I would like to trade back and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick. This draft isn't very top heavy on defense and it's very possible offense is BPA at 10. Some really good talent on defense to be had, just not at the top of the draft

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Williams would instantly help the defense, no question.

I like some of the DT in the 2nd round and later, great value there this year. We also have to remember Hill looked good in his limited time before injury this season but I see Hill and Gallimore as more 3 tech then playing at the 1.

I'm not high on Parsons. I much prefer Surratt or Bolton plus I think Dallas needs to draft 2 LBs this year. Parsons is an athlete but isn't an all around LB that is worthy of top 10 pick.... in my broken opinion.

Depending on who is at 10 I would like to trade back and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick. This draft isn't very top heavy on defense and it's very possible offense is BPA at 10. Some really good talent on defense to be had, just not at the top of the draft

I agree that we need 2 LBs in this draft, or signing one and drafting one. I hear Von Miller should be a FA. Stephen will like the fact that Von may not be intrigued by a massive deal at his age. Up there in age, but can still play. He's still healthy. Put him in Sean Lee's spot if Lee retires imo. I think Parsons is a top ranked LB, but I would also consider Collins if he has a top combine. I'd love a trade down imo. I agree that a 2nd round DT would be nice, but I also would like a safety there. Unless a top safety falls to us at 8, I think Parsons would be the best player we can potentially get. Though, the Senior Bowl and Combine must play out.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I agree that we need 2 LBs in this draft, or signing one and drafting one. I hear Von Miller should be a FA. Stephen will like the fact that Von may not be intrigued by a massive deal at his age. Up there in age, but can still play. He's still healthy. Put him in Sean Lee's spot if Lee retires imo. I think Parsons is a top ranked LB, but I would also consider Collins if he has a top combine. I'd love a trade down imo. I agree that a 2nd round DT would be nice, but I also would like a safety there. Unless a top safety falls to us at 8, I think Parsons would be the best player we can potentially get. Though, the Senior Bowl and Combine must play out.
Von Miller would only be a guy we sign if switching to 3-4. He wouldn't be a 4-3 OLB.

I'm not high on Parsons in the top 10. He isn't an all around LB and not a Luke Kuechly LB. Plenty of players I have rated higher then Parsons and I'm starting to see Parsons is dropping some.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Von Miller would only be a guy we sign if switching to 3-4. He wouldn't be a 4-3 OLB.

I'm not high on Parsons in the top 10. He isn't an all around LB and not a Luke Kuechly LB. Plenty of players I have rated higher then Parsons and I'm starting to see Parsons is dropping some.

Which linebackers would you rate higher than Parsons? I personally have Collins close to Parsons. I think Parsons going to a bigger school than Collins probably is playing an advantage for Parsons in terms of being noticed, but I personally think it's a coin flip between Parsons and Collins. I think if he has a solid combine and Senior Bowl, Collins may jump Parsons.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Which linebackers would you rate higher than Parsons? I personally have Collins close to Parsons. I think Parsons going to a bigger school than Collins probably is playing an advantage for Parsons in terms of being noticed, but I personally think it's a coin flip between Parsons and Collins. I think if he has a solid combine and Senior Bowl, Collins may jump Parsons.
I like Bolton and Surratt a ton. It's not that I don't like Parsons, its the top 10 I don't think he is worth. It's more in the 20s where I have Parsons but at that spot Bolton can do it all and I rather have him.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I like Bolton and Surratt a ton. It's not that I don't like Parsons, its the top 10 I don't think he is worth. It's more in the 20s where I have Parsons but at that spot Bolton can do it all and I rather have him.

Oh, I know. I get what you're saying. I think he's teetering on top 10 imo. He's not top 5, but I wouldn't be mad picking him at 10 if that makes sense. However, I am not sure who Bolton or Surratt are, and I haven't seen a lot of them that I know of. I'll need to watch them.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Oh, I know. I get what you're saying. I think he's teetering on top 10 imo. He's not top 5, but I wouldn't be mad picking him at 10 if that makes sense. However, I am not sure who Bolton or Surratt are, and I haven't seen a lot of them that I know of. I'll need to watch them.
Bolton doesn't have the size or athleticism that Parsons does but he is a football player. Can do anything you want from the LB position including cover.

Surratt was a QB at UNC his freshman year but with Howell coming in Surratt switched to LB his sophomore year and was a tackling machine. Also got a goal line pick at the end of a game that saved the win on the last play. This year, only his second year as a LB, was one of the best in the country. He understands what offenses like to do because he was a QB. Has huge upside.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Bolton doesn't have the size or athleticism that Parsons does but he is a football player. Can do anything you want from the LB position including cover.

Surratt was a QB at UNC his freshman year but with Howell coming in Surratt switched to LB his sophomore year and was a tackling machine. Also got a goal line pick at the end of a game that saved the win on the last play. This year, only his second year as a LB, was one of the best in the country. He understands what offenses like to do because he was a QB. Has huge upside.

Surratt would be a fascinating choice. I like the thought of him on that front. I do think athleticism is important for a LB, which is where, from your description, I'd have Parsons ahead of Bolton.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Surratt would be a fascinating choice. I like the thought of him on that front. I do think athleticism is important for a LB, which is where, from your description, I'd have Parsons ahead of Bolton.
Being athletic isn't everything though. Sean Lee isn't athletic but he is a football player. Bolton is a football player.

If you want athletic at LB then Parsons would be your guy. I like Parsons and he needs development but I wouldn't draft him until the 20s...... in my broken opinion

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Being athletic isn't everything though. Sean Lee isn't athletic but he is a football player. Bolton is a football player.

If you want athletic at LB then Parsons would be your guy. I like Parsons and he needs development but I wouldn't draft him until the 20s...... in my broken opinion

Good point. And I love the idea of having a flat out football player machine at LB. My only question is Bolton's injury history. What we don't want is an injury prone LB. We have 2 atm on the roster.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
What injury history? He has been ejected from a game and came out to get his ankle taped but he played through injuries

Well, good. But I think you can understand my concern there. I mean, LVE has been hampered by injuries. When on the field, he's a monster for our LB core. But, that seems to be becoming less common lately.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Well, good. But I think you can understand my concern there. I mean, LVE has been hampered by injuries. When on the field, he's a monster for our LB core. But, that seems to be becoming less common lately.
I completely agree with you on injury concerns with Lee and Leighton but unless there is something I don't know....Bolton isn't injury prone.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I completely agree with you on injury concerns with Lee and Leighton but unless there is something I don't know....Bolton isn't injury prone.

Good, in that case, bring him on. I'd take him too. I also just found discovered that Kevin King is a FA after this season. Unless the Packers resign him, I'd love to bring him and Leonard Williams in.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Good, in that case, bring him on. I'd take him too. I also just found discovered that Kevin King is a FA after this season. Unless the Packers resign him, I'd love to bring him and Leonard Williams in.
King and Williams will be expensive but I like the idea of King. McCarthy should have an advantage since he drafted him.

In this case you wouldn't be able to resign Awuzie or Lewis. I'm ok with that