Jerry should take a lesson from Sean Payton and let Dak go now

leeblair

Reaction score
I don't agree with what Sean Payton did to Russell Wilson, and I hope it costs him his job.
However, the fact that he did it shows that NFL teams can afford to eat a bad contract and move past one player. In the Cowboys case, they should bench Prescott for the season and make him sit for a year before entering free agency. The fact that it would cool the market for his services might make Dak amenable to a trade this year that will allow the Cowboys to get something out of the deal.
Either way, the Cowboys and their fans win simply by getting Dak off the field in a Cowboys uniform and that gives the franchise hope for the first time since the hiring of Jason Garrett.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I don't agree with what Sean Payton did to Russell Wilson, and I hope it costs him his job.
However, the fact that he did it shows that NFL teams can afford to eat a bad contract and move past one player. In the Cowboys case, they should bench Prescott for the season and make him sit for a year before entering free agency. The fact that it would cool the market for his services might make Dak amenable to a trade this year that will allow the Cowboys to get something out of the deal.
Either way, the Cowboys and their fans win simply by getting Dak off the field in a Cowboys uniform and that gives the franchise hope for the first time since the hiring of Jason Garrett.
Just cut him and save $29 million. Bench him and paying him to sit isn’t too smart. Dak is going to be paid a lot of money to play football in 2025 and beyond. There is nothing Jerry Jones can do about. Paying a guy $29 million to sit on the bench when you could simply release him is too stupid even for Jerry.

Thrill99

Reaction score
SMH..........WTH......I don't think some of you guys really think through stuff before you post it. That is a ridiculous option to sit him this season. Hilarious! It will never happen. Best case for you is they let him play out his contract and we start over.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Wilson sure looked a lot more cooked than Prescott did.

I don’t care which way they ultimately go but I’d rather take my chances with another season of Prescott than allow Jerry and Stephen to stick another 26 million in their pockets…it won’t be spent on improving the roster this season. That ship has long sailed.

Speaking of Wilson, I wonder if cheapo Stephen isn’t looking at the current Steeler QB model and grinning.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was one of the most ignorant comments I’ve read in a long time, but it’s par for the course for the OP.
I think you missed the point. While I am not sure I agree or like it...sitting Dak might force Dak to do a trade deal. Anyway you slice it, Jerry got hosed on Dak's deal. a trade might be the best way out. Plus that would keep Jerry in the spotlight all year long....what Jerry craves most.

Dak loses stats and maybe contract value if it went on all year long.

Sitting or trade is unlikly, improbable, maybe even impossible. Maybe even silly. But it certainly remains an option if Jerry decides to play hardball to move on.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You really can’t make this stuff up. CZ is gold for comedy. I guess you’ll roll Lance out there with Cee Dee, Ferguson and the rest.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I think you missed the point. While I am not sure I agree or like it...sitting Dak might force Dak to do a trade deal. Anyway you slice it, Jerry got hosed on Dak's deal. a trade might be the best way out. Plus that would keep Jerry in the spotlight all year long....what Jerry craves most.

Dak loses stats and maybe contract value if it went on all year long.

Sitting or trade is unlikly, improbable, maybe even impossible. Maybe even silly. But it certainly remains an option if Jerry decides to play hardball to move on.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: 9 All Pros on the team and you want to blow up all up by getting rid of the NFL MVP runner up? Gold I tell ya. Gold.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: 9 All Pros on the team and you want to blow up all up by getting rid of the NFL MVP runner up? Gold I tell ya. Gold.
You don't read very well, do ya, kid?

Let's try it again...and go slow this time:

"While I am not sure I agree or like it...."

"Sitting or trade is unlikly, improbable, maybe even impossible. Maybe even silly."

You're losing your touch kid. Maybe fall back and regroup.

leeblair

Reaction score
Just cut him and save $29 million. Bench him and paying him to sit isn’t too smart. Dak is going to be paid a lot of money to play football in 2025 and beyond. There is nothing Jerry Jones can do about. Paying a guy $29 million to sit on the bench when you could simply release him is too stupid even for Jerry.
The point is to get Dak out of a Cowboys uniform and let the franchise have a chance to recover.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
There was no sense of hope when we hired Jason Garrett. Most of us "haters" called out back then that it was brain dead to hire the guy since he had no experience or resume. It played out pretty much how I called it except for how long Jerry was willing to keep that farce going.