Jerry should take a lesson from Sean Payton and let Dak go now

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I find it funny that some of you are bothered that I don’t pass out likes. lol No one got more upset with me about it than Trouty who only came here to troll for likes. He used to jump on me all the time for not passing out likes. :rolleyes: Once the schemes him and a few other posters were using to get likes were figured out and stopped he and his buddies took off. :laugh:
It wouldn't hurt you to pass out a few here or there:rolleyes:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It wouldn't hurt you to pass out a few here or there:rolleyes:
What difference does it make what I do? I’ve given out likes before, but it’s very rare. If they had a dislike feature I would be using it all the time. Lol

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When Lance starts
Dak will seek a trade, that is the only way to redeem anything at all for him. Hopefully there's someone out duller than Jerry!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sorry OP, and I mean no disrespect but this is stupid. Like really stupid.

1. By sitting a top 10 QB, you're not teaching him a lesson, you're keeping him fresh for the next team.

2. By sitting him, you let every other team know that he's not coming back next year, meaning a team who was interested in paying Dak what he wants, can just wait and not offer any draft capital to get him

3. If we really think Lance is the answer, The time to trade Dak was before the draft. Since We didnt do that, that tells me the cowboys are unsure themselves and Dak knows that. They have no leverage over him, so if we aren't going to extend him, our only option is to play him and hope for the best.
I think you underestimate not playing for a year. "Fresh"? Maybe. But no stats or the physical workout of a real NFL season.

Many NFL fans decry the lessening of a preseason games workout by starters, and possibly encouraging injuries. What would a whole year do?

Also...many think the time to resign Dak was ALSO before the draft.

Not only are the cowboys unsure, we know they do stupid stuff. They keep players when they shouldn't and they sign players when they shouldn't.

It's all a big cluster and you'd think Jerry does it on purpose by now rather than accidently.

There is still "leverage". The true cost of using it wouldn't be known for awhile.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
When Lance starts
Dak will seek a trade, that is the only way to redeem anything at all for him. Hopefully there's someone out duller than Jerry!
Lance won’t start unless he wins the backup job and Dak gets injured.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: 9 All Pros on the team and you want to blow up all up by getting rid of the NFL MVP runner up? Gold I tell ya. Gold.
2 things can be true at the same time: He was the runner up for MVP and he's also a Proven Postseason Choker. If you want to win a championship the former doesn't mitigate for the latter.

pitt33

Reaction score
When Lance starts
I highly doubt Lance will amount to anything.

If Shanny couldn’t get anything out of him how can Big Mike?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Instead, Jerry paid him $5 million in March to keep him on the roster and even though Jerry could release him and pay him no more money, Dak’s getting ready to quarterback another season of Cowboys football.
Not true to an extent.
Dak has already been paid but the cap ding is relevance.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I find it funny that some of you are bothered that I don’t pass out likes. lol No one got more upset with me about it than Trouty who only came here to troll for likes. He used to jump on me all the time for not passing out likes. :rolleyes: Once the schemes him and a few other posters were using to get likes were figured out and stopped he and his buddies took off. :laugh:
And there will be some that criticize you for likes too. Someone assigned me the entire MO of someone they don't like because I liked ONE thing in their comment.

YA just can't win I tell ya.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This is a true story, I endorse it 100 percent.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

When I read that comment I was asking myself the same thing. It's really a three ring circus and a chris angel mindfreak magic show. Of what value is Lance? Does he posses NFL QB skills just things fell wrong for him so far? Did Jerry wanna promote his freak show without regard to Lance's ability?

SO far I haven't personally seen anything either way yea or nay. Just moving on from another team isn't enough for me.

If we have him, it would seem he should get a shot to compete, regardless of other QB's on the team.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You really can’t make this stuff up. CZ is gold for comedy. I guess you’ll roll Lance out there with Cee Dee, Ferguson and the rest.
What are you afraid of?

Wouldn't you LOVE for Lance to fall on his butt....have to put Dak back in and sign for 500 mil 5 years?

Or maybe lance actually makes a competent QB. Put everyone in the fire and may the best QB win.

leeblair

Reaction score
I'm sorry OP, and I mean no disrespect but this is stupid. Like really stupid.

1. By sitting a top 10 QB, you're not teaching him a lesson, you're keeping him fresh for the next team.

2. By sitting him, you let every other team know that he's not coming back next year, meaning a team who was interested in paying Dak what he wants, can just wait and not offer any draft capital to get him

3. If we really think Lance is the answer, The time to trade Dak was before the draft. Since We didnt do that, that tells me the cowboys are unsure themselves and Dak knows that. They have no leverage over him, so if we aren't going to extend him, our only option is to play him and hope for the best.
Dak stands to loose big if it becomes clear that the Cowboys no longer want him.
He would be better off to agree to a trade than to sit for a year.
The message that would send to other teams- along with his history of choking- would likely keep him from getting anything more than a "prove-it" deal for low money like Baker Mayfield had to settle for.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This is a true story, I endorse it 100 percent.
It’s definitely true and I was probably the first one who caught onto it. I won’t go through the entire story but LocimusPrime and dallasdave were part of that group that took off when their like schemes were uncovered. Anything to try and gain status and popularity. It was pretty funny.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
What are you afraid of?

Wouldn't you LOVE for Lance to fall on his butt....have to put Dak back in and sign for 500 mil 5 years?

Or maybe lance actually makes a competent QB. Put everyone in the fire and may the best QB win.
Why wouldn't all Cowboys fans want Lance to shine?

I do not understand why player improvement at any level but especially QB level should be viewed as anything less than a positive.

It's easy to showcase during preseason games with a few designed blocking schemes and routes to showcase a young prospect, and you watch Lance recieve 85 percent, I know call me crazy but don't doubt me.

Dallas only gains value if the scenario pans out and Lance shines a few nice passes and shows his athleticism, this is a QB desperate league.

Stock value is an entirely different subject so I will regress.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It’s definitely true and I was probably the first one who caught onto it. I won’t go through the entire story but LocimusPrime and dallasdave were part of that group that took off when their like schemes were uncovered. Anything to try and gain status and popularity. It was pretty funny.
I know all those names, too funny.
Now you got me thinking about some other ancients, wasn't there an Art at one time back when we still had square wheels?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

The big concern with Lance is he was playing on a great team loaded with talent. Every QB they were using was having success. If Lance couldn’t excel with that team around him, good luck with him excelling anywhere else.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys should release him now. Let him find a new team to play for and the Cowboys get started on their future without Dak Prescott on the roster. I don’t see the sense in putting it off any longer.
I kinda want to watch him go out in shame.

I want to see him have a horrible season, get us a nice draft pick, and then be some other teams problem.