Twitter: Jerry: "Some of the fundamentals of football and coaching were what beat us out there today"

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Context.

He's talking about how you ALWAYS get out coached against NE because Beli is the best coach in modern history.

But y'all slice that in the dumb ways you do.

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
That is what I was talking about.

The Dallas Cowboys have only lost one single game by more than a TD (GB by 10).

It is the simple mistakes at the beginning of the game. Thus, a huge part of the reason for slow starts.

Look at our losses:

Patriots: 1st Quarter INT. And a missed FG

Green Bay: 2 1st Quarter INTS in the 1st QTR. And a missed FG

Jets: Missed FG *lost by 2 points*

Vikings: Missed FG 1st Qtr. And the Tavon Austin Fair Catch.

Saints: 2 Back to back drive fumbles in 1st half (Lost by 2 points); And didn't head to the sidelines to stop the clock with no timeouts to get in FG; instead throwing a hail-Mary which resulted in an int.

Just look above. This Team could be UNDEFEATED right now IF they practiced these very BASIC FUNDAMENTALS.

Do not turn the ball over early!
And take a *special* look at *special teams*. The 3rd Phase of the game.

This is NOT complicated.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Last time I checked, he has the final say.

Actions speak louder than words Jerry.

What good would come out of firing JG now? Richard or Marinelli interim HC? No thanks

I think the writings on the wall for JG in Dallas. But unless there was a coach Jerry wanted as the next HC on the team he would've been fired after the Jets game IMO.

MY top 3 favorites for next HC

MY Dream
Bill Belichick

Hope
Nick Saban

Most Likely
Urban Meyer

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
MY Dream
Bill Belichick
Most head coaches are, but Bill Belichick is the ultimate control freak. Can't imagine a world where Belichick and Jerry coexist.

Hope
Nick Saban
He might be up for a change. He immediately impacts the culture. I'd imagine he'd want total authority if he made the move, thus the Jerry Issue.

Most Likely
Urban Meyer
This makes a ton of sense. A big name but no NFL clout, so Jerry gets to still play GM. His offense is perfect for Dak, he's the best possible HC for Zeke, and his recruiting prowess and relationships will help a ton with the draft and free agency. He tends to hire really good assistant coaches (minus the whole Zack Smith dilemma) and he completely understands and relates to today's players.

I'm actually hoping he ends up at USC but would be thrilled with him in Dallas.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
What good would come out of firing JG now? Richard or Marinelli interim HC? No thanks

I think the writings on the wall for JG in Dallas. But unless there was a coach Jerry wanted as the next HC on the team he would've been fired after the Jets game IMO.

MY top 3 favorites for next HC

MY Dream
Bill Belichick

Hope
Nick Saban

Most Likely
Urban Meyer

I’m worried about bringing in a college coach straight to HC too many unknowns. Can he lead men as opposed to college kids and also factor in the recruiting where a program that’s winning tends to get the better athletes. Teams like Alabama, OSU Clemson to name a few are always stocked with the best recruits.

Maverick84

Reaction score
Context.

He's talking about how you ALWAYS get out coached against NE because Beli is the best coach in modern history.

But y'all slice that in the dumb ways you do.
who's the best coach in history? no judgement whatsoever, just curious as to who your pick is given the qualifier of "modern" that you used

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m worried about bringing in a college coach straight to HC too many unknowns. Can he lead men as opposed to college kids and also factor in the recruiting where a program that’s winning tends to get the better athletes. Teams like Alabama, OSU Clemson to name a few are always stocked with the best recruits.

I got good news for you......whoever is the next head coach won’t stick around like a leech for 10 years if it isn’t working like Garrett has :flagwave:

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I give up. If the Cowboys are gonna suck with no end in sight, I guess I’m ready for the boogaloo.

DanA

Reaction score
Communication issues again. Why was Pollard sitting on the goal line on the kick return? This is off the back of the Tavon fair catch issue.

ST co-ordinator isn’t doing his job.

kwcool619

Reaction score
Jerry has had it. He's telling Jason now what he's going to do later, or else.

I wouldn't be surprised if they fired the special teams coach tomorrow.

After today's game, the ST coach would have taken the Greyhound back to Dallas.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That is what I was talking about.

The Dallas Cowboys have only lost one single game by more than a TD (GB by 10).

It is the simple mistakes at the beginning of the game. Thus, a huge part of the reason for slow starts.

Look at our losses:

Patriots: 1st Quarter INT. And a missed FG

Green Bay: 2 1st Quarter INTS in the 1st QTR. And a missed FG

Jets: Missed FG *lost by 2 points*

Vikings: Missed FG 1st Qtr. And the Tavon Austin Fair Catch.

Saints: 2 Back to back drive fumbles in 1st half (Lost by 2 points); And didn't head to the sidelines to stop the clock with no timeouts to get in FG; instead throwing a hail-Mary which resulted in an int.

Just look above. This Team could be UNDEFEATED right now IF they practiced these very BASIC FUNDAMENTALS.

Do not turn the ball over early!
And take a *special* look at *special teams*. The 3rd Phase of the game.

This is NOT complicated.
I dont think jason gives much thought or time to the ST area, he just hires a guy and it is his problem lol.
then if it is bad just fire him after 5 years lol
Jason is still in the learning phase for offense, game plans, playbook, and game mgmt.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
In big moments, against quality opposition, something always goes wrong for Dallas under Garrett.

Could be a penalty, could be a turnover, could be bad clock management, play-calling.... hell, last year JJ said it was the cleats lol

Bottom line: Garrett is always at the party when the cops are called but it’s never his fault. At some point— you have to be accountable as the HC for the product that is on the field.

JJ has the rep of being a control freak... but not in this case with JG. He has given the wunderkind 10 years to get it done— and the same issues continue to plague the franchise.

The final nail is the story that was leaked that Garrett wants the NY job. JJ is loyal to a fault and JG just bit the hand that feeds him.

Winds of change are blowing... 7 years too late— but blowing nonetheless

roy31

Reaction score
Should fire him after the Buffalo game .. make Richard the interim coach .. that way you get a few games to see how he would handle the team