Twitter: Jerry: "Some of the fundamentals of football and coaching were what beat us out there today"

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
10 years in and we got the same Garrett ran team we had when he first took over for Wade. Same poor clock management, same mental mistakes, same poor game plans, same lack of adjustments, it's just so frustrating to watch year in and out.

Its like freaking ground hog day, same crap repeats itself every dam season.

He has been a head coach in the NFL for 9 freaking years and he still cant make adjustments, cant manage a clock, cant manage situational football, its just.....………...wow...……...no words:facepalm:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So fix it.

It took 10 years, but I think the lightbulb may have just came on for old Jerry!!!
decide.jpg

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
It means it's a process . Garrett will get a 10 year extension, it's what he needs for developing fundamentals /coaching.

Jerry is ungrateful , Garrett is one of the few offensive geniuses in the NFL .

The cowboys have really taken the fun out of jokes like this.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not Going to happen. Jerry will get his money's worth from all of the coaches this year and do an overhaul at the end of the season. Then he'll just hire another puppet.

We're screwed either way.
Pretty much.

What Named or Up an Coming HC wants to walk into this media circus with Jerry?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It would be nice one day that the media simply didn’t show up. The phones stop ringing. And there were no cameras for Jerry to stick his ugly face in opening up his frikin mouth.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Not Going to happen. Jerry will get his money's worth from all of the coaches this year and do an overhaul at the end of the season. Then he'll just hire another puppet.

We're screwed either way.

Absolutely! Exactly!

Anyone who thinks Jerry is going to bring in a name like Urban Meyer to come in here and get all the "credit" if they win is nuts.

Jerry thinks he has found the next genius in Kellen Moore, so either Moore will be the HC, or the new coach will be forced to keep Moore, and everyone will know he is only in place until Moore is ready, creating another ridiculous and confusing culture.

Besides, any coach capable of commanding respect is going to want his own guys as coordinators. So, theres also the element of anyone of note will not work for Jerry.

So, our only real shot is if Moore turns out to be a good HC. Theres really no other way due to severe stubbornness. They will never win under Jerry. Absolutely never.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This season and, in particular, the last couple of games may provide the drive for a new coach. Despite JJ's lastest mutterings, I would be shocked if Garrett is let go prior to season's end.

My real question is, what's going through the team's mind now? With reports of JG landing in NY and JJ blasting JG in the press, you can't help but think the team will be adversely affected by all this turmoil.

MaaS

Reaction score
The only conclusion I can come to with this team is the Garrett just doesn't think that details matter. We continually lose on small
Its like freaking ground hog day, same crap repeats itself every dam season.

He has been a head coach in the NFL for 9 freaking years and he still cant make adjustments, cant manage a clock, cant manage situational football, its just.....………...wow...……...no words:facepalm:

Agree. He just doesn't think the details matter. His mantra of "just beat the man in front of you" has become completely outdated in the NFL. Football has become more science than art and he refuses to accept it.

Listening to how the Ravens deploy advanced analytics into their decision making last night made me sick lol.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jones made clear that he will make the final decisions about the Cowboys’ coaching staff, and right now he doesn’t sound satisfied, suggesting that the Cowboys were out-coached by Bill Belichick and his staff.

“When you’re General Manager, which I am, those coaches are out there at my ultimate decision,” Jones said. “It’s very much within my realm of purview, if you will, to not only be standing there as an owner but be standing there as the General Manager who put the staff there to begin with. People seem to think it’s particularly harsh to have criticism and they think when you look at the other side of the field and call a job well done, that might mean that’s extraordinary criticism of the job you’ve done on the other side of the field.”

Jones said he’s beyond disappointed that the Cowboys lost on Sunday.

“Disappointed is not the word. There’s no question that we were given an opportunity, there were things we could have taken advantage of,” Jones said.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...es-are-out-there-at-my-ultimate-decision/amp/

-

Two things.

1) It sure seems like the old man has had it and is prepared to sacrifice another pawn in his sick game of chess.

2) It's so obvious that Stephen runs the team.

kskboys

Reaction score
What good would come out of firing JG now? Richard or Marinelli interim HC? No thanks

I think the writings on the wall for JG in Dallas. But unless there was a coach Jerry wanted as the next HC on the team he would've been fired after the Jets game IMO.

MY top 3 favorites for next HC

MY Dream
Bill Belichick

Hope
Nick Saban

Most Likely
Urban Meyer
What good? If Jerry could find a competent HC(And I'm well aware that it may never happen), we could turn this thing around and contend for a super bowl. We are going nowhere w/ the status quo.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It seems like Jerry could be laying the foundation for the decision not to extend Garrett after the season.

kskboys

Reaction score
I dont think jason gives much thought or time to the ST area, he just hires a guy and it is his problem lol.
then if it is bad just fire him after 5 years lol
Jason is still in the learning phase for offense, game plans, playbook, and game mgmt.
Except Jason is like 50 first dates. He forgets it all and has to relearn.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
What good? If Jerry could find a competent HC(And I'm well aware that it may never happen), we could turn this thing around and contend for a super bowl. We are going nowhere w/ the status quo.
What coach could he find right now? Theyre not going to find a coach midseason. One will be hired after the seasson

Xeven

Reaction score
Cowboys don’t train fundamentals from what I can see. You ever see a cowboy try and strip the ball? Ever see Zeke trying to spinoff first contact?

many of our run plays start two yards back in shotgun.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I know Jerry doesn't seem to like analytics, but here is some basic math for him

Bad Coaching + Stubborn GM = 2 playoff wins in 25 years