Twitter: Jerry: "Some of the fundamentals of football and coaching were what beat us out there today"

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, that shouldn't make any coach feel bad, it's just the "fundmentals" they're bad at.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Jerry already changed his tune, Took him one day :

"...the other night, the name of the game was turnovers. The other night, the name of the game was weather. And the other night, the name of the game was how to play that game in those circumstances. New England plays a lot of games in those circumstances.”

Its hilarious that some of us thought Jerry was now seeing the truth about Garrett .

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
I've been saying for the last 18 months that JJ's patience is wearing thin. Even when he was steadfastly standing behind Garrett publicly last season, I knew he was growing tired of all the heartbreak losses, many due to poor schemes and game plans. And forever starting slow.

And now that the losses are mounting up this season, he's done. Garrett's one more "bad loss" away from being canned....either soon, or at the end of the season (unless this team miraculously makes it to the NFC Championship game, and NO ONE sees that coming....not with this collection of coaches).

The bottom line, Garrett's days are numbered, because there's NO WAY these current schemes are going to win games consistently down the stretch. Every game will be close with these conservative, stale, "try not to lose" game plans....and with the close games, we'll find a way to lose enough of them. Sure, the Eagles could stumble, and then the Cowboys CAN beat them, but in the playoffs, they'll lose...off to another slow start, a bonehead turnover, and no Plan B, no adjustments.

The Cowboys schemes are so easy to prepare for, they run like 7 plays (and much less on defense), and run them in a fairly predictable sequence. It's a shame. We're just wasting talent at this point....and JJ knows it.

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
yeah joe was intense wasnt he ??:dance: and I think he was there with Jimmy?

Yep, he was with all of our coaches until Parcells brought in his staff.

Our special teams, under Avezanno, was the only bright spot during some of those years.

He was considered for the HC position but the Cowboys went with Campo instead.

Joe (Doc) Avezzano never needed a supervisor. That man knew what to do. Wish he would have been given the full reigns of the Cowboys at the time. I bet he would have made a good/great HC for the Cowboys IMO.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yep, he was with all of our coaches until Parcells brought in his staff.

Our special teams, under Avezanno, was the only bright spot during some of those years.

He was considered for the HC position but the Cowboys went with Campo instead.

Joe (Doc) Avezzano never needed a supervisor. That man knew what to do. Wish he would have been given the full reigns of the Cowboys at the time. I bet he would have made a good/great HC for the Cowboys IMO.
Hmmm I did not know he was condsidered for HC!
He was sort of like pete carrol of the seahawks, real emotional, so he probably would have done better than Campo, but at that time Dallas had no qb or OL,
They were bad. but yeah might have been different with Avezzano!
Could be he was too intense for jerry, and not a good puppet like campo.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But Jerry.......you acknowledged yourself Garrett was learning on the job which was .... 8 years and 300 blunders ago. Blame Garrett as well you should,but don’t forget to look in the mirror when blaming him.