Jerry statement on retaining McCarthy

bark

Reaction score
And there it is….
Next year just feels different already!!!

GMO415

Reaction score

Statement Jerry Jones:

“I believe this team is very close and capable of achieving our ultimate goals and the best step forward for us will be with Mike McCarthy as our head coach. There is great benefit to continuing the team’s progress under Mike’s leadership as our head coach. Specifically, there are many layers of success that have occurred this season as a result of Mike’s approach to leading the team, both with individual players and with our team collectively. Mike has the highest regular season winning percentage of any head coach in Cowboys history and we will dedicate ourselves, in partnership with him, to translating that into reaching our post season goals. Certainly, Mike’s career has demonstrated post season success at a high level, and we have great confidence that can continue.

"Further, our loss on Sunday is shared by everyone here, not just Coach McCarthy. Our players. Our coaches. Our front office. Myself. There is accountability for our results. I am accountable for our results. The lens we use to view and evaluate Coach McCarthy is holistic. While we’re all disappointed with the result on Sunday and with our playoff record, I am 100 percent supportive of him as our head coach and ability to reach our goals.

“We will start our process of review and decision making regarding everything that impacts our team and roster and, while we’re not going to address specific players and extensions or free agents at this point, it deserves our deepest review and consideration, and it will get it.”

denzel-washington-door.gif

Brax

Reaction score

Statement Jerry Jones:

“I believe this team is very close and capable of achieving our ultimate goals and the best step forward for us will be with Mike McCarthy as our head coach. There is great benefit to continuing the team’s progress under Mike’s leadership as our head coach. Specifically, there are many layers of success that have occurred this season as a result of Mike’s approach to leading the team, both with individual players and with our team collectively. Mike has the highest regular season winning percentage of any head coach in Cowboys history and we will dedicate ourselves, in partnership with him, to translating that into reaching our post season goals. Certainly, Mike’s career has demonstrated post season success at a high level, and we have great confidence that can continue.

"Further, our loss on Sunday is shared by everyone here, not just Coach McCarthy. Our players. Our coaches. Our front office. Myself. There is accountability for our results. I am accountable for our results. The lens we use to view and evaluate Coach McCarthy is holistic. While we’re all disappointed with the result on Sunday and with our playoff record, I am 100 percent supportive of him as our head coach and ability to reach our goals.

“We will start our process of review and decision making regarding everything that impacts our team and roster and, while we’re not going to address specific players and extensions or free agents at this point, it deserves our deepest review and consideration, and it will get it.”

What a crock of crap. Jerry can’t go 6ft under soon enough.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This fool said "i'm accountable for our results" haha. i'm sure Jerry the GM is getting a lashing from Jerry the Owner. We're truly in the Al davis stage
This is beyond Al Davis. The league has never seen anything like Jerry Jones. At least Al was a respected football mind and innovator. Nobody will ever say that about Jerry.

JPM

Reaction score
Just making the playoffs is now good enough for thus organization.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I stopped then too, this just says nothing is going to change and Dak and MM give us the best chance to make it
Nope. Same crap. He's been saying this for 15 plus years. He still thinks we are close because in 2007 we lost to the SB Champs Giants.......just a rich idiot. A rich smart idiot. A rich, smart, football idiot.

JBS

Reaction score
There is accountability???????? What a tool....go take a permanent nap old man!!! Everyone have a nice evening...I need to leave before I get benched for 10 years...I'm not saying 1/1000th of what I want to right now.
None of us are

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Statement Jerry Jones:

Thanks Coach Jerry! Glad to hear you're keeping your coordinator on board.

Last edited:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Listen, I know it's hard to fire a coach that led the team to 12 wins three years in a row and one that led the NFL in scoring this season.

But it's not that the Cowboys just lost to the Packers. If it was a 30-27 defeat I would say well, bad luck. But the entire team did not show. Not a one. That is an ABYSMAL coaching job.

This team coddles failure.