Jerry statement on retaining McCarthy

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know a few will still hold a space for the sixth trophy. I wish you well. I am waiting for the Forbes report.

lsg13

Reaction score
He makes some great points.
Yeah like, McCarthy has the best regular season winning percentage of any coach in cowboy history... don't you just love those "regular season" trophies, they look great at Cowboys headquarters...

Playoffs are over rated anyway, it's the regular season that everyone remembers, those teams are the ones that we still talk about today...

I'm pumped for next year, maybe we can win 13 games next year... I'm glad we lost that playoff game, those are just exhibition games anyway, chance we could have gotten players hurt playing those games... save them for next season regular season games, let's get 13!!!!

raggedy

Reaction score
I was excited this season, but the way it ended was an absolute disaster. Team was completely, mentally and emotionally unprepared, and that comes down to the coaching. Mac needed to go, and now one more season of this same ol' S'iT? Yeah, after 48 years of watching this team, next year I'm checking out. I'll follow the NFL for fantasy purposes, but I can't keep investing emotions into this Dallas team. It's a laughing stock.

Sure seems obvious Jerruh is just happy filling his coffers (coffin?) with more cash by keeping the team "relevant." Fans want more than just his stupid lip service of "we all feel the pain" BS. I'm out....

BigD16

Reaction score
the day Jerry takes his dirt nap will be the biggest victory for cowboys fans since the 90s

FoxF

Reaction score
I hope someone gets fired, I‘d settle for the water boy at this point.

Now we are counting in Seattle to save us from another year of Quinn.

BigD_95

Reaction score

Statement Jerry Jones:

“I believe this team is very close and capable of achieving our ultimate goals and the best step forward for us will be with Mike McCarthy as our head coach. There is great benefit to continuing the team’s progress under Mike’s leadership as our head coach. Specifically, there are many layers of success that have occurred this season as a result of Mike’s approach to leading the team, both with individual players and with our team collectively. Mike has the highest regular season winning percentage of any head coach in Cowboys history and we will dedicate ourselves, in partnership with him, to translating that into reaching our post season goals. Certainly, Mike’s career has demonstrated post season success at a high level, and we have great confidence that can continue.

"Further, our loss on Sunday is shared by everyone here, not just Coach McCarthy. Our players. Our coaches. Our front office. Myself. There is accountability for our results. I am accountable for our results. The lens we use to view and evaluate Coach McCarthy is holistic. While we’re all disappointed with the result on Sunday and with our playoff record, I am 100 percent supportive of him as our head coach and ability to reach our goals.

“We will start our process of review and decision making regarding everything that impacts our team and roster and, while we’re not going to address specific players and extensions or free agents at this point, it deserves our deepest review and consideration, and it will get it.”

MM doesn’t bother me. If they bring back Dak it does.

Dak is the person that needs to go

dckid

Reaction score

Statement Jerry Jones:

“I believe this team is very close and capable of achieving our ultimate goals and the best step forward for us will be with Mike McCarthy as our head coach. There is great benefit to continuing the team’s progress under Mike’s leadership as our head coach. Specifically, there are many layers of success that have occurred this season as a result of Mike’s approach to leading the team, both with individual players and with our team collectively. Mike has the highest regular season winning percentage of any head coach in Cowboys history and we will dedicate ourselves, in partnership with him, to translating that into reaching our post season goals. Certainly, Mike’s career has demonstrated post season success at a high level, and we have great confidence that can continue.

"Further, our loss on Sunday is shared by everyone here, not just Coach McCarthy. Our players. Our coaches. Our front office. Myself. There is accountability for our results. I am accountable for our results. The lens we use to view and evaluate Coach McCarthy is holistic. While we’re all disappointed with the result on Sunday and with our playoff record, I am 100 percent supportive of him as our head coach and ability to reach our goals.

“We will start our process of review and decision making regarding everything that impacts our team and roster and, while we’re not going to address specific players and extensions or free agents at this point, it deserves our deepest review and consideration, and it will get it.”

Just wow. This shows that he really lives in his own world and will not change. We will never win. I wish no one shows up to the stadium. Send a message to this idiot. Tone deaf, doesn’t care about his audience. Goes back to what I posted ~ 5 years ago saying Jerry does not care about winning a SB. He just wants his team talked about. Period full stop. He has three rings it doesn’t matter. His legacy is already complete.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't say I'm happy about it, but he's our coach and I'll support him until he's not. No amount of whining or name calling is gonna change it. If it did, I'd join the majority of you, but it won't, so I won't either.
Salud and Go Cowboys!

RS12

Reaction score
There is great benefit to continuing the team’s progress under Mike’s leadership as our head coach
Define progress? The year before they won a wild card game at least, never mind the opponent had no business being there. This year they got curb stomped at home to a team one game above 500, they were favored to beat by more than a TD. Jerry must have missed the whole first half the game setting up a deal to rent AT&T out for a monster truck rally or something.

Sydla

Reaction score

Statement Jerry Jones:

He's an idiot.

I wish someone in the media would call out his BS.

You are confident in his ability to reach your goals and yet for 3 straight years, his teams have failed to perform in the playoffs.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
“I don’t want to admit a mistake.”

“I don’t want to give up control”

“I’m either gonna win one my way or die anyway”