Jerry statement on retaining McCarthy

Ozone22

Reaction score
Certainly, Mike’s career has demonstrated post season success at a high level, and we have great confidence that can continue.
While we’re all disappointed with the result on Sunday and with our playoff record, I am 100 percent supportive of him as our head coach and ability to reach our goals.

Is the goal just to make it to the playoffs every year Jerry?
Once again mediocracy for the Cowboys is all I am hearing from you.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I feel bad for how low your IQ has turned into over the years. It's that Dak hate. Do some video research and better understand what is truly happening and why. It would help you understand the game so much better.
I hope you feel better because as that game progresses I could only laugh. Get well soon. Dak sucks and so do the Cowboys! Lol

phildadon86

Reaction score
LOL.

And then reality sets in. A team that is brutally over the cap, doesn't have a full compliment of picks. Dak's extension alone doesn't fix our cap. We are going to have to trim some decent players. We'll nickel and dime in FA again.

The media can be as dumb as Jerry.

Oh and Tom, it's not about one game. It's the fact that he's had 3 straight 12 win teams that then crapped the bed in January, just like Garrett, the guy, you know, that Jerry basically said didn't get the Cowboys far enough to keep his job.
Whats worse. Jerry said the night of the game he made a mistake keeping Garrett. Then keeps Mike. You cant make this up.

What is really annoying is why bother saying you are going to take it game by game with McCarthy before the playoffs when a vote of confidence would have been the right thing to do and create attention where it isnt needed if you are just going to keep him after a disaster of a loss like that?

jwitten82

Reaction score
I will either later today or tomorrow. Not feeling well lately.
You're feeling just fine. You been posting everyday multiple times since the lost, but you don't have enough strength to make a thread? :laugh: Dak just sucks in the playoffs. Don't you DARE lie to us that you're feeling sick

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I hope so. The only positive about the Green Bay game is Dak may have lost some leverage. I agree with you on that one.
Yes. Perfect opportunity for the Cowboys to write some playoff win incentives into Dak's new deal. And I am a Dak supporter recognizing something needs to be done.

kwcool619

Reaction score
Listen, I know it's hard to fire a coach that led the team to 12 wins three years in a row and one that led the NFL in scoring this season.

But it's not that the Cowboys just lost to the Packers. If it was a 30-27 defeat I would say well, bad luck. But the entire team did not show. Not a one. That is an ABYSMAL coaching job.

This team coddles failure.
And rewards failure.

plymkr

Reaction score
Yes. Perfect opportunity for the Cowboys to write some playoff win incentives into Dak's new deal. And I am a Dak supporter recognizing something needs to be done.
I agree, put some playoff incentives in there. Good idea

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You're feeling just fine. You been posting everyday multiple times since the lost, but you don't have enough strength to make a thread? :laugh: Dak just sucks in the playoffs. Don't you DARE lie to us that you're feeling sick
Hey, my head is constantly dizzy, my ears are nonstop ringing, I have nonstop migraines, feel nauseous and like I'm in a tunnel, plus I'm off-balance. If I could tolerate being able to focus and feel close to normal for an hour, I would post these videos and links. I'm simply not feeling well. Scheduled to see a neurologist and ENT next week.

Verdict

Reaction score
Again, do people realize that the Cowboys are already $14 million over the cap? If they don't touch Dak's contract then that means cutting some useful players and finding cheaper, not as good replacements. Also means they might have to restructure some deals they probably won't want to. And even then, that likely results in limited dollars to spend in FA where we clearly have some holes to fill (not that they would spend any money in FA if they had it).

Prepare yourself. Dak is getting extended. I'd be stunned if they let him play out the year on that massive cap hit.
They could pay Dak most of his salary as a signing bonus and add a non-guaranteed voidable year to next year or even two voidable years if they want to.

If the team does it Dak is on a new deal wit a $30m or even $20m cap hit this year. When Dak walks next year the cap hit is less than it would have been this year.

Dak would be for that because Dak gets paid the same money and the Cowboys can build a better team around him.

I don’t know how much Dak makes in endorsement money but I suspect that he makes a LOT more money as the Dallas Cowboys QB than he would get as QB of most teams.