Jerry statement on retaining McCarthy

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
As much as I am disappointed that MM will be returning in 2024, the reality is that until we fix the QB situation - who in 4 out of the last 5 playoff games has failed to even throw for 90 yards in the 1st half, and who has also thrown 2 INTs in the 1st half the last 2 playoff games - can we expect a different result with another coach?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
All this time in seclusion he was just looking for excuses to retain him rather that reasons for firing him. His excuses are the same tired old ones that are spilled on this board. High ranked offense...who knows if another HC could have done the same or even better especially in crunch time. 12 victories the last three seasons....against what competition? once they come up against the top of the food chain, they become minced meat. And even against a 9 win team blown out at home. If he is saying that they have the personnel to compete for the championship, let's say he is correct....then a better HC could get them over the hump and no need to rebuild. He never had any thought of firing him because status quo he is used to... just look at his own track record. 29 years and counting.

Running this train wreck back, we will get what we usually get. With the exception of DQ who will probably move onto Seattle and his replacement will be Whitt or Harris. It is a repeat folks, history repeats itself.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You've fallen for Jerry's Kool aid! Dak has the worst game of his career. A game that fans were waiting for all year because McCarthy was fixing him from the last two train wreck playoff games. I feel bad for you. Your where I was in 2012. Feels good to say Cowboys suck! You should try it sometime.
I feel bad for how low your IQ has turned into over the years. It's that Dak hate. Do some video research and better understand what is truly happening and why. It would help you understand the game so much better.

heir

Reaction score
I never quite understand why the board results in people having arguments with each other. Whatever your opinion is, Dak or no Dak, MM or no MM, DQ or not, the fact of the matter is nothing has worked because of Jerry Jones!!!! If you want Dak, well it didn't work out because of the system that Jerry put in place! If you don't want Dak, then that's on Jerry. The same goes with any other decision that has been made for the last almost 30 years. Stop arguing with people who have nothing to do with the decision-making just because they have a different opinion than you. All the anger needs to be directed at one place and that is at the top and one man is standing there.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
They sign Dak to a ridiculous Mahomes/Josh Allen extension like that after the playoff mishaps and I'm done with this team. That would be the biggest mistake ever.
It's coming....wouldn't shock me if McCarthy got extended too....I can't think of another lame duck head coach winning a Super Bowl.

bottleKids

Reaction score
"Our ultimate goal of winning not 1 but 2 playoff games is VERY VERY close. I just feel it!..... now get me a Scotch."

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
And we all know what this means right? Dak is going to be extended, another 5 years coming up.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A complacent and supportive fanbase is exactly what is required right now to get us to our ultimate goal of 20 billion $.
You're doing your job....keep it going....you really think Jerry is listening?

quickccc

Reaction score
" We reap what we sow.. "

(sigh) ... Do we DESERVE to be one and done again next year ?

:facepalm:

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
It's ok guys, we're using a holistic lens!
header_hololens2.jpg