Jerry/Stephen royally screwed up again

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They do share that because they offered him a 5 year deal at 33mil per year who are you trying to kid.

I believe they like him, they think he's good but not elite. Just because they like him doesn't mean hes elite. They set Daks value just under elite and refuse to budge, had they thought he was elite he'd be signed before now likely last year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jerry did well in the end.

Dak doesn’t deserve the money he wants and will hurt the team with that amount.

Now he gets another year to show how slightly above average he is.

Again half the fan base would disagree and Jerry messed it up because there is no long term deal and as I said the other half likes it because Dak did not get the long term deal. Come of had Dak signed the final deal would you be claiming Jerry did right? lol I tend to think not.

I do agree that pressure is now on Dak and his play will determine everything in terms of what kind of deal he will be able to get. Myself if I was in Dak's shoes I tend to think 5 years paying me 110 gaurnteed with a 50 mill signing bonus, well I would have been all over it. I just set myself up with long term security and a ton of money in my pocket. Dak as he like saying is betting on himself for better and I wish him the best because I would rather win a SB than continue to have these QB battles at this sight.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Funny....y'all said they shouldn't re-sign him at all or trade him...now Jerry and Stephen did awesomely when they were the ones who got turned down lol.
and y'all were pumping y'all's chest about being tagged. looks like they tagged him, now they can trade him for a second or third to get out from under miss inflated ego. If the monster tumor head wanted a deal, he would have told his agent to agree with it, but no, he thinks he's in the Mahomes category.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
LoL, Troll! Dak isn't a franchise QB. The FO dodged a bullet and probably gave him the offer they did knowing he wouldn't sign it. Oh, and what caliber is Dak? He isn't a game-changer so please go back to your Dak safe place and cry into your Dak doll. Our QB misery is almost over.

I would have to agree with you. Dak is just asking too much, and this team has other needs to take care of. I'm beyond sick and tired of Dak's demands. The team needs to draft a quarterback and then wish Dak well in his career in Cleveland.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I believe they like him, they think he's good but not elite. Just because they like him doesn't mean hes elite. They set Daks value just under elite and refuse to budge, had they thought he was elite he'd be signed before now likely last year.
Do you consider Drew Brees elite? I do. He also played one year on the tag.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
and y'all were pumping y'all's chest about being tagged. looks like they tagged him, now they can trade him for a second or third to get out from under miss inflated ego. If the monster tumor head wanted a deal, he would have told his agent to agree with it, but no, he thinks he's in the Mahomes category.
So they trade him and get a 2nd rounder for the bum that he is? Awesome. Good luck with that bro. Ain't happening. We already know how this will play out. He's going to play lights out like he did last year except actually beat credible teams and he's going to raise his value even more than it was. Maybe that's the plan. Go out there and play on the tag for two years straight.......

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
So they trade him and get a 2nd rounder for the bum that he is? Awesome. Good luck with that bro. Ain't happening. We already know how this will play out. He's going to play lights out like he did last year except actually beat credible teams and he's going to raise his value even more than it was. Maybe that's the plan. Go out there and play on the tag for two years straight.......
yeah, you're right, they might be some owner out there who might overestimate daks skill and mortgage his team for an average quarterback. I ain't going to say it won't happen but it might. I'm just glad jerry and son had enough foresight to see what's good for the team.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If they offered him 35 a year with the 50 million signing bonus at 4 years then yes that was fair.

it was 5 years, now why would they want 5 years? because it is easier to work the deal and be able to deal with other FA. Dallas deal was fair. if Dak does not like it fine, I understand. He can play this year and based how he performs will determine his next contract. I want him to succeed but sorry I don't see anything wrong with what Dallas offered him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
yeah, you're right, they might be some owner out there who might overestimate daks skill and mortgage his team for an average quarterback. I ain't going to say it won't happen but it might. I'm just glad jerry and son had enough foresight to see what's good for the team.
Right....because owners are just stupid lol.....Captain Crash gets it. His evaluation is correct on Dak. Everyone else has it wrong though.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
it was 5 years, now why would they want 5 years? because it is easier to work the deal and be able to deal with other FA. Dallas deal was fair. if Dak does not like it fine, I understand. He can play this year and based how he performs will determine his next contract. I want him to succeed but sorry I don't see anything wrong with what Dallas offered him.
I'm just of the belief that if you have a franchise quarterback you don't let one year determine if you will sign him or not. Yes, I understand a 5 year deal will allow for you to restructure and sign someone who probably will suck for you in the future. I get it. If they are that concerned with money they should've thought about it before they re-signed Zeke and Cooper.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Right....because owners are just stupid lol.....Captain Crash gets it. His evaluation is correct on Dak. Everyone else has it wrong though.
too much emotion in this post, step away from the keyboard. he's still here, for now, be happy.