Jerry sure

gbrittain

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1295841 said:
How many years did the Rooneys give Cowher?
Dungy has been with the Colts how long?

Back to Cowher he was in the playoffs his first four years. His third year he was four points away from a Super Bowl. In his fourth year he would have won a Super Bowl had Larry Brown not become his favorite target.

That is not even remotely close to what BP has done in four years.

What difference does it make how long Dungy has been with the Colts? His he the measuring stick now?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
gbrittain;1295873 said:
Back to Cowher he was in the playoffs his first four years. His third year he was four points away from a Super Bowl. In his fourth year he would have won a Super Bowl had Larry Brown not become his favorite target.

That is not even remotely close to what BP has done in four years.

What difference does it make how long Dungy has been with the Colts? His he the measuring stick now?

We want SBs right? Nothing less. Who cares what Cowher did to get close, he lost.

Yeah Dungy is a measuring stick, he's a damn good coach.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1295841 said:
How many years did the Rooneys give Cowher?
Dungy has been with the Colts how long?

Cowher made the Super Bowl in his 4th year. Parcells?

Dungy I could care less about. He had a great team that Gruden won with but he couldn't.

Same with Indy...Starts off great and everyone thinks they are going to go undefeated this year and last and then they fade. They weren't exactly gangbusters against the Chiefs today.

We'll see how they do when the competition gets tougher.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
wayne_motley;1295765 said:
Everyone knows I hate Parcells because of his days with the Giants and that I'll be happy when he's gone...however, I can't see him being fired over this game...our team was prepared, played well enough to win on the road against a veteran team, had the lead late, and we lost it on two fumbles, one by a veteran and one by an inexperienced QB holding for the fg.

Even I can't put anything about this game on Parcells, and the defense played well enough tonight as well, giving up only 2 td's, one of those a 50 yard, quick strike drive after Glenn's fumble when they'd just had a goal line stand to stop Seattle. I can't really put this game on Zimmer either.

IN my opinion, everyone gave a great effort, but the chokers were the players, not the coaches.

I understand your point, but a team reflects its coach.

We played to lose. We did not play to win.

And this attitude has an effect on the team.

We should have gone for the jugular. We should have been less predictable when we had the ball because we knew what this defense was based on five other games. We basically kick a field goal instead of going for the TD up 17-13 and say, "Here, defense you win it for us" (even though this is the same defense that can't seem to stop drives when it has to.)

I knew the field goal (20-13) would come back to haunt us.

And then we didn't try to challenge the Seahawks' secondary at all.

We didn't try any deep passes. We didn't try to even attempt to draw any pass interference calls on corners who hadn't been playing that long. :(

That's coaching. :mad:

RoyBiscuit

Reaction score
newlander;1295728 said:
RoyBiscuit is right. Just too much of a collapse guys. And it keeps happening season after season. I don't know why he cant get them to perform. I also don't care WHY. I just know they aren't getting it done. I never know how Jimmy hit all the right buttons, but he did. Then he got to Miami and was average. Who knows, but changes need to be made and I strongly feel Parcells isn't the man for the job. He won't be back in my opinion , nor should he back. He'll ride off into the sunset much richer but with a blemished reputation for his last four seasons. Sad but true.

Thanks for the compliment. I can assure you, I was the most excited fan around when Tuna was hired, and I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt as much as possible up until the Atlanta game, which we won for crying out loud. I've admired him since his NYG days. Not to sound like a traitor, but I actually enjoyed watching those teams and loved Parcells style.

But the simple fact that I, and many others, have turned a blind eye to is that the game has just radically changed even in the last 5-8 years, let alone 10-15 years. I really wanted to believe we'd win 3 more Super Bowls with him. Its been very hard to finally admit that this just isn't going to work.

I have some news for you. We will never make an NFC Championship game under him. We will not win a division title under him, even. This is it. You've seen all there is to see. MAYBE if he comes back next year sans Zimmer and with a few new players, we can be a bit better. Maybe even prove me wrong in winning a division title, if the other teams in the division go off a cliff.

But a championship? To live up to what he was hired for? Give it up. Do you honestly believe that a coach like Belichick wouldn't have this exact same roster with a first round bye? That they would've tanked an easy division title? Come on.

It's not that Parcells isn't great, because he absolutely is. Its just that its over for him, and we are unfortunate to be the ones to figure it out at the wrong time.

Let's just hope we find someone who can make the most of the talent he will leave behind.