Jerry sure

RoyBiscuit

Reaction score
Juke99;1295411 said:
Jerry isn't going to fire Parcells.

He has too much respect for him. It's NOT going to happen.

He might convince him to quit.

But I don't even think he'd do that.

Unless Parcells walks away, get ready of another season of Coach Flintsone.

34-32, no playoff wins. Four years.

Ouch.

Awesome. Another season of high hopes supported by flashes of brilliance on the field, followed by awful playcalling and the inevitable December collapse and, if we're lucky, an early playoff exit. I can't wait.

I have always had great respect for Jerry Jones, the man is not stupid and has been man enough to admit past mistakes, but the fact that a team with this much momentum and talent blew a division title with a 2-game lead and 4 games left to play, BY LOSING THREE GAMES AT HOME INCLUDING A LOSS TO A 2-13 TEAM THAT SCORED ON US AT WILL...if he convinces himself to ignore all of that, then I just don't know what to say. Especially when that collapse is supported by miserable Decembers each of the previous three years. :enough:

Maybe I'm the idiot...if so, someone just explain the reasoning to me. Please?

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1295380 said:
Well Jerry's made IDIOT moves before.

This would be another one of them.

Like winning 3 super bowls, that guy is an idiot!

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1295599 said:
He's a business man. It would benefit him more to put some one better in the HC position if he thought he could. I think Jones finlay understands that the NFL takes time and consistency, but that's just me.

How long?

Next year will be 5 YEARS!

And we have nothing to show for it that Campo didn't give us.

RoyBiscuit

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1295604 said:
Who is Jerry Jones? We all know the master mind behind the Cowboys winning championships, Mr. Jimmy Johnson, now I'll give Jones credit for being smart enough to lure him away from the U but come on' what has he done since Jimmy left and don't mention that 95' Superbowl because my mother could have coached that team with all the talent it had left from Jimmy's days...

I won't argue that letting Jimmy leave was a mistake for the ages, but the fact is that both of these guys have enormous egos and it was just a matter of time. At least give Jerry credit for changing his ways recently and admitting he made a lot of mistakes since Jimmy left. After all, you can't be a moron and be a self-made billionaire.

Also, I seriously wonder if this current team couldn't have been division champs and won the game tonight with Switzer as coach. At least Switzer knew enough to stay the hell out of the way and let the talent on the field do its thing. OK....that might be the beer talking. :D Strike that last paragraph.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
GoinForSix;1295609 said:
Like winning 3 super bowls, that guy is an idiot!

His first IDIOT move was Saying that there was 500 Coaches that could win a Super Bowl with the Cowboys.

And by the way I think Jerry is the Best Owner in Sports.

BUT he does make Idiot moves sometimes.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1295629 said:
How long?

Next year will be 5 YEARS!

And we have nothing to show for it that Campo didn't give us.

How long was Cowher with Pit?
Would you have fired Dungy? No rings, fall apart every year. Won today.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1295664 said:
His first IDIOT move was Saying that there was 500 Coaches that could win a Super Bowl with the Cowboys.

And by the way I think Jerry is the Best Owner in Sports.

BUT he does make Idiot moves sometimes.

he said with that team
he proved it right with barry

pick something else to hate on him for.

RoyBiscuit

Reaction score
stealth;1295675 said:
he said with that team

Playing devils advocate here...but if not for an awful non-PI call we might have won TWO more trophies with Barry. :p:

newlander

Reaction score
RoyBiscuit is right. Just too much of a collapse guys. And it keeps happening season after season. I don't know why he cant get them to perform. I also don't care WHY. I just know they aren't getting it done. I never know how Jimmy hit all the right buttons, but he did. Then he got to Miami and was average. Who knows, but changes need to be made and I strongly feel Parcells isn't the man for the job. He won't be back in my opinion , nor should he back. He'll ride off into the sunset much richer but with a blemished reputation for his last four seasons. Sad but true.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1295666 said:

If it takes Parcells 15 years to win a Super Bowl like Cowher...Don't count on him being here.

Dungy hasn't won anything. One playoff game means nothing. Althought I would have taken that today from the Great Parcells.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1295730 said:
If it takes Parcells 15 years to win a Super Bowl like Cowher...Don't count on him being here.

Dungy hasn't won anything. One playoff game means nothing. Althought I would have taken that today from the Great Parcells.

So Parcells is doing better than both of those guys. IMOP
Thats my point.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Everyone knows I hate Parcells because of his days with the Giants and that I'll be happy when he's gone...however, I can't see him being fired over this game...our team was prepared, played well enough to win on the road against a veteran team, had the lead late, and we lost it on two fumbles, one by a veteran and one by an inexperienced QB holding for the fg.

Even I can't put anything about this game on Parcells, and the defense played well enough tonight as well, giving up only 2 td's, one of those a 50 yard, quick strike drive after Glenn's fumble when they'd just had a goal line stand to stop Seattle. I can't really put this game on Zimmer either.

IN my opinion, everyone gave a great effort, but the chokers were the players, not the coaches.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
stealth;1295675 said:
he said with that team

I Loved Barry at Oklahoma...But he was the beginning of the end to the Cowboys 90's Dynasty.

Yes he did win in 95 but he blew it in 94.

499 Coaches could have won it in 94 and 95.

es22

Reaction score
ndanger;1295418 said:
I could gave sworn I saw that Romeo Crennel was let go by the Browns.Anybody?

He would be a nice pickup, or perhaps someone like LeBeau or Capers who can be agressive in a 3-4

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1295744 said:
So Parcells is doing better than both of those guys. IMOP
Thats my point.

What?

Parcells hasn't won anything in Dallas...Let alone a Super Bowl like Cowher...And Cowher was in a Super Bowl in what his 4th season.

Hell he hasn't even won a Playoff game like Dungy.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
wayne_motley;1295765 said:
Everyone knows I hate Parcells because of his days with the Giants and that I'll be happy when he's gone...however, I can't see him being fired over this game...our team was prepared, played well enough to win on the road against a veteran team, had the lead late, and we lost it on two fumbles, one by a veteran and one by an inexperienced QB holding for the fg.

Even I can't put anything about this game on Parcells, and the defense played well enough tonight as well, giving up only 2 td's, one of those a 50 yard, quick strike drive after Glenn's fumble when they'd just had a goal line stand to stop Seattle. I can't really put this game on Zimmer either.

IN my opinion, everyone gave a great effort, but the chokers were the players, not the coaches.

I couldn't agree more. Some bad mistakes in all three aspects of the game and we lost by one point. Blame the high priced players.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1295666 said:

First of all Cowher was four points from a Super Bowl in his third season and if not for Neil O'Donnell becoming a huge Larry Brown fan would have beaten one of the all time best teams ever assembled for a Super Bowl championship.

Lets not compare Cowher's first four years to BPs.

As far as Tony Dungy goes...I never would have hired him to begin with.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
gbrittain;1295805 said:
First of all Cowher was four points from a Super Bowl in his third season and if not for Neil O'Donnell becoming a huge Larry Brown fan would have beaten one of the all time best teams ever assembled for a Super Bowl championship.

Lets not compare Cowher's first four years to BPs.

As far as Tony Dungy goes...I never would have hired him to begin with.

We were one point away from advancing, either way no SB for either team.
What's your point?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;1295798 said:
What?

Parcells hasn't won anything in Dallas...Let alone a Super Bowl like Cowher.

Hell he hasn't even won a Playoff game like Dungy.

How many years did the Rooneys give Cowher?
Dungy has been with the Colts how long?

gbrittain

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1295820 said:
We were one point away from advancing, either way no SB for either team.
What's your point?

I do not know what is yours. Wow...one point away from beating one of the most banged up teams in the playoffs in a horribly weak conference.

That is some serious accomplishment after four years.