Twitter: Jerry: "Teams that pay big ticket on quarterback have to sacrifice other places."

bsbellomy

Reaction score
They’re stuck for years. What do you think is a possible divorce date? Before 2023? Not a chance in hell

He can be traded. Eagles did that once they knew Wentz wasn't the guy

DandyDon52

Reaction score
every time jerry opens his mouth his stupidty comes out wow no wonder the cowboys will never compete for a championship as long as he is the gm
yes and he likes to talk alot ! This is when you just have to laugh and think jerrys saying his stupid stuff again for no reason lol!

Brilliant deduction Jerry, someone needs to give you your own black and white TV series {wheelchair included}.
He and steven need several tv shows, so they wont have time to be junior GM's.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Paying the biggest ticket on a running back in this era is a bigger sacrifice, but ol' Jerry thought he had his new Emmitt and it was 1992 all over again.

Another example of why a job-for-life GM isn't really a good idea, as if we didn't have enough evidence already. The NFL moved on but ol' Jerry didn't.

Iago33

Reaction score
I miss AdamJT13 posting here.

@Reality pay the man. The contract for Risen Star was a mistake but we have cap room.
Agreed. I learned something from every one of his posts (except maybe the back and forth on run-centered vs. pass-centered offense). I appreciate people who teach me something!

bewp7

Reaction score
make no sense ever

jerry admit himself that dak never elevate any one around him when he said he the cowboys have to stack the whole offense and dumb it down to make it dak friendly

and he still sign him to a franchise qb contract

in the nfl today if u do not have a legit franchise qb u are better off tanking until u can draft one instead of give big money to some one like dak or kirk cousins or a qb like that

Flamma

Reaction score
So what’s the excuse for not spending when Dak was on a rookie contract, idiot?

You hit the nail on the head here. You will rarely ever see me discuss or display my dislike for the ownership. But when Jerry talks it's usually BS. Don't listen to what he has to say. It's all crap. The Cowboys have the same standard operating procedure regardless of what they're paying their QB. But it does make a difference in who you can pay going forward. But it's not changing their SOP.

Big_D

Reaction score
Paying the biggest ticket on a running back in this era is a bigger sacrifice, but ol' Jerry thought he had his new Emmitt and it was 1992 all over again.

Another example of why a job-for-life GM isn't really a good idea, as if we didn't have enough evidence already. The NFL moved on but ol' Jerry didn't.

He still thinks he has a superstar RB. It hasn’t hit him yet that this is not Emmitt Smith?

Last edited:

plasticman

Reaction score
"Teams that pay big ticket on quarterback have to sacrifice other places."

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

I guess Jerry doesn't realize there are Cowboys fans that are capable of grasping the basic concept of a salary cap.

The money available is like a pie. Every player gets a slice although they are not equal sizes. Logically, the larger the slice you give one player, the smaller the slices that are available to others.

However, Jerry is skirting the real criticism and that was the negotiation process. The team didn't have to pay "big ticket" in comparison to what they could have paid had they been fair and pro-active in the process. But Jerry had to prove what a tough negotiator or savvy dealmaker he was.

Jerry should have taken care of Dak before he took care of Zeke. The longer he waited the more other QB signings brought the price up. Jerry took advantage of the fact that Dak had a 4th round rookie contract a season longer than he should have.

kento40

Reaction score
Can the 90m running back start to elevate himself some? I mean he is the highest paid running back in the league.

kento40

Reaction score
When you see teams like the Rams and the Bucs doing whatever it takes to win and the Cowboys doing the bare minimum and trying to make diamonds out of dirt for years. It makes it real hard to dance this dance year after year.

LittleD

Reaction score
So what’s the excuse for not spending when Dak was on a rookie contract, idiot?

They are saving up to spend on CeeDee, Diggs, and Micah. You just know that those 3 are going to want big bucks.

JBS

Reaction score
They are saving up to spend on CeeDee, Diggs, and Micah. You just know that those 3 are going to want big bucks.
Yep. They were saving up for them when Dak was on a rookie contract. When none of them were on the roster. True.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
how much of these "stars" contract is paid for by the fans at the stadiums in ticket prices, inflated beers, sodas, car parking, and other crap? if a lot, thank a "star".

Oh, and don't forget your "gear". lmao, gear. smh