Jerry: There were 7 options, 5 of them eliminated yesterday

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I’m confused - we’ve been ignoring a big 1T for forever, not the 3T. We only draft 3T’s.
A third rounder in Collins is all we've invested in draft capital. Everyone else is either a bigger DE shoehorned into the position or PFA/7th rounders

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How is that cute?

They obviously considered which player would more likely be available at 90 and prioritized the DT position. Harris ended up getting selected at 81. That’s not far off.

Folks need to stop treating their own opinions as fact as to where Hill would have been available.

Every team makes those decisions and miss out on players they like.

You make it sound so...

Rational.

Some folks just don't think that way.

Sydla

Reaction score
I’m sure they legit thought Hill was the better bet over the term of a rookie contract. I don’t like the pick either, but they took the guy that they wanted more and hoped a guy they liked at a position of greater need would make it to them at 90, and he didn’t. At least they’re drafting their board, though. Hard to get too upset over two trench players.

I just get Taco vibes from this guy.

Talent is clearly there but limited production in college and had some “issues”. That’s Taco all over again. Marinelli has the front office spellbound for some reason.

Hopefully this works out better.

khiladi

Reaction score
IF yOu DoN’T lIkE tHe PIcK fInD AnOtHer TeAm...

4D9215CAEBF23784B47C561BCBECA7989FDD9C1D

Wood

Reaction score
Hill was an excellent selection... He's the ideal 3 technique DT they have been looking for. Only 21, explosive first step and athletic, I am good with the pick.

I agree. Hill is very vocal so it can go either way - he could be catalytic player or be noise box you stick in corner.

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
I agree with Marinelli that 3-tech is more important than safety. Whether this guy turns out to be a good pick we will see.

camaro69

Benched
Reaction score

OMG what did I just read. You pass on a safety that could start day one for a guy that plays hard but out of control and isn't going to start? How does this help our defense. Rod has gone 3 Tech crazy. If the 3 is the key. Why did we spend money on Lawrence why is Quinn here? Why didn't we package the farm for Ed Oliver. So if you a good 3T you don't need safety

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The difference is Dallas actually passed on some good talent this time. For the first time in two years teams wasnt pressing to jump them.

Why the hell didnt they take adderley is beyond me.
I completely agree with you. Adderly should have been the pick with no question.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's only one team for me and my family. Unlike others, I/we don't baby our loved ones. It's a tough love some don't understand, but Cowboys blood runs through our veins. Cowboys are stuck with me. Sorry to disappoint you. lol
Que se vaya a la verga

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Didn’t care for the value, but I didn’t like T-Fred for the value either.