Jerry: This is a must win

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's really no "must wins" that make the Earth explode.

But I think we need to play solid, smart and execute. Let's call it a warm up for playoffs.

75boyz

Reaction score
He's absolutely right.

The appropriate Captain Obvious gif applies.

The difference in our team's home performance as compared to the road ones truly shows how important it is for this year's team to play as many games as possible at home.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Scary to me to hear that degree of hype... here's why... you don't say those words about a game in which you think there's some chance you could lose.

Suggests over-confidence.

And, the reality is, you lose a playoff game, you go home. That's not this. We all know that.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah well you would be wrong. This is absolutely a must win
I could be...yes.

Don't get me wrong....I think we need to not only win but DESTROY them. March into the playoffs confidently and proudly

Or limp in with bloody wounds in our pride and ego.

Which will it be?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Scary to me to hear that degree of hype... here's why... you don't say those words about a game in which you think there's some chance you could lose.

Suggests over-confidence.

And, the reality is, you lose a playoff game, you go home. That's not this. We all know that.
I think that's what I meant. We still get the playoff game. But, might effect our mental toughness and confidence. Not good.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
If we lose this game, sorry heads needs to roll, don’t care about no 5th seed and still going to the PO. Supposedly good teams don’t lose these types of games.

starfan1

Reaction score
a must win is that if you dont your season is done. But given our desparity in performance against good teams on the road versus how we play them at At&T I would say this is as close to MUST win as you can get without it being MUST win

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Put it in big 3 inch headlines: nobody cares what Jerry Jones says.
He is only telling us what we already know. Maybe he has been sleeping all week and just woke up to realize what is going on.
I mean we all knew this as soon as the Eagles lost on Sunday. Heck we knew after Dallas won Saturday night. We beat Washington, Eagles drop one of their last 2 games.

Jerry can hire me to inform him of such situations. :laugh: