Jerry: This is a must win

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jerry wants some home game revenue.
It’s definitely about that, but he also wants to win (contrary to what some believe) and knows that is the best path to at least ending the CG drought.

Wonder how much revenue one home game generates. 20 million maybe? Total guess. Imagine having a 40 million bet on Sunday’s game. That’s where Jerry is, but I honestly don’t think it’s about money. He has plenty of it, but there’s one thing he can’t buy.

He SO desperately wants to be the center of all attention at the Super Bowl for two weeks. This one is Vegas. Does it get more Jerry than that?

He wants this and he wants it bad. I’d say he deserves it but I wouldn’t mean it.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
At least it’s not win it to make the playoffs like prior years where we didn’t control our destiny.

However, a win will vastly improve our chances of making a deep run into the playoffs. Especially with HFA.

Mark

Reaction score
For once, I think we can ALL agree with Jerry.

(Yet, I'm sure a contrarian view will be posted.)

Creeper

Reaction score
Jerry is absolutely right and despite the snarky answers by some, they know it too.

The #2 seed, meaning 2 home playoff games, and the division title are on the line. But also, think about what a loss to the Commanders, who have basically given up on the season, means. What team wants to go into the playoffs one a lost to the team fighting for the 2nd pick in the draft?

This is the only game this year where the Cowboys actually control their own destiny as far as winning the division is concerned.

Does a loss mean the Cowboys are done for the season? No, of course not. But if they can't beat a team that has tanked the season by trading away their two best pass rushers, one of whom made the pro-bowl, then what the heck are they doing in the playoffs.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

the-adventures-of-captain-obvious-in-supply-chain.jpg

Mark

Reaction score
No reason to lose arizona game either but it happened.
The talent differential in the NFL isn't like college. With a little luck...a couple bounces of an irregularly-shaped ball...either ARI or WAS could have been 9-8/8-9 teams this year.

I'm not sure any team in the League (with the possible exception of the Ravens) has won every game they were supposed to this season. Or any season, for that matter. They all have one or more "bad" losses.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It’s definitely about that, but he also wants to win (contrary to what some believe) and knows that is the best path to at least ending the CG drought.

Wonder how much revenue one home game generates. 20 million maybe? Total guess. Imagine having a 40 million bet on Sunday’s game. That’s where Jerry is, but I honestly don’t think it’s about money. He has plenty of it, but there’s one thing he can’t buy.

He SO desperately wants to be the center of all attention at the Super Bowl for two weeks. This one is Vegas. Does it get more Jerry than that?

He wants this and he wants it bad. I’d say he deserves it but I wouldn’t mean it.
Yeah, I've never bought into the Jerry doesn't want to win arguments. He just wants to do it his way, and probably even deludes himself into believing his way is the best way, even though the evidence isn't in his favor. With a more competent front office, maybe we'd have made it back to a Super Bowl before now. I believe that Parcells came in and put the general structure needed in place (bringing in franchise building blocks like Romo and Ware), but when he left, the Joneses turned the team over to a failed head coach (Phillips) and then one who should never have been a head coach (Garrett).

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I mean, I acknowledge we are playing for a great deal... the 2 seed in the NFC playoffs, the division championship, going into the playoffs with momentum, home field in the wild-card round. It's a lot! But c'mon! If we lose, we are still in the playoff with the 5-seed and play a team we should beat the breaks off of in the wild-card round. It's not the end of the world so I disagree with Jerry, It's not a must-win game,

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The talent differential in the NFL isn't like college. With a little luck...a couple bounces of an irregularly-shaped ball...either ARI or WAS could have been 9-8/8-9 teams this year.

I'm not sure any team in the League (with the possible exception of the Ravens) has won every game they were supposed to this season. Or any season, for that matter. They all have one or more "bad" losses.
Thank you for supporting my point.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Sounds like Jerry might have had to move some money
around to cover for expenditures and now he could be
late on that monthly yacht payment...lol

Hey, at least he's not tossing drinks onto drunk fans,
like the Panthers owner.