Jerry: Tony Romo will return at some point near the end of the year at the latest

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hopefully Romo will be back in time for the playoffs. Wouldn't be the same without him.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
Does anyone stop to think his back injury may be a little worse than what was originally reported?

That awkward folding angle he fell, it wouldn't surprise me if he partially re-injured his herniated disc.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Jerry just said about romo on the fan that he might be able to go at the end of the year.

That means no Romo this season. So all you people that have hated him since he took over and have blamed everything on him now have gotten their wish, Tony Romo is no longer your quarterback.

I think this sucks personally.
I have a feeling that Dak's play will make them suddenly decide that Romo is well enough to play again before all is said and done. I'm thrilled that we have Dak for the future, but he still needs a lot of seasoning, IMO. I know that a lot of fans have a different take, and I totally understand their logic...I just think that Tony is easily the better option in the short-term.

Last edited:

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
What it means to me is that if the training wheels fall off, they will roll Romo out there. If not, they will keep moving forward.

I don't think this is necessarily the case like many are saying. Clearly he's the better QB, he should be playing if he's healthy.

cej757

Reaction score
Jerry just said about romo on the fan that he might be able to go at the end of the year.

That means no Romo this season. So all you people that have hated him since he took over and have blamed everything on him now have gotten their wish, Tony Romo is no longer your quarterback.

Tony hasn't played a regular season snap in almost a year and you want him to play when we're halfway thru the season when he's not in any type of football shape. Tony would've been thrown in some serious fire facing the type of heat the Eagles defense was giving Dak. Tony is not ready for that type of game speed and he would've taken a beating.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Thank God. I first started to get fed up with Romo in 2010, when he was 1-5, and a 50 year old backup QB took over the very same team and won way more games that year than Romo. 2012 I was ready to move on after his disastrous performance against the Commanders in that must win game. Finally.. its Daks team. A new era. Hopefully we dont have another 10 years of playoff futility.

if you are going to blame romo and hate him that is your thing to do. All i ask is that at least people could be factually correct.

he was 1-4 and we were blowing out the giants. He got hurt, Kitna was pathetic the second half and against jacksonville and Green Bay.

they fired wade who was blitzing and playing man to man and getting us killed. Paul Pasqualoni took over the defense and started playing a ton of zone and the team benefitted from that. Kitna beat NY, Indy, Det and Washington. He was awful against the cardinals before getting hurt. He did not in any way shape or form play better than Romo.

In fact romo threw what should have been a game winning td against minnesota but the defense couldn't hold and the same in Tenn. We went and scored and then got that absurd penalty on columbo and lost the game.

I know you will dismiss all this and that is fine. But these are the facts. The defense was awful and what worked in the tail end of 09 did not in 10 on defense and it got us beat.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
What if we lose to the Browns and Steelers? I bet Romo heals overnight, this is such crap Romo is ready to play but don't want to derail Dak.

pancakeman

Reaction score
I understand that Jerryspeak has to be taken with a grain of salt. But it's nonsensical to use Jerry's quote saying we'll see Tony near the end of the season at the latest as proof that he won't play this season. It's literally the opposite of what he said!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I look at it like this. You can NEVER count Romo out. UDFA from Eastern Illinois, 10-year starter of America's team. As supportive as he is, do you think he's just gonna chill on his millions? Nah... We'll see how this plays out, but I think it's a smart move to let him rebuild himself back up to football condition.

I agree. And that's why I have to wonder if everyone is on the same page regarding his ability to play. Are all parties in agreement here, or do he and the team have differing opinions on things?

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Does anyone stop to think his back injury may be a little worse than what was originally reported?

That awkward folding angle he fell, it wouldn't surprise me if he partially re-injured his herniated disc.

Flip the switch back to last year. Romo would be playing already.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Tony hasn't played a regular season snap in almost a year and you want him to play when we're halfway thru the season when he's not in any type of football shape. Tony would've been thrown in some serious fire facing the type of heat the Eagles defense was giving Dak. Tony is not ready for that type of game speed and he would've taking a beating.

Yes, He is the much better player and if he is healthy he should return to his job.

That is a moot point now because jerry put it out there in jerry talk today. He is not going to be ready until the end of the year and also added tony will be on board for whatever is best for the team.

You don't say that about a guy you are going to put in as a starter. His talk is 100% different from earlier in the year and to me its not about giving time its about they have their starter in Dak and Romo is out. Now the big question to me is what happens in March. I think stephen will do what he has done to all the good vets who for whatever reason they deemed unworthy anymore, he will be released and forgotten.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

Don't fear change.

This was the only way anyone was ever going to replace Romo anyway. It's like finding a replacement for Witten, it's never gonna happen while he's healthy and the dude is an Ironman.

GusTheo

Reaction score
I think they will handle it similar to the way the Broncos did last year. It worked out pretty well for them.

Agreed. And not for nothing, if the Eagles decide to kick a FG instead of punting towards the end of the game, there's a much different narrative on this board right now. Let's keep things in perspective people.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Don't fear change.

This was the only way anyone was ever going to replace Romo anyway. It's like finding a replacement for Witten, it's never gonna happen while he's healthy and the dude is an Ironman.

I don't fear change. He is a much better player and this team has the ability to take it to the house. The decision has been made. He is not the starter anymore and will only play if the wheels come off the season. basically hey you sit over there we got it covered but if our decision goes down the toilet we will need you to fix everything for us ok..thanks,

thats where we are at. I think the giants are about to go on a 4 game winning streak and we will be in a different position in the east soon. We will need better play to win this division and Romo is the better player. Again all my opinion and its worth as little as anyone else's. Its all whining also from me at this point because its over. the decision has been made.

rynochop

Reaction score
Jerrys the best at talking and saying nothing. I'm not sure there's anything new in what he said...so he could be ready next week, or at the end of the year...at the latest

ghst187

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember Bledsoe was much more of a laser thrower and downfield threat but Brady came in and managed games really well and minimized mistakes to keep more consistency and winning so they stuck with him.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Exactly WG this just means they have extended Daks playtime.
They will continue to ready romo, or they should because dak could get hurt, and better romo than sanchez.

The smart thing to do is roll with dak and see if he keeps winning games.
It is no slight to romo.
And @ eebs, you are overreacting , Tony will be here next year and rest of this year, and you never know what might
happen.
Tony should just rally to the team and dak and work on getting ready to play and in top shape.
2017 will be up for grabs and tony could take the job back unless dak takes them to SB, and wins.

Wouldn't that be something? :)