Jerry: Tony Romo will return at some point near the end of the year at the latest

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jerry also said that Tony would support whatever is best for the team which is more of an indication that Dak will continue to play as long as he's playing well and we're winning.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The two are fundamentally connected. Ask Troy Aikman. Guy could still think and throw a ball when he hung it up. He did the smart thing.

Not really. The two do not have to occur at the same time. A QBs playing prime can definitely occur when they are beyond their physical prime.

CVN68_Cowboys

Reaction score
Not really. The two do not have to occur at the same time. A QBs playing prime can definitely occur when they are beyond their physical prime.

They are at the same time in the case of Romo. He's old and busted at this point. His greatest value is as a good backup. That's all.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
They are at the same time in the case of Romo. He's old and busted at this point. His greatest value is as a good backup. That's all.

Not even close to the same time for Romo.
His value is as the great QB that he is. He is wasted as a backup.

Coy

Reaction score
From what I've seen and heard, we will ride with Dak unless something goes extremely wrong, I don't agree with the decision because I think Romo is the better QB but Dak has done enough to remain the starter, specially since we are 6-1, if he had been playing the same but losing to the Commanders and Eagles (which were basically a coin toss) maybe it would be different, but right now how can you sit Dak? Tough.
Saying that, anyone who thinks Romo will remain with the Cowboys after this year to be a back up is wrong, he will be an elite QB starting for someome else next year.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry just said about romo on the fan that he might be able to go at the end of the year.

That means no Romo this season. So all you people that have hated him since he took over and have blamed everything on him now have gotten their wish, Tony Romo is no longer your quarterback.

I think this sucks personally.
Can he just be quiet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!