Jerry: Tony Romo will return at some point near the end of the year at the latest

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Yeah he's a troll probably really a Giants fan he's from NY he doesn't say anything about us winning just hates on Dak. He belongs on my ignore list not worth debating any longer.

No way he's a Cowboys fan. I used to troll extremeskins relentlessly years back but at least I identified myself and actually engaged in conversation respectfully.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Just cause he's from NY doesn't mean he's a Giants fan. I'm from Pennsylvania, does that make me a Eagles fan?

Yes

I'm kidding but are you constantly ragging on Dak and not saying anything positive about the team? If you did like he does then I would suspect you're not really a fan either. I have not seen you do that so I would not accuse you of that.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Let me ask you this what about Romo's career has he proven that he can win in the playoffs? You can't have it both ways you can't give the team the credit this year for 6-1 and give Dak no credit while at the same time giving no blame to Romo for only 2 playoff wins in his entire career and blaming it on the team around him. That's hedging your bets and what matters most is winning over anything else Dak is a better winner Romo may have the better arm or accuracy but Dak wins he's proven it why would you want to take it away from him when we're leading the NFC? Why do you have no faith in Dak? What more can he do to prove to you he's for real? I have to ask is a race thing with you because you don't seem to give two craps that we're leading the NFC and ranked #2 in power rankings overall.

There are posters that root for Dak that just think Romo is the better option you're not one of them.
In 2014, Romo did more than enough to win both playoff games. He was the only QB in NFL history to lead the regular season and playoffs in QB rating in the same season. This is a fact. That was with a team that is inferior to this team. He also has a 4:1 TD to Int ratio in the playoffs over his career. I dont look at any of those playoff games we lost and say that Romo was the sole reason we lost those gaems.

I watch the games and see Dak's deficiencies. Yes he has the team 6-1. Yes he has played well at times. Yes us Cowboys fans should be excited about our future at the position. With that said, his play has been erratic vs. TWO divisional opponents now. Teams that Romo has consistently owned over the years. Im seeing accuracy issues, and poor throws. Im also seeing poor decision making, which is something we didnt see early on. Whether you or anyone else want to acknowledge it, his play has deteriorated.

All in all, I want this team to win period.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Yeah he's a troll probably really a Giants fan he's from NY he doesn't say anything about us winning just hates on Dak. He belongs on my ignore list not worth debating any longer.
Grow up. Im a troll because I have an opinion on who should QB this team? I have dak in my avi, btw and have had it since the washington game.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Just cause he's from NY doesn't mean he's a Giants fan. I'm from Pennsylvania, does that make me a Eagles fan?
This guy is immature. Just because I dont agree with his opinion, im a troll and Im a Giants fan because I live in NY.

Iv'e said plenty of positive things about this team.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
In 2014, Romo did more than enough to win both playoff games. He was the only QB in NFL history to lead the regular season and playoffs in QB rating in the same season. This is a fact. That was with a team that is inferior to this team. He also has a 4:1 TD to Int ratio in the playoffs over his career. I dont look at any of those playoff games we lost and say that Romo was the sole reason we lost those gaems.

I watch the games and see Dak's deficiencies. Yes he has the team 6-1. Yes he has played well at times. Yes us Cowboys fans should be excited about our future at the position. With that said, his play has been erratic vs. TWO divisional opponents now. Teams that Romo has consistently owned over the years. Im seeing accuracy issues, and poor throws. Im also seeing poor decision making, which is something we didnt see early on. Whether you or anyone else want to acknowledge it, his play has deteriorated.

All in all, I want this team to win period.

Dak's play hasn't deteriorated. You are ignoring the quality of the defense he is facing. GB and Philly are good teams. We had lost 5 straight games to GB before we beat them soundly this year. The Eagles defense made Big Ben look much worse than Dak in their 34-3 thrashing. Frankly I would worry for Romo's safety facing a team like the Eagles given his limited mobility now.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dak's play hasn't deteriorated. You are ignoring the quality of the defense he is facing. The Eagles defense made Big Ben look much worse than Dak in their 34-3 thrashing. Frankly I would worry for Romo's safety facing a team like the Eagles given his limited mobility now.

Big Ben has always looked bad against the Eagles, they have his number.

Also, is this going to be the excuse now for Dak? Any time he faces a good defense, we get below 60% completions and bad INTs? That's okay, because, it's a good D?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Dak's play hasn't deteriorated. You are ignoring the quality of the defense he is facing. The Eagles defense made Big Ben look much worse than Dak in their 34-3 thrashing. Frankly I would worry for Romo's safety facing a team like the Eagles given his limited mobility now.
I agree with your point somewhat, but theres plays when theres no pressure and hes not seeing the field well. He's also making poor decisions when early on he wasnt making any.

JJHLH1

Reaction score

Also, is this going to be the excuse now for Dak? Any time he faces a good defense, we get below 60% completions and bad INTs? That's okay, because, it's a good D?

No need to make excuses if he is winning.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

Exactly. His worse two games have came against divisional opponents that we play again this year. I dont understand how that cant be somewhat concerning to fans.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
No need to make excuses if he is winning.

So if Reggie White in his prime was available and on the Cowboys bench, you would suggest he remain there because we are winning with Jack Crawford? No need to make an excuse for him. No reason to replace him. Stick with what's winning.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
I agree with your point somewhat, but theres plays when theres no pressure and hes not seeing the field well. He's also making poor decisions when early on he wasnt making any.

I agree that he made some poor decisions in the Philly game. Hopefully that won't be a pattern because for most of the year he hasn't done that.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
So if Reggie White in his prime was available and on the Cowboys bench, you would suggest he remain there because we are winning with Jack Crawford? No need to make an excuse for him. No reason to replace him. Stick with what's winning.

Not a good argument. Reggie White was the GOAT at his position. Romo isn't at his level. Of course if there is a huge upgrade in talent you go with that no matter what. That isn't the case with the Cowboys quarterback position. Valid arguments can be made for both players. Even the staff may have a hard time deciding, which is why the discussion is so interesting.

CVN68_Cowboys

Reaction score

Romo isn't in his prime anymore.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Not a good argument. Reggie White was the GOAT at his position. Romo isn't at his level. Of course if there is a huge upgrade in talent you go with that no matter what. That isn't the case with the Cowboys quarterback position. Valid arguments can be made for both players. Even the staff may have a hard time deciding, which is why the discussion is so interesting.

It is the case with the Cowboys.

And you are putting rules on your argument when it fails. That means it's not a consistent logical argument based on sound reasoning.

Gabe

Reaction score
Apples and Oranges. We are talking about the leader of a team at a position EVERYONE looks to vs a very interchangeable position.

At this point in his career, if we were to use your analogy... Romo would be the Crawford and Dak would be Reggie White. So basically you are recommending replace the centerpiece of what is ALREADY WORKING for a lesser piece. Just makes no sense at all. I totally get it that some people only want to see Romo win. Nevermind that we are the best team in the NFC right now.