Jerry: Trey Lance has made the 53

rambo2

Reaction score
They signed Minshew for $12.5 million per season on a two year deal. Why would they trade for Lance, who has no experience and is a free agent in 29 weeks?
They are the Raiders and they have decades of being stupid. 40 years and counting.

Chasing6

Reaction score
They signed Minshew for $12.5 million per season on a two year deal. Why would they trade for Lance, who has no experience and is a free agent in 29 weeks?
I would not be surprised if no one picked him up, if we tried to sneak him on to the practice squad.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Rush has been splitting snaps with Lance.
If you mean in games, yes but rush didnt have many in either game.
I think it is smart to not let rush show anything, then cut him, and resign him after not getting picked up,,,

Chasing6

Reaction score
lance wont be cut or waived, he will be on the roster, jerry already said that. And he will be the # 2 qb, jerry has spoken !
Pretty sure the entire world new this the day he was traded. However, I don't believe he would be picked up if we put him on our practice squad.

erod

Reaction score
Breaking News: He can keep him to trade him also, OR because there's no deal done with Dak yet
Trade him for what? A 6th-round pick and some Funyans? He has no value with so little time left on his contract.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Trade him for what? A 6th-round pick and some Funyans? He has no value with so little time left on his contract.
I would try to trade him for nothing. Just so we can get our $5.3M back.

Maybe Dak can pull off another miracle calling plays and he somehow makes Trance look like Will Grier.

Do you think any team would fall for it???

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
So you missed that TD drive to end the 1st half.
Yes he started out slow, but was it from some conservative play calls as well.
He came in near the end of the first quarter. I wouldn’t consider Chasing6’s opinions on “Trance” to be anywhere near objective. The amount of acerbity he displays towards “Trance” you’d think he bullied him as a kid, or he’s just a Dak fan masked as a Cowboys can who feels threatened because it gives Jerry an option to move away from paying Dak a gazillion dollars a year considering his disastrous play in most playoff games if “Trance” turns out to be any good.

Chasing6

Reaction score
So you missed that TD drive to end the 1st half.
Yes he started out slow, but was it from some conservative play calls as well.
So in week 1 against 2's and 3's it was MN's fault for being too aggressive trying to show case his abilities???

Then in week 2 against 1's we are to believe MM was too conservative.

At what point is Trance evaluated on his own merit?

I can already see the comments next week a mile away. With Dak calling plays this week, he will be accused of intentionally setting up Trance to look bad.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Only because he's getting paid regardless. If his money wasn't guaranteed they'd cut him and sign him to the practice squad.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
They are the Raiders and they have decades of being stupid. 40 years and counting.
Certainly Cowboys fans aren’t “counting” unless, of course, they’re prepared to admit their favorite team is equally stupid.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Lance is awful . Put cooper in .

Trade/Sell Dak , if possible .

Too expensive .

Overload the Defense , and put Cooper on .

We will make the playoffs , same as with Dak .