Jerry: Trey Lance has made the 53

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I would try to trade him for nothing. Just so we can get our $5.3M back.

Maybe Dak can pull off another miracle calling plays and he somehow makes Trance look like Will Grier.

Do you think any team would fall for it???
He was paid $4.5 million on the 5th day of training camp. No team, no one, is going to reimburse the Cowboys for that money under any circumstance.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Does he seriously not understand that things like this make players realize that the head coach has no power or authority?

He isn’t that stupid. He just wants to be a celebrity so badly that he doesn’t care.
But we keep blaming the players for what 28 years now? Most of these players were not even born yet.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Dak is our QB1 and Cooper Rush is our QB2. I don't see how we can spare the space to keep QB3 on the 53-man roster. Who doesn't make the 53-man roster because Coach Jones said Trey Lance does? Deuce Vaughn? Hunter Luepke?
Trey will be QB2

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I would try to trade him for nothing. Just so we can get our $5.3M back.

Maybe Dak can pull off another miracle calling plays and he somehow makes Trance look like Will Grier.

Do you think any team would fall for it???
Sure man.

That’s a great idea.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Good. He should be.

I didn’t know that was in question.
Honestly I haven’t really paid too much attention this offseason but the real question to me was if he can pass Rush to be the #2 QB. If not, gonna say the trade is a bust

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
As usual the Dak bots are dunking on Lance for existing, poor souls. They know their favorite scam artist will be gone soon so they have to unwind somehow, the pain must be unbearable.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Honestly I haven’t really paid too much attention this offseason but the real question to me was if he can pass Rush to be the #2 QB. If not, gonna say the trade is a bust
It really does not matter if he passes Rush or GM Jethro gives it to him. He will not play this year.

Trance most likely gets QB2, because QB2 gets more reps at practice during the season and QB3 gets little to none. Trance needs as many reps as possible.

1. If Dak is resigned it was a waste of a trade.
2. If Trance is not extended it was a waste of a trade.
3. For Trance trade to have any potential value Dak needs to walk and Trance needs to be extended.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Imagine if Lance is signed to an extension before a deal is made with Dak.

There's a number of reasons this could happen. Dallas might want to secure Lance before letting Dak walk. Dallas might think it gives them leverage in negotiations with Dak. That move would raise some eyebrows!

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Since the 5 interceptions against the Chargers, I wonder if it holds true that Lance remains part of the 53??:huh:

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Because GM Jethro made the trade decision all by himself. So he can't be wrong.
After last night's performance I would say that the experiment should be over. Big deal, so the kid come run with the football, unfortunately for him he's playing the wrong position and should be moved to the practice squad so that he can try his hand at something else on the offensive side of the ball.

Chasing6

Reaction score
After last night's performance I would say that the experiment should be over. Big deal, so the kid come run with the football, unfortunately for him he's playing the wrong position and should be moved to the practice squad so that he can try his hand at something else on the offensive side of the ball.
Jerry unfortunately will not see it that way. Jerry is a 1/4 cup full guy.