Jerry trying to "hijack" Goodell's new contract extension

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Probably b/c Jerry is the source for this story. Him and Mort are tight.

McNair is specifically mentioned in the story. But I don't think it's Jerry. The story reeks of NFL front office spin.

Pants

Reaction score
AL Davis was close, change the first two words to "Goodell" and then you have something

quote-the-quarterback-must-go-down-and-he-must-go-down-hard-al-davis-80-19-93.jpg

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
I've never hated Goodell like a lot of people do but you cannot argue with the fact that he has made a ton of mistakes, starting with Ray Rice.

He has allowed this anthem stuff to spiral out of control. He has also allowed what many are calling an oversaturation of the game(Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday football), leading to a dip in ratings.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Here is the article for those that did not read it.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ack-roger-goodell-proposed-contract-extension

Sources have previously said Jones has tried to stand in the way of any extension for Goodell. Last month, ESPN reported that Jones was impeding the progress of contract negotiations aimed at an extension for Goodell. "If not for Jerry," one owner said last month in regard to the contract negotiations, "this deal would be done."

GoJacks

Reaction score
I think the have nots. Smaller markets will want to keep him. All about the $
I would think the exact opposite. Networks are openly regretting the last tv deal and with the current issues with protests and declining ratings I would be fearful of declining revenue of I were a small market owner.

diefree666

Reaction score
The article mentions that it would take 24 owners to approve a new commissioner but doesn't mention how many it takes to approve the extension. But it's a pro-Goodell article. The owners aren't highjacking anything. They are making decisions in the best interest of their franchises.
Logically it would take the same number to approve any change in the commissioners status from firing to hiring to extensions.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
2 ESPN articles this week are hit pieces on Jerry

Make NO Mistake...... ESPN wants to stick it to Jerry

I do not view it that way. IMO it shows how much say Jerry has with the league.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
THE best commissioner would be Jerry Jones himself. If he left the Cowboys to his kids to run and took up the Commissioners job, that would be a huge win for the future of the NFL. Unfortunately the optics would not look good on that. Too many would complain he would give the Cowboys preferential treatment.