Jerry trying to "hijack" Goodell's new contract extension

waldoputty

Reaction score
this made it onto CNN

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

"Jerry Jones and 16 other NFL owners reportedly spoke on a conference call in an effort to find out whether they could "hijack" a contract extension for NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, according to Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter of ESPN.

"You don't get to have this many messes over the years like Roger has had and survive it," one owner said Thursday.

Added another owner: "Maybe Arthur [Blank, the head of the compensation committee] and that committee think they're on track. But they have a lot more resistance than they counted on—and maybe they don't know how the resistance is growing as we speak."

ShortRound

Reaction score
this made it onto CNN

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

"Jerry Jones and 16 other NFL owners reportedly spoke on a conference call in an effort to find out whether they could "hijack" a contract extension for NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, according to Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter of ESPN.

"You don't get to have this many messes over the years like Roger has had and survive it," one owner said Thursday.

Added another owner: "Maybe Arthur [Blank, the head of the compensation committee] and that committee think they're on track. But they have a lot more resistance than they counted on—and maybe they don't know how the resistance is growing as we speak."

Dang, his days are numbered.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Wouldn’t this be something... Like I said before this whole Zeke thing doesn’t appear to be about Zeke IMO especially in light of the Landry jarvis decision.

This is directly aimed at Jerry and hurting the Cowboys, and Zeke is just the toy in the tug of war between Goodell and Jerry. What Goodell doesn’t understand is he does not have Job security Jerry does and he will win.

I would love for this moron to have to testify in the Zeke case and lose his job. He’s a joke

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I wonder who the other owners are. Why aren't they being named?
l1EcT86.gif

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the nfl is a huge mess right now with all that going on the money with the rating falling is what has really got them worried though there greed will eventually get the best of all of them it usually does

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
And this is another reason why I've always liked Jerry. He's a brilliant business man who used his brains to become a self made billionaire. Sure he's made his mistakes, but he's human like the rest of us. No one's perfect. Jerry see's what the fans have been seeing in Goodell for quite a few years. This big, bad sheriff routine that he's brought to the league has also become woefully tired. Goodell has yet to realize the average NFL fan just doesn't care how a player carries himself off the field. Most of them just like watching them play football. I could write a book, but Goodell has already taken 2 minutes of my life typing this reply. And he's not even worth that!
Goodell-Sucks.jpg

dallasdave

Reaction score
And this is another reason why I've always liked Jerry. He's a brilliant business man who used his brains to become a self made billionaire. Sure he's made his mistakes, but he's human like the rest of us. No one's perfect. Jerry see's what the fans have been seeing in Goodell for quite a few years. This big, bad sheriff routine that he's brought to the league has also become woefully tired. Goodell has yet to realize the average NFL fan just doesn't care how a player carries himself off the field. Most of them just like watching them play football. I could write a book, but Goodell has already taken 2 minutes of my life typing this reply. And he's not even worth that!
Goodell-Sucks.jpg
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: