Twitter: Jerry was asked if he's talked to Meyer

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Playoffs or not, Garrett isn't coming back unless we hoist a SB trophy. Odds of that happening are the same as me replacing Tank on the DE.

I'd argue the chances of everyone on CowboysZone making the Cowboys roster is higher than the chance of us going to the superbowl this season.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Maybe they should hire him now and be done with it. The Rodney rule may be the only thing stopping it from a done deal already.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3j0840.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why is it important that they met or not? This is the time of "have your people call my people". Because they may not have met face to face does not mean there hasn't been communication between the two parties to gauge interest and the formality of a sit down to finalize the process is just that, a formality. The deal can be done without ever meeting face to face and Booger didn't say they had not communicated, it's semantics.

Most of these types "negotiations" are engineered through third parties so a face to face turn down can be seen as a spurn. That's why the agents exist, they can play the bad guy and be all about the money, perks and terms and actual party never needs to get their hands dirty with the sordid details that might damage the relationship. This is all about the messenger.

Do you think Strasburg negotiated that deal with the Nats directly?

And do you think Meyer was asked that question about coaching the Dallas Cowboys out of the blue? He threw his hat in the ring without throwing it in the ring. This can all be handled through the channels before it looks like anyone got spurned or turned down.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stephen obviously has some more say and influence these days

Exactly right. It may have taken a good deal of convincing, resulting in the ridiculous timing of it, but Stephen convinced Jerry to part with Dez when he didn't want to. Jerry had "final say", but he said exactly what Stephen wanted him to say.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

Old man is a different kind of delusional

"Better decisions" that has lead to the Cowboys not even making the NFC Championship game in 20+ seasons. This is exactly why Troy made the comment about how the problem was in the front office and how Jerry Jones has ran this team into the ground based off of his ego. No other NFL owner loves to be in the spotlight like he does.

bewp7

Reaction score
i wish there was a way the fans and media could turn up the heat on jerry. every one is talking about garrett, and he is a problem, but jerry is THE problem! accountability is important for a gm, but when the gm owns the team there isn’t any! jerry admitted he has the final say in every single thing, all blame should be on him!