Twitter: Jerry was asked if he's talked to Meyer

shabazz

Reaction score
Meyer is not technically a "coach" these days. In today's media you have to read and listen very carefully. Lots of liars out there.

In some cases .“It depends on what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is. If the—if he—if ‘is’ means is and never has been, that is not—that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement. …

pop culture gem

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we're smart enough to recognize the difference between how the Patriots handle their football decisions vs how we do it.

Some of us are. Others are in such a mad rush to defend anything and everything Cowboys that they lose all rantionality.

And then they have the nerve and lack of self awareness to call others "emotional".

It's hilarious actually.
:lmao:

Stsinaz12

Reaction score

Where are all the homers that say that Stephen is im charge?

If you read up on what Jerry has said basically theyb duke it out verbally and sometimes physically lol...if s jones can convince jerry he does it...lately Stephen outside in the most work so Jerry will go with him of he hasn't looked into it. They have alot of businesses so they r busy. Jerry is even quoted in that D magazine article as saying that....the steady hand of Stephen jones is the name if the article. I highly suggest it!! That's bow it works and its obviously very dysfunctional so if you get red and s jones going to jj's office and they want to do something what do you think he will do? He is pushing 80.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
During an appearance on 105.3 The Fan on Tuesday, Jones was asked about a report that Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones met with Meyer recently.

“I can confirm that it’s absolutely not correct. We have not met with any coach,” Jones said.

Jane Slater of NFL Media reported last week that the younger Jones spoke with Meyer and there’s some wiggle room there as speaking on the phone isn’t the same thing as meeting with someone face-to-face. Either way, the elder Jones went on to say that the team could be interested in Meyer at some point in the future and their current losing streak ensures speculation about the next Cowboys coach won’t be going away.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/10/jerry-jones-we-havent-met-with-urban-meyer/

willia451

Reaction score
After reading the posts in this thread, particularly some of them, I'll just drop this right here and see what happens.

emIHO8v.jpg

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
What I get is his careful use of the word "we", which includes himself and therefore isn't technically a lie. If Stephen spoke to Meyer, but Jerry didn't, then Jerry saying we isn't technically a lie, despite it truly being one. It's how these guys sleep at night.

LOL -- from what Jerry says, he's prone to screaming in his pillow -- like billionaire liars really care that much. That's laughable to me.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
After reading the posts in this thread, particularly some of them, I'll just drop this right here and see what happens.

emIHO8v.jpg

Good thinking. Jerry has the strangest way of articulating what's true and what's not.

In his mind's eye, he defines what true and what isn't. :rolleyes: Kinda godlike, actually!?!

Last edited:

EST_1986

Reaction score
Exactly right. It may have taken a good deal of convincing, resulting in the ridiculous timing of it, but Stephen convinced Jerry to part with Dez when he didn't want to. Jerry had "final say", but he said exactly what Stephen wanted him to say.
Anyone who doesn’t realize this and the change in front office philosophy for the most part is just ignorantly blind

cern

Reaction score
ambiguity once again. we haven't "met" doesn't necessarily mean we haven't spoken by phone. sly fox that jerry.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Crying in his pillow, yet refusing to change the way he runs things. That's self inflicted abuse.

Something does appear to be missing in his mental processing!
Might it not be fair to conclude he's going a tad bonkers? :muttley:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
where is dez? where is romo? jerry wanted them both. Stephen showed them the door.
Where is the proof of this?

And if you think for a second that Jerry doesnt have final say, then I have a bridge in brooklyn to sell you...

RS12

Reaction score
Lol. Yep Jerry never dibs. Who remembers TO aimt getting cut.

GMO415

Reaction score
Jerry also admitted he has to feed K&C Masterpiece BS every now and then.

This is one of those times.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just because he hasn’t met with him doesn’t mean he hasn’t spoken to him.