Twitter: Jerry was asked if he's talked to Meyer

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“That is not correct. We have not met with any coach.”

Technically, Urban Meyer is NOT a coach.

He's an analyst employed by FOX.

And "we" includes Jerry. The reporte mention she Stephen, not Jerry, so that would be "he", not "we".

TheTruthIsOutThere

Reaction score
"Better decisions" that has lead to the Cowboys not even making the NFC Championship game in 20+ seasons. This is exactly why Troy made the comment about how the problem was in the front office and how Jerry Jones has ran this team into the ground based off of his ego. No other NFL owner loves to be in the spotlight like he does.
This, His way has not worked and will not work. Just because the decisions you are making are easy doesn't make them the right ones.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Where are all the homers that say that Stephen is im charge?

Robert Kraft has the final say in New England. He is the owner.

Belichick is "in charge" of football operations.

How dumb are you people?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Is "we" one person? No, "we" includes me. So when Jerry says it, it includes himself. Sure, if he didn't speak to Meyer personally, or wasn't directly involved, he's technically not lying when he says we. And that's exactly what he's going for, not technically lying, just actually lying.

I'm at a point where I'm reluctant to believe anything Jerry says, whether it's one word or a hundred that comes from his lips. He's been caught in more lies in the past that his credibility isn't something that he deserves. Maybe the media misquoted his intent in this case but it's really hard to tell.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Does the Rooney rule mean something different to everyone else? I missed where Urban counts as a minority

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm at a point where I'm reluctant to believe anything Jerry says, whether it's one word or a hundred that comes from his lips. He's been caught in more lies in the past that his credibility isn't something that he deserves. Maybe the media misquoted his intent in this case but it's really hard to tell.

I think your first instinct is the correct one. He's a salesman, and salesmen lie as part of their job and tell themselves that it's OK.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think your first instinct is the correct one. He's a salesman, and salesmen lie as part of their job and tell themselves that it's OK.

What gets my tail is that he seems to claim that Stephen didn't speak to anyone either and the media has been saying otherwise. It's absurd.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What gets my tail is that he seems to claim that Stephen didn't speak to anyone either and the media has been saying otherwise. It's absurd.

What I get is his careful use of the word "we", which includes himself and therefore isn't technically a lie. If Stephen spoke to Meyer, but Jerry didn't, then Jerry saying we isn't technically a lie, despite it truly being one. It's how these guys sleep at night.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What I get is his careful use of the word "we", which includes himself and therefore isn't technically a lie. If Stephen spoke to Meyer, but Jerry didn't, then Jerry saying we isn't technically a lie, despite it truly being one. It's how these guys sleep at night.

Maybe Stephen didn't tell Jerry he spoke with Meyer....:muttley:....