Twitter: Jerry: "We are closer than those championship game zeroes show"

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You cannot see the forest for the trees. The officials who made bad calls in the SBs never are disciplined. What does THAT tell you?

It tells me humans make mistakes. How much discipline do players get for missed assignments, dropped passes, etc.? This notion that refs should never miss a call, or if they do it is corruption, is something that only happens in sports. Humans make mistakes every day, in all walks of life, but if it's a sports official then it's something else entirely.

Fortunately, the internet provides us with fans who see the big picture and can enlighten the rest of us. Interestingly, they only seem to make a fuss when it hurts their team or benefits one they don't like. Go figure.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Well, I'm just glad Jerry didn't say we are FARTHER than the championship zeros show.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
It tells me humans make mistakes. How much discipline do players get for missed assignments, dropped passes, etc.? This notion that refs should never miss a call, or if they do it is corruption, is something that only happens in sports. Humans make mistakes every day, in all walks of life, but if it's a sports official then it's something else entirely.

Fortunately, the internet provides us with fans who see the big picture and can enlighten the rest of us. Interestingly, they only seem to make a fuss when it hurts their team or benefits one they don't like. Go figure.
Best post of the thread so I had to quote it. Thank you!